Profile for Phonetics rookey > Reviews

Collins DMQ1500 English Dictionary and Thesaurus - Grey
Offered by SuStuu
Price: 84.47

1.0 out of 5 stars Very slow and very uncomfortable, 4 Dec 2012
I bought it just because it is cheap and now I understand why it is cheap. Only advantage it has is just that it shows RP pronunciation symbol having a display of more than 4 lines. Except that, I can't find any advantage from it.

Its keyboard is tiny so I need to be very careful when type a word. To make it worse, it takes 2 seconds to show the result and even in thesaurus, it takes longer. For installing batteries, I have to use very tiny flat screw driver to open the box. I really don't understand why they make like this.

If you are finding a display of more than 4 lines and don't want to spend much money on an electronic dictionary, you maybe have to choose this one. But I hope there can an another option for you. While trying it for 30 mins, the only utterance I had was "Ah, really shoddy. They have too inferior workmanship."

I already have another 2 dictionaries by Casio and Sharp. They are not good for English-English dictionary. That's why I need one more. But at least about performance, not about vocabulary, they excel in every area though they a little bit cheaper than this.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 7, 2012 10:23 PM GMT