Profile for Mrs L F Cook > Reviews

Content by Mrs L F Cook

Mrs L F Cook

The Sirens of Surrentum: Roman Mysteries 11 (THE ROMAN MYSTERIES)
The Sirens of Surrentum: Roman Mysteries 11 (THE ROMAN MYSTERIES)
by Caroline Lawrence
Price: 5.59

5.0 out of 5 stars Never underestimate a book by it's cover!, 7 July 2012
The first time I picked up this book a few weeks ago in my form room, I was thinking... "Wow this book will look exciting just like the one's before it!" When I saw it I was a tad bit disappointed, I mean it doesn't look like much, Flavia walking in the garden at Villa Limona. But then when I'd read the first few chapters, I knew I'd been wrong, I'm more interested in the romance side of these books but love a bit of mystery, this book has both, they fit perfectly well together and you get a good deal of both.
Oh and this is the best part....
FLOPPY'S BACK!
I adore the Flavia Flaccus relationship, because in the previous books it seemed to be more Nubia and Aristo, yeah that's OK their cute together, but you know you do kinda expect what's going to happen with them. Flavia's feelings for both Felix and Flaccus are very moving, I cried several times during this book, purely because people make relationships break relationships and it's really deppressive sometimes. But I was laughing like an idiot in class when I read that the boys went on a boat to have a sneaky look at the girls!!!

Overall even though I'm now finished, this book is the best of all best of all best there could ever be, don't underestimate Lawrence.... :)

How to be Popular: ... when you're a social reject like me, Steph L.!
How to be Popular: ... when you're a social reject like me, Steph L.!
Price: 2.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!!!, 4 Jun 2012
I personnally enjoyed this book, very up~lifting and although I read it in one greedy read very emotional and suprising although SPOILER!!! Some of you think the whole loving~your~bestfriend thing is a bit predictible honestly I was suprised! This book is so funny to and I found myself laughing out~loud when Steph is spying on Jason and Darleen's nature and Lauren's hate for Steph. MUST READ!!!