Profile for Mrs Diane Buchanan > Reviews

The Voice - Encore
The Voice - Encore
Offered by rockaway-records

5.0 out of 5 stars So relaxing!, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: The Voice - Encore (Audio CD)
I bought this as I'd heard "Where my heart will take me" as the theme music to Star Trek: Enterprise. The CD is really lovely and even though Russell may not be Pavarotti, he more than does justice to the operatic songs. I love opera and thought it would be annoying having the mix of styles but you do get to like it. I don't think it's music to do anything by, but rather to sit back, relax and let it carry you to another sphere. Well worth the low price, and very speedy delivery. And please, really listen to the words of "Where my heart will take me"...... they're inspirational for those of us who've had a bit of a hard road to tread.

Rotary Blades 45mm x 2 Blades (Fits OLFA & DAFA)
Rotary Blades 45mm x 2 Blades (Fits OLFA & DAFA)
Offered by Pandoras Upholstery

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 19 Feb 2014
These blades fit my Fiskars rotary cutter perfectly, and are much cheaper than elsewhere. Will definitely be buying these again.

The Spirit of '45 [DVD]
The Spirit of '45 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Tony Benn

4.0 out of 5 stars Spirit of 45, 8 Dec 2013
This review is from: The Spirit of '45 [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this on behalf of a friend but found the content extremely interesting as I was born in 1945 and remember a lot of these things, especially rationing as it ran well into the Fifties. Well worth a look to let your children, and grandchildren, see what life was like for you.

EZ Quilting Tri-Recs Tools Acrylic Template
EZ Quilting Tri-Recs Tools Acrylic Template

4.0 out of 5 stars Easy flying geese, 8 Dec 2013
I saw this template on Create and Craft and decided it would be a good item to have. It's easy to use, and gives a great result. Price on Amazon is lower than the shopping channel.

Hello Kitty Ballroom Dress Iron on Sew on Embroidered Patch Badge Applique Motif

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice item, 10 Nov 2013
This was just what I needed for my granddaughter's dress as it added just the special touch the dress required.

Wonders of Life
Wonders of Life
by Brian Cox

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book, 10 Nov 2013
This review is from: Wonders of Life (Hardcover)
I have watched all of Prof Cox's programmes and have most of the books to accompany them. They are beautifully illustrated and easy to understand. I have always been interested in science and he makes it very approachable, even if you have no formal training in the subject. More power to his elbow, says I.

The Bag Making Bible: The Complete Guide to Sewing and Customizing Your Own Unique Bags
by Lisa Lam

5.0 out of 5 stars Ideal for the newbie, 10 Nov 2013
I have been sewing for many years but had not ventured into bag making. My niece has this book and I bought it on her recommendation. It is ideal for a beginner bag maker and gives a good grounding in the techniques and materials to use. I'm sure I'll be using this book a great deal.

Pack of Random MIxed Assorted Buttons, approx 75g
Pack of Random MIxed Assorted Buttons, approx 75g
Offered by The Bead and Button Company

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect selection, 10 Nov 2013
I ordered a different selection to the one shown here and am delighted with the buttons. These are in differing sizes, a mixture of resin and wood and are just what I wanted to adorn craft projects including bag making. Would certainly buy again.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Just the job!, 10 Nov 2013
I was most surprised to receive this item the day after I ordered it and it is exactly as described. Has already been put to use!

Space: From Earth to the Edge of the Universe (DK)
Space: From Earth to the Edge of the Universe (DK)
by Robert Dinwiddie

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb, 4 April 2011
This is a typical Dorling Kindersley book. In other words, sumptuous illustrations and clear to follow text. More than worth it for the illustrations alone but as a very new Open University student of astronomy, it is proving invaluable in helping me get to grips with the subject. A superb book.

Page: 1 | 2