Profile for I AM ME > Reviews

Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol. 4 [DVD]
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 4.13

4.0 out of 5 stars Great finale, 2 Aug 2007
This is the first triple episode since Doctor Whos revival in 2005 and I really enjoyed it. These three episodes are filled with excitement and memorable Doctor Who moments.

Utopia= The Doctor, Martha and Captain Jack go to the year 100 trillion and it is the end of the universe. Professor Yana ( You Are Not Alone ) is trying to send everyone on a ship to Utopia, but Yana is actually The Master ( another time lord ) and he becomes evil. This is a great, thrilling episode and I really enjoyed it ( 8/10 ).

The Sound Of Drums/The Last Of The Time Lords= It is election day back on earth and Harold Saxon ( The Master ) has been voted in and is taking over the world with his pet aliens the Taclofane. This is a great episode, it has a great end to the series and the final episode is a bit emotional. I enjoyed this episode a lot ( 8/10 ).

I highly reccomend this dvd and I think most Doctor Who fans will enjoy it.

Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol. 3 [DVD]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol. 3 [DVD]
Offered by best_value_entertainment
Price: 3.41

5.0 out of 5 stars The best episodes of series 3, 2 Aug 2007
In my opinion this dvd contains the best three episodes of series 3 and probably the best three episodes of Doctor Who I have ever seen, they are absolutely brilliant.

Human Nature/The Family Of Blood= In these two pre world war 1 episodes the Doctor changes his dna, becomes a human and works in a school but aliens come and with the Doctor as a human, Martha is forced to try to defeat them herself. This is a highly enjoyable double episode and I thought it was brilliant ( 9.5/10 ).

Blink= This episode is about a woman called Sally Sparrow and there are statues called Weeping Angels that are trying to kill her. They move fast and kill you if you blink or look away. This is an ingenious episode with a brilliant plot and it is exciting all the way through, although the Doctor and Martha aren't in it very much. The man who wrote this episode also wrote the popular episodes The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Girl In The Fireplace and if you enjoyed them you will definitely enjoy this. This is my favourite episode in the series ( 10/10 ).

I highly reccomend this dvd and I think it is better than any other one in the series.

Doctor Who - Series 3 Volume 2 [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Volume 2 [DVD] [2005]
Price: 3.96

4.0 out of 5 stars Good episodes, 2 Aug 2007
There are some very good episodes on this dvd and I really enjoyed them, although none of them are brilliant. In my opinion this dvd is better than the on before it.

Daleks In Manhatten/Evolution Of The Daleks= This is a usual Dalek episode with a twist because there is a Dalek Human. This double episode is very good and entertaining but the problem is ( as other reviewers have pointed out ) that the Daleks are in so many episodes that they become very over-used. This episode is set in America and the Daleks have a plan that has to do with the building of The Empire State Building ( 7/10 ).

The Lazarus Experiment= This episode is about the Doctor taking Martha back home, but a man is doing an experiment to make himself younger and the experiment fails and he occasionaly turns into a mutated monster. I didn't really enjoy this episode much but I still think it is ok ( 5/10 ).

42= This episode is about people in a spaceship hurtling towards the sun and some of the people aboard the ship are turning evil and burning people to death. This episode is exciting and intriguing and it is great to watch. I don't know why people think it is like The Impossible Planet/The Satan Pit, because the plot is nothing like that except that they are in a spaceship ( 7/10 ).

There are some episodes definitely worth watching on this dvd but it is not the best in the series.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Book 7) [Children's Edition]
by J. K. Rowling
Price: 14.69

4.0 out of 5 stars A Great End To The Series, 2 Aug 2007
This book finished the phenomenal Harry Potter series brilliantly. Of course, like a lot of good things, this book had its flaws aswell and I will talk about them later on in the review.

Voldemort is now taking over the wizard and muggle world, killing anyone who gets in his way. Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, and Hermione Granger have abandoned their final year at Hogwarts, to find the horcruxes and kill Voldemort for good. It is a dangerous task and it seems impossible but it must be done, anyway. Aswell as the main plot, there are plenty of sub plots, aswell. I think the sub plots were enjoyable too. One of the sub plots that seemed of only small significance was the one with the Deathly Hallows. Although, it was interesting, it just seemed to have limited importance to the storyline. My favourite sub plot was the one about Dumbledore, when you find out the truth about the seemingly perfect person.

The Beginning Of The Book= This was a great and promising start to the book, the excitement was unbelievable ( unlike any other start to a HP book ) and it was very gripping 9/10.

The Middle= If only the middle was as good as the start, it became a little bit of a let down and nothing really seemed to happen. It had it's own relevance to the plot but it was a bit dissapointing, though 5/10.

The End=The last ( about ) 150 pages of the book were extremely exciting and I really found it difficult to put the book down, when I was reading them. There were some problems, though, I thought that the very end of the book was a bit too happy ( for the survivors ), this isn't a very bad thing, I just thought it might of been a bit more realistic if the survivors were damaged for life and if certain surviving characters had died.

The book contained a lot of deaths, so if you haven't read it yet, I must prepare you for some sad deaths. A bad thing about the deaths, was that some of them were written very flippantly, as if they didn't matter, however, others were written brilliantly and had extreme significance to the plot. One of the great things about the book, was that almost all the important questions were answered, resolving the mystery around Harry's life.

I'm sure if you are looking at these reviews, that you have probably read the other books, so you will probably be intending on reading the book anyway, but I still think I should say that it was a great conclusion, even though it had flaws.

Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol.1 [2007] [DVD] [2005]
Doctor Who - Series 3 Vol.1 [2007] [DVD] [2005]
Offered by themediamerchants
Price: 2.90

3.0 out of 5 stars Definitely not the best episodes in the series, 1 Aug 2007
This dvd contains some of the weaker episodes in the series. The episodes on this dvd are Smith and Jones, The Shakespeare Code, and Gridlock.

Smith and Jones= This episode introduces the Doctors new accomplice, Martha Jones. She is acted by Freema Agyeman, and I think she is a great actress and brilliant for the part. The episode is about a hospital transporting to the moon and the Doctor and Martha are in it. Aliens that look like rhinos come and execute anyone who gets in there way. This episode is good but it is not in the same league as some of the later ones ( 6.5/10 ).

The Shakespeare Code= In this episode the Doctor and Martha go to 1599 to see Shakespeare but there are some evil witches. This episode is the best on this dvd and I enjoyed it a lot. It has some great acting and quite a good plot ( 6.75/10 ).

Gridlock= This episode is set on New Earth and everyone is in a large traffic jam. This episode also has The Face Of Boes death. This episode in my opinion is the worst in the series and I think it is like being in a large traffic jam myself. I think The Face Of Boes secret at the end is annoying and if you haven't watched the last three episodes it seems really stupid ( 3/10 ).

I reccomend this dvd but I do think that you should buy other episodes first.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7