Profile for Zathras > Reviews

Content by Zathras

Zathras "Zathras" (Somewhere.)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
Satgear 80cm High Gain Satellite Dish with Twin LNB, Twin Cable, Mounts and Fittings - Dark Grey
Offered by NetGadgets
Price: 63.95

2.0 out of 5 stars Initially it seems like a good bit of kit, BUT..., 22 Jun 2014
Unless you have a wall that faces roughly in the direction of the satellite, then the mounting pole/bracket is too short.
My house is part of a terrace and so, I have no south facing wall on which to attach the mount for the dish. I was hoping to be able to turn the dish about 90 degrees (like most of the Sky dishes I see locally) so that it faces south, but as from the distance to the center of the dish is wider than reach of the actual pole/bracket, I will be unable to turn the dish far enough to face the satellite.

All is not lost though, I'll have to put a post in the back garden and put the dish on that: but it won't be as secure as bolting the mount to a wall would have been.

1 Pair Heel Lift Shoe Inserts Height Increase Insoles Silicone
1 Pair Heel Lift Shoe Inserts Height Increase Insoles Silicone
Offered by ULTRA TOP-Dispatched From HongKong
Price: 3.87

5.0 out of 5 stars I bought one set/pair of these heels, and..., 16 Mar 2014
I bought one set/pair of these heels, and liked them so much I bought another 2 pairs for when my current ones wear out.

One leg has a shortened Achilles-tendon, so if I don't use heel inserts then I can't put any weight through the heel of that leg - which in turn makes it very difficult to walk. These heels are wonderful, and made from a soft transparent rubber are quite comfortable.

Night of the Demon (1957) [DVD]
Night of the Demon (1957) [DVD]
Dvd ~ Dana Andrews
Price: 12.46

5.0 out of 5 stars One of my favourite films from when I was a kid., 16 Mar 2014
The special effects are OK for when this movie was made, but what makes it stand out is the excellent story!

Ledlam B22 800BP 10W LED Bulb - day white
Ledlam B22 800BP 10W LED Bulb - day white
Offered by Ledlam UK Ltd.
Price: 9.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Great LED bulb, 16 Mar 2014
This bulb is about 75W and emits a lovely white light - I'm not sure if this is the light for bedrooms, but for utility areas (kitchens, hallways, bathrooms, office/workroom) it would probably be fine.

Pack of 4 Rubber Ferrule 22mm Walking Sticks / Frames Crutches
Pack of 4 Rubber Ferrule 22mm Walking Sticks / Frames Crutches
Offered by Phoenix Walking Sticks
Price: 4.23

1.0 out of 5 stars Items delivered by useless YODEL, 11 July 2013
I never received the actual rubber ferrules because this company used YODEL to try and deliver them. YODEL kept trying to deliver the items about 3pm whilst I was out (training course) and didn't seem to be able to post them through the letter box or knock on next door and ask my neighbors to accept the items, or even try in the morning or evening when I would have been in.

Anyway, I never received the ferrules so I can't say how good or bad they are. And as this company uses YODEL I'll take my trade elsewhere in future!!!

Ortho Sleep 1500 Single Size (3'0 ft) Reflex Foam Mattress - FIRM Comfort - 15cm thick with High Quality Cover - Top Selling Orthopaedic Mattress on Amazon.co.uk!
Offered by Things-Wings
Price: 97.90

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely!!!, 9 May 2013
I'd always used "sprung" mattresses up until getting this, and now I've tried one of these I won't be going back.
Soft yet firm, very warm, comfortable.

Like sleeping on a cloud!!!

Samsung Galaxy S 8GB Wi-Fi MP3 Player with 4.2 inch Display - White (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars I can't fault the hardware but..., 9 May 2013
I can't fault the hardware but why the heck did they have to fill so much of the internal memory with useless apps?
From what I've read on the web, the only way to uninstall some of the useless apps is to "root" the player - but this would invalidate any guarantee, plus - their doesn't seem to be a rooting app for the UK version of this player, and MOST IMPORTANTLY - if you did manage to root the player and found you'd uninstalled the wrong App - you don't have a backup disc to reinstall it from.

(In the box (when I bought this) was a voucher (serial) for Sygic GPS navigation software (which has to be downloaded from "Google Play."
After downloading and installing Sygic software, the serial number was repeatedly refused by their server with some useless/meaningless "server-side glitch" error. The error wasn't caused by me typing in the wrong serial - I accidentally typed in the wrong serial once and the server said it was an invalid serial.
In short, I suspect that Sygic simply does not want to provide their software for free - so if you thought the free Sygic GPS navigation was.a nice extra, think again.)

Amzer TPU Hybrid Case Cover for Samsung GALAXY Player 4.2 - Black
Amzer TPU Hybrid Case Cover for Samsung GALAXY Player 4.2 - Black
Price: 10.46

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good Cover, 9 May 2013
Would have been nice if the cover had some sort of fold-over lid (to protect the screen etc. but that's just my opinion. The cover itself fits very tight and has a nice grip-able feel in the hand.

Corona 2 Drawer Mexican Pine Petite Bedside Cabinet
Corona 2 Drawer Mexican Pine Petite Bedside Cabinet
Offered by First Discount
Price: 44.99

4.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice but..., 18 April 2012
Looks nice but the black and white line-art assembly instructions leave a lot to be desired. After assembly I was left over with 2 strips of plywood that obviously didn't belong to the actual Cabinet - they must have been used as packing. Assembly isn't that quick either, but you only need a Philips screwdriver and small hammer.

The drawers are small: smaller than I would have expected, but then again, this is a Bedside Cabinet not a chest of drawers so it's not meant to store clothes in. Plenty of room for the odd book/Ereader etc.

It isn't varnished, just stained plain wood: but that's not to its detriment as it has a nice "used" look as though it's been part of the furniture for years.

Eddie Murphy Collection [DVD]
Eddie Murphy Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Nick Nolte
Offered by MusicnMedia
Price: 19.54

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movies apart from Norbit, 14 Nov 2011
I agree with other reviewers, except for the film "Norbit" all the movies are great. "Norbit" is so bad that it's painful to watch!

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6