Profile for James > Reviews

Content by James

James

Page: 1 | 2
Anker 6ft / 1.8m Nylon Braided Tangle-Free Micro USB Cable with Gold-Plated Connectors for Android, Samsung, HTC, Nokia, Sony and More
Offered by AnkerDirect

1.0 out of 5 stars Purchased two and both have stopped working, 15 July 2016
I purchased two of these, both of them have now stopped charging my devices. I can confirm it is an issue with the cable and not the devices because I have tested other cables which work fine. Neither of the two cable I purchased were used excessively. The problem is that the micro USB end has started to bend on both ends of the cables. The actual cable feels like good quality, although this doesn't matter because at the end of the day, a chain is as strong as its weakest link.

Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit MAR Version Hologramm English UK
Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit MAR Version Hologramm English UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked fine but required phone activation - Read for tutorial, 15 Mar. 2016
I thought I would clear up some questions which I had when purchasing this Windows 7 License. I can safely say that the key worked correctly and is Windows 7 Professional. If you are installing Windows 7 on a formatted hard drive, the key may not work. For me, the key was invalid when trying to register during the setup process. You can simply click the activate later button. Then once you have Windows 7 installed and connected to the internet, do the following:

Method 1:
1) Click the Start Menu, and type "Activate Windows", then enter the serial key.
2) If this fails, then use the below method.

Method 2 (If Method 1 didn't work):
1) Open the Start Menu, and type slui.exe 4 and press Enter.
2) If prompted by UAC, then click on Yes.
3) Click on the drop down menu and select the nearest location to you for a toll free number to call, then click on the Next button.
4) A local phone number should appear with a set of installation ID numbers generated by Windows and displayed on your screen.
5) Call the activation phone number.
6) You will be taken to an automated system. You can either speak the installation ID to the phone or they offer a new service where you can use a smart phone to enter the installation ID.
7) After you have entered it, you will then be given another number. Enter this long number below the Installation ID. A-H.
8) If all went well, you will now be activated.

Hope that helps!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect!, 6 Nov. 2014
Easy to setup and looks really good!

Ergotech Triple Desk Stand with Telescoping Wings for LCD Monitor
Ergotech Triple Desk Stand with Telescoping Wings for LCD Monitor
Offered by the manufacturer

4.0 out of 5 stars Great stand! A bit expensive though!, 6 Nov. 2014
It's a great stand which is clearly well made and strong. I bought the stand for three 24inch BenQ RL2455HM monitors. The reason why I gave this stand a 4 star rather than 5 is because the adjustments to change the monitor's position were extremely tight. The pack includes a couple of allen keys but I found they were too small to hold and put much force on without your hands getting cut up. Fortunately I had a bigger allen key which fitted, this allowed me to put more force on without destroying my hands.

I also dropped a star because of the steep price. They must be making a huge profit margin on this product. I think it's time for a company to release a stand of this quality at a quarter of this price.

I bought this stand instead of a cheaper one because of the telescopic wings. This allowed me to position my three monitors at the correct angle without overlap. I can also upgrade the stand to add more monitors in the future.

If you need a triple monitor stand for 24inch monitors, I would highly recommend this one!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 4 Nov. 2014
Looks good and well made, not really much to say!

5PC NYLON KITCHEN UTENSIL SET CHROME HANDLES COOKING TOOL CAMPING FOOD GADGETS
5PC NYLON KITCHEN UTENSIL SET CHROME HANDLES COOKING TOOL CAMPING FOOD GADGETS
Offered by a2z-discounts

5.0 out of 5 stars Good product, 4 Nov. 2014
High quality, easy to clean, works as well as I expected, good product!

Floortex Ultimat Polycarbonate Chair Mat for Low/Medium Pile Carpets up to 12mm Thick, 119cm x 89cm, Rectangular, Clear (FC118923ER)

3.0 out of 5 stars Don't get close - it bites!, 4 Nov. 2014
It works well and looks good. Although I am currently writing this review with a bandage around my wrist. When I was under my desk tidying the cables, my wrist lightly scrapped the edge of the mat. The mat had slit my wrist and blood everywhere.. It is actually pretty dangerous! I would recommend to sand off the edges! I would of never though that a mat could be so dangerous... I am not entirely sure why the manufacture didn't curve the edges as that would of made it much safer!

BenQ RL2455HM LED 24 inch W Gaming Monitor (1920 x 1080, 1000:1, 12M:1, 1 ms GTG, DVI/HDMI) - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars BenQ hopeless, Amazon superb, 4 Nov. 2014
I think BenQ need to realise that a monitor will not work unless you have the correct power cable!

I ordered three of these monitors, unpacked them all and got them setup on my triple monitor stand. I went to plug in the power cables and then realised they had sent me a clover power cable instead of a kettle power cable. The worst thing is all three monitors had the wrong power cable, meaning I couldn't use a single one of them. I am surprised there aren't more reviews complaining about the wrong power cable. A quick Google search and it looks like BenQ are incompetent to supply the correct power supply for most of their products!

Fortunately the product was sold through Amazon, so I simply contacted Amazon about the issue. They were very helpful and gave me a 15% refunds on all 3 monitors. I then purchased 3 kettle power leads which came to a total of £15.

It's unfortunate that this happened. I would be embarrassed if I was BenQ. It's like a car manufacture selling a car without the keys...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 5, 2014 10:30 AM GMT

TaoTronics Bluetooth Transmitter (Wireless Stereo Music, 3.5mm Audio-Out Jack, Mini USB 5V/1A charging)

2.0 out of 5 stars Works 50% of the time!, 28 Oct. 2014
Sometimes it will connect to my bluetooth headphones, sometimes it won't. My iPhone's bluetooth will connect to my headphones every time, this implies there is an issue with the bluetooth transmitter. Also if I charge the bluetooth transmitter while using it, I get this horrible static sound.

Basically this device will work 50% of the time! Time to buy a new transmitter!

QUEENSHINY Latex Rubber Horse Head Mask Costume Halloween Gangnam Style Dance-Two
Offered by Queen Shiny

3.0 out of 5 stars Crease lines come free of charge!, 16 Oct. 2014
It's great although it came packaged flat. This means that the mask had several creases on. I cured the issue by stuffing newspaper in the mask, I then careful put the mask over the gas hob. This basically heated the latex and removed the creases.

Page: 1 | 2