Profile for Ms. Caroline Roberts > Reviews

Content by Ms. Caroline R...

Ms. Caroline Roberts

Page: 1 | 2
Graceland
Graceland
Offered by positivenoise

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic, 6 April 2013
This review is from: Graceland (Audio CD)
I had bought this CD for my son, but we all love listening to it! Paul Simon is a time-less genius.

Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (Nintendo DS)
Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call (Nintendo DS)
Offered by rockaway-records

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loved it!, 6 April 2013
Bought for my daugther, she loved it. Has all the previous Prof Layton's and this one didn't disappoint. Sometimes the sequels are not as good as the original, but this one carried on the story with some good puzzles en-route.

NEW Original Dell XPS M1330 / INSPIRON 1318 1545 / 1551 / 1555 / 1557 / 1558 / 1750 / AC Adapter Charger (19.5v, 3.34A, 65W, Replaces Original Part Number PA-21)
Offered by E SHOP uk

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job...., 6 April 2013
Bought this at the same time as I bought a new battery for my daughter's Dell laptop, as both died at the same sort of time. Not had it long enough to be certain this was the right choice of the many on offer. I have my fingers crossed that it is, as I went for a more expensive 'real' version than a copy. Both this and the battery came with 'Dell' on it, so I am hoping they are genuine and do the job properly.

GUARANTEED GENUINE DELL INSPIRON 1525 1526 1545 1546 6 CELL BATTERY TYPE: X284G GW240 RN873 M911G 451-11520
Offered by ShizaltaUK

5.0 out of 5 stars It works!, 6 April 2013
I bought this for my daughter's Dell laptop, as both the battery and charger had died. I read all the reviews for the cheaper copies and elected to go for the real deal. It's expensive, but not as expensive as buying a cheap copy and having to replace it within a short time period. Not had it that long yet, so no idea how long it will last....

Get Out of My Life: The bestselling guide to living with teenagers: But First Take Me and Alex into Town
by Anthony E. Wolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me realise it was all normal!, 6 April 2013
I bought this book at the same time as 'I'd listen to my parents if they'd just shut up', as I was desperate. This book made me feel better just by reading it! As with the other book, when I first read it, it made me laugh and it made me cry. I could hear my teenage son's voice saying all the same phrases in my head. I found out where I was going wrong and, most importantly, what I was doing right. Both books tackle up-to-date issues such as the internet, mobile phones, social networking sites and how to cope. It gives hints and tips to make life with your teenager better and, although there are probably too many tips to implement at once, once you start doing it and your teen stops in his tracks mid-rant, you start to feel more in control. If you have specific issues, the book index makes it easy to find the situation you are having a problem with so you can dip into it and read up on it. Sometimes, just de-camping to my room to read the chapter on the latest crisis was enough to defuse a bad situation. As I continued to read more of the book, I realised that we were both normal, this was all normal behaviour. It isn't enough to say things like 'I would never have behaved like that to my parents', because we live in a different world. I realise that my parents ruled by fear and we don't do that any more, so we have to find other strategies to get the behaviour we want from our kids and this book helped me do that. My son's behaviour had been a shock to me, as my daughter (3 years older) had never been as bad as my son now is. We had had our arguments, but nothing like the terrible, bitter rages that I get from my son. I have been really desperate and I really did not want the Police involved -again- (it was that bad). All too often, especially as a single parent with no extended family, it was easy to think that it was all my fault because I was a terrible mother. It made me realise why my son says what he does and why he behaves in that manner. I have hidden the books from him, as I don't think he would appreciate me getting the back-up/knowledge and the psychological tools to beat him at his own game! To sum it up, this book has given me hope......that one day I'll realise that my son has emptied the dishwasher without me asking and then made me a cup of coffee....and all with a smile!

I'd Listen to My Parents If They'd Just Shut Up: What to Say and Not Say When Parenting Teens
by Anthony E. Wolf

5.0 out of 5 stars Made me feel better just by reading it!, 6 April 2013
As I just said, this book made me feel better just by reading it! When I first read it, it made me laugh and it made me cry. I could hear my teenage son's voice saying all the same phrases in my head. I found out where I was going wrong and, most importantly, what I was doing right. I bought this book as well as 'Get Out of My Life: But First Take Me and Alex Into Town' at the same time because I was so desperate. If I have a criticism about this book, it is only because it is written by an american author for the american market and therefore has words like 'mom' and 'trash' and 'Mall' in it - it's a personal dislike, but that is too minor a gripe to drop it even half a star rating. (His other book is completely geared towards the british reader.) Both books tackle up-to-date issues such as the internet, mobile phones, social networking sites and how to cope. It gives hints and tips to make life with your teenager better and, although there are probably too many tips to implement at once, once you start doing it and your teen stops in his tracks mid-rant, you start to feel more in control. If you have specific issues, the book index makes it easy to find the situation you are having a problem with so you can dip into it and read up on it. Sometimes, just de-camping to my room to read the chapter on the latest crisis was enough to defuse a bad situation. As I continued to read more of the book, I realised that we were both normal, this was all normal behaviour. It isn't enough to say things like 'I would never have behaved like that to my parents', because we live in a different world. I realise that my parents ruled by fear and we don't do that any more, so we have to find other strategies to get the behaviour we want from our kids and this book helped me do that. My son's behaviour had been a shock to me, as my daughter (3 years older) had never been as bad as my son now is. We had had our arguments, but nothing like the terrible, bitter rages that I get from my son. I have been really desperate and I really did not want the Police involved -again- (it was that bad) as it was getting embarrassing. All too often, especially as a single parent with no extended family, it was easy to think that it was all my fault because I was a terrible mother. It made me realise why my son says what he does and why he behaves in that manner. To sum it up, this book has given me hope......that one day I'll realise that my son has emptied the dishwasher without me asking and then made me a cup of coffee....and all with a smile!

Dinnerladies - Series 1 & 2 Complete [DVD]
Dinnerladies - Series 1 & 2 Complete [DVD]
Dvd ~ Victoria Wood

5.0 out of 5 stars Laughed till I cried!, 28 Jan 2013
Funny one-liners in a hilarious sit-com. Julie Walters is a hoot as the mum, I started to want her to appear so that I could see what she was going to do/say next. Poignant moments, deep insight into personal relationships and then the mood lightened by JW bending over and breaking wind. So much depth and subtle moments, you can re-watch the episodes repeatedly and still find something new to laugh at. Very well written.

The Rhythm Of The Saints
The Rhythm Of The Saints

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome classic., 28 Jan 2013
I bought this CD for my son who is a Simon & Garfunkel fan. He loves it. A timeless classic for all S&G fans.

In Case You Didn't Know
In Case You Didn't Know

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album., 28 Jan 2013
This review is from: In Case You Didn't Know (Audio CD)
Bought for my daughter, she loves it and him, she was over the moon to get this as a present. Almost as good as when she saw him in concert.

Farm and Yard Remedies Aloe Wound Spray, 250 ml
Farm and Yard Remedies Aloe Wound Spray, 250 ml

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin., 28 Jan 2013
Bought this to check the moisture content of wood I was buying for my wood burner, as too much moisture can clog up the flue which is hard to clean on my stove. Easy to use, take the top off, stick both prongs into the wood, read digital display. I have even used it to see how damp the walls are in a friend's house! Why only 4 stars? Can't get that excited about a damp meter!

Page: 1 | 2