Profile for Z. Sawdon > Reviews

Content by Z. Sawdon

Z. Sawdon "scarletohaahaa" (england)

The Twilight Saga: New Moon [DVD]
The Twilight Saga: New Moon [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kristen Stewart
Offered by A ENTERTAINMENT
Price: 2.27

5.0 out of 5 stars a fantastic film but left me wanting that little bit more, 26 Jan 2010
I agree alot with what has been said already, yes it is more accurate to the layout of the storyline of the book but the intense feelings that the characters feel for each other are sometimes just not there as they should be, not in the case of the real important moments but Edward and Bella have a huge almost physical yearning for each other constantly and that wasn't given a real chance to show through the way it was in twilight. In my opinion Kristen did a very good job of showing her struggle to live without Edward and the great difficulty of having to just get on with her life while feeling a huge part of it was missing, in the scenes where she's crying and screaming in her sleep are heart wrenching and for me these were the parts that moved me; I remember reading the book and noticing I actually had a tear running down my face because I could feel so much of the pain Bella was going through. That is how the film should've had us, the audience, feeling but unfortunalty the actors just weren't given the opportunity regards to acting it out, almost as if the story was being pulled back from reaching any sort of real emotional high, something that Cathrine Hardwick frequented in twilight.
Although he wasn't in the story for a large portion of the film I thought that Robert did a wonderful job of showing Edward's pain with struggling with his feelings towards Bella, there's a part at the beginning when Jacob is giving Bella a birthday gift and Edward has to stand back and watch, he is obviously reading Jacob's mind and you could quite easy believe that someone has just physicalluy hurt Edward by his reaction to whatever he hears in Jacob's head and this is one of a long list of examples that I won't go into but which take Edward's pain and struggles right out of the book and bring them to life in front of your eyes.
Edward's wardrobe however, is a problem for me too as somebody else has started, I understand that he is from a long past era and I can only think that that was the reason for the old fashioned clothes but the director Chris Weitz should've trusted that the way Edward was played brought across his more gentlmanly qualities and manerisms instead of writing it all over him and therefore aging him dressing him in, lets be honest, old mens' clothes and making it very hard to belive that he'd been frozen at 17.
Don't get me wrong I did enjoy the film a huge amount and it is always a difficult task translating to screen what people see in their heads when they read a novel and new moon has been done to a very high level but for me I think it all boils down to, team Hardwick. That being said I'm very excited about seeing how eclipse translates to the big screen, for me it would be prefect if it had the chemistry, tension and personal struggles between the main characters that twilight has and the true to the book story that new moon has, here's hoping.

Painted Desert Serenade
Painted Desert Serenade
Offered by Leisurezone
Price: 7.06

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderfully moving songs, 3 Feb 2004
This review is from: Painted Desert Serenade (Audio CD)
I bought this album just because I love Jessie and couldn't seem to find the sinlge and I'm so glad that I did. Not only has the title song surpassed Jessie as my favourite song but I can honestly say that I truly love all of the tracks, they all move me in a different way. It took probably 4 or 5 attempts before I could listen to Mama's Arms without crying and I'm not generally a big wimp. Also I really have a soft spot for Georgia Rain, infact I must admit that I can't say there is one song that I don't enjoy to huge amount. I would never have thought of myself as a romantic, silly me I know better now. I can't wait to get my ears around more.

Impo
Impo
by Jon Blake

5.0 out of 5 stars Short but fun, 3 Feb 2004
This review is from: Impo (Paperback)
I had to find and buy this book after my son borrowed it from the local library. He instantly loved it. The way Impo breaks down and gets taken to the dreaded scrapyard but then gets re-invented as the hot rod just fires him up. He really has a thing for hot rods now, and still loves reading the book, as I must admit do I.

Vanishing America
Vanishing America

5.0 out of 5 stars Such beautiful songs, 3 Feb 2004
This review is from: Vanishing America (Audio CD)
I first bought Painted Desert Serenade purely based on the fact that I fell in love with the song Jessie and was subsequently thrown by how moving all of the other songs were, so much so that it's title song has now replaced Jessie as my favourite, something I never thought would happen.
Because of this I then purchased Vanishing America and wasn't at all disapointed, Joshua Kadison's talent at writing and singing songs that touch your heart is truly amazing, the stories he tells, and the emotion he gets across make this a must for anyone who loves any of his songs, because if you have heard and liked one of his songs you'll fall in love with them all.

The Meaning of Liff
The Meaning of Liff
by Douglas Adams

4.0 out of 5 stars some light reading, 6 Feb 2003
This review is from: The Meaning of Liff (Paperback)
It's the perfect book to carry around with you and pass the odd minute here or there, at the bus stop, waiting to be called at the doctors office, just as long as you don't mind peolple staring at you when you hit a really funny one and start smiling and laughing to yourself.

Ten Sly Piranhas: A Counting Story in Reverse (A Tale of Wickedness - and Worse!)
by William Wise

5.0 out of 5 stars witty and educational, 26 July 2001
Both my little boy and myself enjoy this book. I love the witty rhyming, the way it explains the way animals eat each other without being scary and there is also the counting element, While my little boy loves trying to spot the next piranha to eat another