Profile for JackSparrow > Reviews

Avoca The Complete Wart & Verruca Treatment
Offered by Activecare Online
Price: 5.09

3.0 out of 5 stars Pyogenic Granuloma, 19 July 2014
I bought one of these to treat a Pyogenic Granuloma on my big toe. (This is a bit like a wart but is a cluster of blood vessels, and when my GP told me what it was, he said silver nitrate was a good treatment). The worst thing about silver nitrate, as everyone has already pointed out, is the staining. You can manage to stain things easily without even trying, no matter how careful you seem to be. Just ask my bathroom! There are black splodges everywhere and not to mention my hands and feet which I had to walk around with for about a week looking like I was dirty as heck!

Anyway - the treatment itself .... I think my PG must just be super-stubborn because despite repeated applications of this, the darn thing is still there. When I apply it, I feel it burning/stinging so assume its working , but a few days later when the dead skin is peeled away, the PG has still been there every time! I am going back to the drawing board but I think this would be quite good for certain other ailments that are perhaps less stubborn.

Pet Munchies Chicken Breast with Cheese 100 g, Pack of 8
Pet Munchies Chicken Breast with Cheese 100 g, Pack of 8
Price: 22.10

5.0 out of 5 stars What A Reaction!, 17 Jun 2014
I've never seen my dog act this way about a treat before! He loves chicken and cheese so when I saw these I thought he would enjoy them but wow, he goes insane for them! When he sees you get the bag out he jumps up your leg and squeaks with excitement - something he has not done before ! And he devours them.. usually ends up having about 3 at a time as they don't touch the sides!

A really enjoyable treat which hits the spot for my dog for sure! Have had to buy in bulk now as these are hard to find in the shops and are a bit on the pricey side but worth having as they make my little pup so happy :)

VonHaus Electronic Bathroom Scale with a Slim Sleek Design in Black with LCD Display 150kg/330lb
Offered by Designer Habitat
Price: 34.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Slick scale, 17 May 2014
This scale is a great piece of kit for a low price - you can feel the quality as soon as you hold it, sturdy and slick looking with a clear display and you can chose between lbs or kilo..(all the reviewers saying kilo is not there, you have to swap between the modes manually). The black design looks good in a bedroom setting where mine is kept and gives a reliable accurate reading every time with a reassuring bleep when finished weighing.
Knocked off a star because I would like to have the option of weight in'stone' and also that it shows the dust very fast because it's black, should have thought of that myself though, easy enough to clean with a wipe. Also I wish it was 'stand on to activate' as like another reviewer said, it is quite a hard tap it needs to turn it on. But all in all a great scale and I can't complain as since having it I have lost 6lbs in about 2 weeks yay :D

T-Cut Colour Fast Scratch Remover 150gm - White
T-Cut Colour Fast Scratch Remover 150gm - White
Price: 5.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 6 April 2014
Needed to get some scuff/scratches out of the white wingmirrors and white roof on my Mini. Nothing major but didn't want to have to mess about with re-painting. This stuff worked a treat - follow the simple instructions and boom- within minutes the scratch/scuffs had vanished and the paint perfectly blended. Will need again I'm sure so very handy to keep in stock :)

HealthAid FemmeVit PMS - Starflower Oil, Magnesium, Agnus Castus - 60 Vegan Tablets
Price: 11.49

3.0 out of 5 stars Mixed Review, 6 April 2014
I was having chronic PMS symptoms for quite a while and was getting fed up of the huge emotional toll it was taking on me during both ovulation and prior to/during period. My moods were so dark for almost 2 weeks of the month, life sometimes didn't seem worth living including irritability and problems with impulse control etc.
I was able to track the root of the problem when I properly started tracking my cycle and being able to pinpoint the worst times to ovulation dates and pre-menstrual dates, also specifically the 4th day of my period being one of pure hell.

So looking for solutions I came across this vitamin which I have now been on for 2 full cycles at the recommend dose of 2 per day. The symptoms were definitely reduced for the most part which has been good, but now having completed the second cycle, I have experienced a prolonged luteal phase which I have since learned can be a side effect of taking B6. My period - which has always been like CLOCKWORK - is now over 1 week late and this has meant that all of the bloating etc, whilst a lesser problem, has lasted a lot longer and I don't feel things will balance out until my period starts (who knows when!) I would recommend this for help sort out things (am sure that my hormones were really up the creek and are not so much now) but just a word of caution on how the hormones can be shifted and cause ups and downs in OTHER ways (I didn't expect).
I know people who are TTC may benefit from an extended luteal phase so this is also recommended for them.
But I am relieved that the PMS symptoms have lessened with his vitamin, I just wish my cycle had not been messed up.
And PS- no, not pregnant, and not on any birth control etc so this vitamin is the only thing that can be 'tampering' with my hormones, for better or worse!

