Profile for David Hume > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
The Outsiders
The Outsiders
Offered by MEGA Media FBA

5.0 out of 5 stars A Rockier edge for sure, but this is still an excellent album from our Eric., 28 Feb 2014
This review is from: The Outsiders (Audio CD)
Of all the forms of music which exist, and I have an extremely eclectic taste, Rock comes way down my list I'm afraid.
But, there is no doubt about it, that this new album is far more rock orientated than his previous albums, which I love.
It reminds me quite a lot of Alabama 3 and the Drive by Truckers.
There is also ne doubt that , whilst Chief pulled you in from the very first listen, Outsiders takes a couple more listens but please do not be put off by this. When people say this in reviews, I sometimes feel they are making apologies for the album and it often puts me off.
This is a different but nontheless, imposing Eric Church at his most assertive best. He has such a beautiful tone to his voice, especially in the higher notes, and his distinctive twang makes me reach for a beer from the fridge immediately to cool me down in that southern heat-and that's me living in Glasgow.
I was also very fortunate to be able to see Eric and his superb band last night in the 02 in Glasgow with just about a sell out crowd-not bad for a wet thursday!People came from all over Scotland too and there was a great mix of ages and appearances, with just a few red-checky shirts on display.
He played half and half new tracks and older ones and went down a storm-brilliant musicianship and vocals. It was a real delight to be at my first concert for 20 years( I have always hated the poor sound quality but things have obviuosly moved on)

I don't quite get why it is a darker album, as it surely is, as Eric obviously loves his wife, son , fans and his music. He SO enjoyed himself last night!! But there is clearly a darker side of him that he tries to keep in check.

I just love being in the ERic Church gang, and would recommend this album to the converted and the agnostics as well as the sceptics!!!
Regards
David
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2014 11:35 AM GMT

Inform Educate Entertain
Inform Educate Entertain

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Brilliant!!!, 6 Feb 2014
I had picked up the wee EP a while ago and saw this browsing last week. To say I have not stopped listening to it is an understatement-I have a mega streaming system and the sound quality is incredible-spitfire is my favourite and the layers of sound are mesmerising.
The themes covered by the voice overs are very current and it must have been fun to match these to the tracks.
I would say there are lots of good dance material here-even for an old 'un like me.
Excellento!!!

Crash My Party
Crash My Party

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent stuff, 20 Sep 2013
This review is from: Crash My Party (Audio CD)
Another record I bought from Amazon reviewers and another great experience.
Not as good as Eric Church in my opinion and a slightly nasal voice,BUT, I have played it back to back all week going to work and have really got in to it.Good tunes and interesting lyrics. A definite definite!!

Chief
Chief

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 star album-This artist is a mega star for the future, 14 Sep 2013
This review is from: Chief (Audio CD)
Who is this man and where did he come from and why I have just heard about him????

I buy far too many albums of all genres and just love listening to music, especially on my brilliant headphones.
I have bought 100's of albums from Amazon, mainly on the reviews.
This album is the best I have heard for several years, especially because I had not heard a single track before.
What an absolute stunner-the voice, the accent, the lyrics, the melody (just like a memory-Springsteen), the ban and musicianship and just the whole darn atmosphere.
I played this to my dear wife at 8.00 am this morning and said just lie back and think of....Carolina(of course). She loved it too.

I am so taken with this, that I will checking out any future UK tour for sure, no matter how far from Glasgow.
Just got the other two now from Amazon and just about to go on a big walk and enjoy them too.

Please buy and spread the word!!!

English Electric (Deluxe)
English Electric (Deluxe)
Offered by FLASH

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Brilliant, Brilliant, 12 Sep 2013
I just love this album and have played it to death on my new head phones. Great tunes with some fancy electronic stuff and good lyrics.
Buy it now!!!

Hunky Dory
Hunky Dory

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than I remembered-excellent album, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Hunky Dory (Audio CD)
I thought this was one of David's softer albums but I have really enjoyed it and it runs A/S a close second for me.

Aladdin Sane 40th Anniversary edition
Aladdin Sane 40th Anniversary edition

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic album and a fantastic production, 12 Sep 2013
I listened to this from beginning to end and then again whilst on a big walk with my new headphones. Stopped for a pint after a two hour walk mega satisfied with myself-this is exactly how I remembered it. Was humming away to myself in the pub.
Tremendous.

Diamond Dogs
Diamond Dogs

4.0 out of 5 stars Still a blast-very good album, 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Diamond Dogs (Audio CD)
I have put off buying this particular Bowie album on CD for several years but just bought this and 4 others. Aladdin Sane and Hunky Dory beat this and Spiders in my humble view, but still a topper.

Wings Over America
Wings Over America

5.0 out of 5 stars A fantastic album , beautifully produced., 12 Sep 2013
This review is from: Wings Over America (Audio CD)
I do not like live albums whatsoever and have just a handful amongst 2500 CD's.
However, this is an exception. It is brilliant from first to last with such evocative sounds,voices and tunes.
It is a masterpiece from every angle going.

The Chic Organization - Up All Night (The Greatest Hits)
The Chic Organization - Up All Night (The Greatest Hits)

5.0 out of 5 stars Groovy summer nights relived, 12 Sep 2013
Absolutely brilliant fun with every track bringing a smile and a wee jiggy jiggy and my wife and I smiling away saying, 'Can you remember.......'
Ah, the days.