Profile for Leonarda > Reviews

Embracing Women: Making History in the Church of Ireland
Embracing Women: Making History in the Church of Ireland
by Ginnie Kennerley

3.0 out of 5 stars Women priests, 7 Dec. 2013
I liked the personal side of this book, enjoyed reading about Ginnie's thoughts and feelings. What I wasn't too happy about were the formal aspects of the book, which were rather boring.

P.D. James - Death in Holy Orders & The Murder Room [DVD]
P.D. James - Death in Holy Orders & The Murder Room [DVD]
Dvd ~ Martin Shaw

5.0 out of 5 stars Martin, 7 Dec. 2013
Martin is great as Adam Dalgliesh, a man to easily fall in love with! Only negative is that The Murder Room lacked the last couple of minutes, so I had to find out through the internet how the film ended!

Apparitions  [DVD] [2008]
Apparitions [DVD] [2008]
Dvd ~ Martin Shaw

4.0 out of 5 stars Martin, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Apparitions [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
It was nice to watch Martin in - again - a different role. As always, I loved his acting, 'intensity' and beautiful voice. But there was a downside as well. I found the end of the film rather disappointing, not to say boring.

The Innocents [1961] [DVD]
The Innocents [1961] [DVD]
Dvd ~ Deborah Kerr

5.0 out of 5 stars Scary!, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: The Innocents [1961] [DVD] (DVD)
Scary film and the fact that it's in black and white makes it extra scary! Watched it years ago on television, liked it a lot, and was glad to purchase it from Amazon!

Martin Shaw: The Biography
Martin Shaw: The Biography
by Stafford Hildred

3.0 out of 5 stars Martin Shaw, 7 Dec. 2013
As I am a fan of Martin, I was looking forward to reading this book very much. The delivery took extra time, so I really had to be patient. What I liked about the biography were the photographs and the fact that it gave me more insight in the life and person of Martin. Having said that, I found the majority of the information rather superficial, which is why I am rating it an okay book instead of a good or great one.

Moon Landing
Moon Landing
Offered by mrtopseller

5.0 out of 5 stars James Blunt, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Moon Landing (Audio CD)
So far, I have only listened to bonfire heart, which I absolutely love! Great music, which continues to make me very happy. Way to go, James!

Black Widow [DVD]
Black Widow [DVD]
Dvd ~ Debra Winger

4.0 out of 5 stars Black widow, 7 Dec. 2013
This review is from: Black Widow [DVD] (DVD)
Very nice film, which I viewed years ago and haven't been able to buy anywhere up until now. It was nice to discover that I still like it a lot!

Musketeers: Two For One Pack [DVD]
Musketeers: Two For One Pack [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Lester

5.0 out of 5 stars Musketeers, 26 Aug. 2010
As a child (girl), I often watched this movie and dreamt of being a musketeer myself. Therefore, it was absolutely wonderful to see this particular version again!

Mermaid Chronicles Part 1: She Creature [DVD] [2002]
Mermaid Chronicles Part 1: She Creature [DVD] [2002]
Dvd ~ Rufus Sewell
Offered by best_value_entertainment

2.0 out of 5 stars The She Creature, 14 Aug. 2010
I bought this DVD because I am a fan of Rufus Sewell. As always, it was nice to see him, but in my opinion this definitely wasn't his best role. No wonder, as the story is very poor and not at all scary. In short: The She Creature is a disappointment!