Carnation Footcare Corn Caps x 10
Carnation Footcare Corn Caps x 10
Offered by Greens Pharmacy
Price: 3.78

3.0 out of 5 stars Make sure it is a corn, 16 Mar 2014
I had a painful bump on my toe and was told by Dr that it was a corn. I used these plasters as directed but after a couple of days I was experiencing more pain on the site of the bump. I found that a lot of the healthy skin tissue had peeled away dramatically exposing white tissue underneath. The affected part of my toe was also still raw and red and nothing had been 'eaten away'. If anything, it was worse.

To cut a long story short, I found out the thing on my toe is actually an ulcer so is now being treated in a different way. It is a shame I had the added problem of the skin loss and an extra 2 weeks of pain, but believed it to be a corn at the time. :(

This is a high strength acid so do be careful with it and make sure you are treating the right thing. I'm sure they work fine on a corn but do watch your surrounding skin as this literally melts it off and gave me a horrific fright seeing red raw and white peeling skin all over my toe.

Astonish C1526 750ml Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Astonish C1526 750ml Carpet and Upholstery Cleaner
Offered by Dealsdirect247
Price: 3.34

5.0 out of 5 stars As everyone else says...., 16 Mar 2014
.... its brilliant :) The ideal cleaner for inside of the car fabrics. Slight 'hospital' smell to it, but nothing major to worry about. Great purchase.

Autoglym 325ml Bumper Care
Autoglym 325ml Bumper Care
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes A Huge Difference, 16 Mar 2014
I purchased this after reading up the good reviews on it and I am pleased to say it hasn't let me down.
I wanted a product to re-dress all of the black exterior plastic on my 2004 Mini Cooper. The car is electric blue so having nice black set against it makes a huge difference to how it looks. I am very proud of the car and like to keep it in very nice condition - but was finding the condition of the faded (almost grey) plastics on the exterior were really letting it down, even when the rest of it was sparkling clean.

This stuff was very easy to use - applied it to a sponge and gently covered all the exterior plastics evenly, including wheel trims, bump strips and bumpers, wipers and aerial base and also edges of wingmirrors. They all came out stunning bright vibrant black and immediatley make a vast improvement to the car. Together with the AutoGlym tyre dressing that I also purchased, I am very happy with how much difference this has made.

It is also good that you don't need to use too much - so in the event of a re-dressing being needed, I still have lots spare. Great product!

Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite-Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract Formula, 100ct
Hydroxycut Hardcore Elite-Svetol Green Coffee Bean Extract Formula, 100ct
Offered by Vitamin House
Price: 23.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 16 Mar 2014
This is the best version of Hydroxycut I have used, and I've been using it in various forms for over 10 years now. Fills me with energy, staves off hunger and burns fat. Everything it promises and more - the green coffee bean is an excellent addition and I will continue to purchase this as it makes a huge difference to my life.

Weider Carb Blocker - Pack of 120 Capsules
Weider Carb Blocker - Pack of 120 Capsules
Offered by Best4Deals
Price: 17.05

4.0 out of 5 stars Just bought my 2nd bottle - must be working!, 23 Jan 2014
I am fed up of always having to deprive myself of the foods that I love and given that I have a relatively small amount of weight to lose, I decided I'd try and get the last bit off whilst still having somewhat of a life worth living. Carb blockers seemed to provide a solution to this - allowing me to still eat high-carb foods but (here's the science bit) blocking the absorption of a certain percent of the excess carbs (sugars), thus stopping from doing what they do best, turning in to fat.

Since I started taking these in mid-December 2013 (taking 2 before every main meal, usually just once a day) I have been allowing myself to eat whatever I want. I am relatively inactive and have not been following any diet or exercise plan. And during this time, which included Christmas where I must admit, I indulged a bit excessively on all the goodies, my weight has not gone up at all - and is still gradually going down (I am at the low end of normal weight, so honestly don't have much to lose anyway -I can imagine these would work better if you did have lots to lose maybe?)

This could obviously just be nature/coincidence but this could also be thanks to these pills = and to be on the safe side, they have made me feel confident enough to enjoy the foods I like, I have ordered another bottle to keep on them for a bit longer.

Pricey, but good quality from Weider and worth it I think.. nice to not worry about what I am having and not seeing any weight gain at all.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7