ARRAY(0xabc9524c)

Profile for FreecycleRichard > Reviews

Content by FreecycleRichard

FreecycleRichard

Page: 1 | 2
What Should We Tell Our Daughters?: The Pleasures and Pressures of Growing Up Female
by Melissa Benn
Price: 13.40

4.0 out of 5 stars Thought provoking - for a dad, 9 Dec 2013
As a dad on an 8 year old dtr I wanted to understand her future challenges. This book has given me a good understanding. Preferred the sections where the author is giving her views rather than quoting at length from other sources.

Now I'm 62: The Diary of an Ageing Cricketer
Now I'm 62: The Diary of an Ageing Cricketer
by Stephen Chalke
Price: 11.32

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing Chalke, 9 Dec 2013
After reading "A Long Half Hour" I expected to be amazed again by the writing of Chalke but have been very disappointed. So much so that I cannot even be bothered to read to the end of the book. This reads like M Berkmann's "Rain Man" with a bit more gloss to it. Will re-sell the book on Amazon.

Scotch 3M 2 Rolls, Highest Quality 3M Scotch Branded Masking Tape 25mm (1") Wide X 50m Long
Offered by yourwholesaler-discount
Price: 3.45

3.0 out of 5 stars Highest quality?, 19 Oct 2013
I am writing this review a few months after purchase. Bought this after reading the reviews. Usually 3M stuff is good. This is good on most surfaces. My daughter is the main user. I found that it did stick and leave marks on a couple of surfaces: window frames and wall paper. Going to go back to Unibond.

The Bowling Was Superfine: West Indian Writing and West Indian Cricket
The Bowling Was Superfine: West Indian Writing and West Indian Cricket
by Stewart Brown
Price: 25.31

4.0 out of 5 stars Superfine writing, 19 Oct 2013
This anthology has a very well written introduction and most of the extracts are good giving a nice and sometimes amusing insight into cricket-life in the Caribbean. The poetry section I could not come to terms with - but then I do not like poetry. Well worth the purchase price.

1000 Mile 2006 Heavyweight Cricket Sock Ecru Mens -  Medium 6 - 8.5 UK
1000 Mile 2006 Heavyweight Cricket Sock Ecru Mens - Medium 6 - 8.5 UK
Price: 13.25

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice socks, 3 July 2013
Use these socks when I'm coaching cricket. Nice and comfortable. Thick wool is fine - even on warm days. Will probably order a second pair.

SIGG Classic Traveller Aluminium Bottle (0.4L / Dark Blue) 0.4L Blue (Dark)
SIGG Classic Traveller Aluminium Bottle (0.4L / Dark Blue) 0.4L Blue (Dark)
Offered by 365onlineshop
Price: 14.10

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the lid, 3 July 2013
Bought this one or myself 2 yrs after buying a similar one for my daughter. Both bottles work well. Simple and effective product for carrying liquids without spillages.

The Eden Project: In Search of the Magical Other - Jungian Perspective on Relationship (Studies in Jungian Psychology by Jungian Analysts)
by James Hollis
Price: 8.39

2.0 out of 5 stars Secrets in the Family, 3 July 2013
too much psycho babble in this book. The theme is obscured by all the long words and technical language. Skim read it.

SIGG Classics Bottle
SIGG Classics Bottle
Price: 16.20 - 35.27

5.0 out of 5 stars Test of time, 1 May 2013
This review is from: SIGG Classics Bottle (Sports)
I am reviewing this Sigg bottle which I bought for my daughter in 2011. It is used daily for school. Works perfectly after two years. Have just bought another one for me.

Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3"
Plain Plastic Scraper Flexible blade. 4.5 x 3"
Offered by CATERINGBASE_LTD
Price: 0.84

4.0 out of 5 stars Effective, 11 April 2013
This product does what it says on the can. At the price should have bought 2 and save on postage.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice finish, 11 April 2013
Used this on our side table in the living room and it came up really nicely. Will be using it on our other suitable furniture.

Page: 1 | 2