Profile for Matt > Reviews

Content by Matt

Matt "mattimeus"

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Master Class Non-Stick 3 lb Loaf Tin, 28 x 13 cm (11" x 5")
Master Class Non-Stick 3 lb Loaf Tin, 28 x 13 cm (11" x 5")

4.0 out of 5 stars Good but sides could be a bit steeper, 30 Nov. 2013
Wanted a massive loaf tin with the non stick corners after being fed up of bread getting stuck in the folded metal variety.

Good price especially compared to what you would pay on the high street, and haven't had any sticking issues.

Only criticism would be that the sides are quite sloped and I would prefer more of a straight sided loaf - but suspect that this is a compromise to aid the removal of the loaf

No Title Available

1.0 out of 5 stars Feels cheap, birds don't use it, 30 Nov. 2013
Got this as a gift for my mother to put on her conservatory window.

Looks nice in the picture but feels cheap when you get it. Is quite small - perhaps the size of a big grapefruit.

Main issue though is that no birds have ever used it - and not through a lack of birds in the garden.

Samsung 3000 mAh Extended Battery and Back Cover for Galaxy S3 - Blue
Samsung 3000 mAh Extended Battery and Back Cover for Galaxy S3 - Blue
Offered by total digital stores

4.0 out of 5 stars A little more battery, a little more thickness, 30 Nov. 2013
Old galaxy s3 battery was on its last legs so thought I would try this.

I had given up on using a case with my galaxy months ago so fitting was not a problem - I am confident that this cover would prevent the phone fitting in ANY case.

Overall thickness is increased to about the same as you would expect if there was a case; the camera and flash are slightly recessed into the new cover.

Battery clearly lasts longer although how much longer will depend on use - it's hardly revolutionary and as a medium user I still charge my phone once a day at night just like I used to with the regular battery. The only difference is that at the end of the day I usually have 50-60% remaining rather than 30%.

Overall though for a slight increase in size - I always thought that the S3 was a bit too thin and slippy anyway - I like having the extra comfort that I don't have to worry about power saving at the end of a day.

Note: in the interests of fairness I should say that I leave wifi, GPS, Bluetooth, and NFC on all day and like the screen bright - I have no doubt that if you were more careful then this could give a real boost.

Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) [Explicit]
Talk Dirty (feat. 2 Chainz) [Explicit]

1.0 out of 5 stars Makes me ashamed of our society today, 30 Nov. 2013
Purchased song after finding it catchy listening to radio.

Hadn't appreciated filth and degrading nature of lyrics.

Makes me ashamed of society today but there you go

JETech Gold Apple iPad Mini and the New iPad Mini 2 with Retina Display (2nd Generation) Slim-Fit Smart Case Cover with Auto Sleep/Wake Feature (Matte Brown)
Offered by JEDirect UK

4.0 out of 5 stars Does fit Retina ipad mini! Good value overall but far from perfect, 30 Nov. 2013
I was looking for a good value cover to fit my ipad mini retina whilst weighing up whether to get the apple leather cover.

Almost didn't purchase this due to other reviews stating that it did not fit the retina, however it definitely does - perhaps just bad luck for some.

Positives are that it is very good value for money and is a slim case adding little to overall size.

Negatives are that the sides of the ipad themselves are not protected (the case clips onto the corners only), the stand function (by folding the cover) just doesn't really work, and the edges of the leatherette cover are a little sharp and unforgiving when you hold the ipad with the cover folded back on itself.

Having owned apple and knomo covers on previous iPads, I can definitely say that this is not up to their quality however I could have 5-6 of these for the same price - so will happily live with the compromises.

Private Games: (Private 3)
Private Games: (Private 3)

1.0 out of 5 stars No continuation from Private 1, 24 Nov. 2013
This book follows a completely different set of characters to the first 'Private' book - which I was not expecting - and so found myself disappointed from the outset.

However I persevered but just didn't warm to the new characters and wasn't enamoured with the story either.

Judging by the other amazon reviews there are clearly divided opinions, but for me I suppose I couldn't get over the disappointment of buying a second book in a series only to find no recurring characters - others may be more forgiving!

OP/TECH Cam Strap QD for Compact Cameras and Binoculars - Black
OP/TECH Cam Strap QD for Compact Cameras and Binoculars - Black

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice idea and exactly what I wanted, but neoprene strap looks tatty after short period of time, 31 Aug. 2013
Purchased this as when moving to a mirrorless camera I wanted to take advantage of the smaller, lighter camera and not have it round my neck.

It is lightweight and comfortable, with the neoprene being soft so it isn't uncomfortable if it stretches, pulls or twists in your hand.

Also the strap is detachable which is handy if you don't want it dangling around.

I was initially concerned about the strength, but have tested it and it copes well with my panasonic gx1 and 14-140mm lens at approx 800g - I have 'dropped' it (in a safe environment!) with the strap attached and - while being a bit bouncy - I don't think that it will break.

However the neoprene has its drawbacks;
- after just one week of heavy use the neoprene is fraying and looking tatty; I don't doubt it's strength or durability but it doesn't look as smart as it did
- in the warm weather, the strap makes your wrist a bit sweaty and uncomfortable because the neoprene is fairly warm and waterproof

Overall pleased with it, it does its job, but it isn't perfect

Panasonic DMW-BLD10E Battery for Lumix G3 and GF2
Panasonic DMW-BLD10E Battery for Lumix G3 and GF2
Offered by SmartSalesUK

3.0 out of 5 stars It does what you expect it to,but is seriously overpriced, 31 Aug. 2013
What can I say - its a battery

I don't trust the imitation / replacement batteries, as although I am sure they are all made in the same factory, the horror stories of batteries frying cameras and catching fire when charging etc mean that I just don't want the risk and always chose manufacturer original instead.

But they know there are people like me out there and so charge extortionate prices for replacements!

Other points;
- works with the camera battery status indicator (on a gx1)
- comes with the protective cap over the battery terminals

Spear & Jackson Rainforest Ecological Spike Sprinkler
Spear & Jackson Rainforest Ecological Spike Sprinkler

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent coverage on our low pressure mains water, 31 Aug. 2013
We have quite low water pressure which makes the reciprocating bar type sprinklers useless, as they only manage about a 3x2m patch of watering, so thought we would give this a try,

Not disappointed, it reaches a circle of about 8m/24ft diameter; meaning it doesn't need moving at all to water our (admittedly not that big) lawn

Construction is very simple, metal ground spike with plastic assembly on top, can't see how it could go wrong. The red 'heart' shape at the top is thoughtfully constructed to enable it to be pulled out of the ground.

Only note is that because it jets water out with very little pressure required, the tiny pulse from disconnecting the hose when you're done can spray water out, so hold it away when you do this to avoid a wet face!

West Paw Design Zogoflex Hurley Dog Toy
West Paw Design Zogoflex Hurley Dog Toy

5.0 out of 5 stars The dog loves it, and we love it (because it is still intact!), 31 Aug. 2013
Purchased this as we already had another toy by west paw design, the bendy 'S' shaped one, which has lasted months when we had expected it to be broken in weeks; so we took a chance on the Hurley being as tough;

I have to say that we are not disappointed!

It is made of a rubber type compound and is slightly bendy and bouncy, the dog (spaniel) gives it a good chew but it never seems to show any signs of damage at all

It is always a relief to find tough toys as all soft toys are off limits to our destructive dog!

Will definitely keep a look out for other products made by this company.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3