Profile for Tony Ross > Reviews

Bodymax CF396aw Olympic Bar and Weight Stand
Bodymax CF396aw Olympic Bar and Weight Stand
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, looks great, 24 July 2014
Got around 120kg on it right now. It looks great, it's plenty sturdy, and doesn't rock or anything like other reviewers have said - maybe it's because I store my heavy plates at the bottom?

AQF Power Weight Lifting Wrist Wraps Supports Gym Training Fist Straps BLACK
AQF Power Weight Lifting Wrist Wraps Supports Gym Training Fist Straps BLACK
Offered by SPORTS INSIDE

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 24 July 2014
I feel much stronger and more stable when wearing these, can really sense that extra power being transferred into the bar. 5 star.

2 x 2.5kg BodyRip OLYMPIC WEIGHT PLATES 1.25-20KG DISCS WEIGHTS EXERCISE GYM TRAIN MUSCLE

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality, 11 July 2014
These look good. Smooth cast and even coating, shape easy to scoop up in finger and thumb. Deep black finish.

York 1.25kg - Hammertone Cast Iron Olympic Plates x1
York 1.25kg - Hammertone Cast Iron Olympic Plates x1
Offered by Sweatband

3.0 out of 5 stars Not great, 11 July 2014
Ordered 1.25kg and 5kg plates. Appearance is pitted and rough, coating is good but doesn't cover imperfections. If the quality is the same for the 20kg I wouldn't trust them, they look like they'd chip and crack if contacting the floor during a deadlift. But they're cheap, and as these light weights aren't going to hit anything I think they'll do just fine.

Bodymax Olympic Cast Iron Weight Plates - 2 x 10kg
Bodymax Olympic Cast Iron Weight Plates - 2 x 10kg
Offered by Powerhouse Fitness

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice, 11 July 2014
I recently purchased a mix of Bodymax, Bodyrip, and York olympic hammertone weight plates. I just chose whichever brand was cheapest at a given weight as all sellers offered free delivery.

I'm very glad to have ended up buying the heavier 20kg and 10kg weights from Bodymax as these seem to have the most even cast and smoothest coating, and the shape makes them easy to carry. There was nothing wrong with the 2.5kg BodyRip plates either, though in my opinion they don't look quite as attractive as the Bodymax ones (if that matters at all to you...). However, the 5kg and 1.25kg York weights were pitted and rough, and don't look like they'd last long if their 20kg weights (being in contact with the floor on a deadlift) are of the same standard. I would definitely recommend Bodymax over the competition.

Bodymax Olympic Cast Iron Weight Plates - 2 x 20kg
Bodymax Olympic Cast Iron Weight Plates - 2 x 20kg

5.0 out of 5 stars Best choice, 11 July 2014

TP-Link TL-MR3020 Portable 3G/4G Wireless N Router (2.4 GHz, 150 Mbps, USB 2.0, Travel Router (AP))
Offered by Vadgets

5.0 out of 5 stars Works perfectly, 10 July 2014
I access the internet at home using a dongle because it's much cheaper than broadband and line rental. Not sure of the reason but I experience a faster and more secure connection broadcasting wifi using this than I do from plugging the dongle in directly. Setup was quick and painless, with clear instructions provided.

2 x Olympic Barbell Lock Jaw Clamp Collars CrossFit
2 x Olympic Barbell Lock Jaw Clamp Collars CrossFit
Offered by Supplement Offers

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better, 10 July 2014
Only ever used spring collars until now. I'll never go back. Takes a moment to clip on and off, and when it's clipped on it feels perfectly secure and really holds the plates in place so they don't wobble and clank.

Barbell Flat Bench Press Dumbbell Weight Lifting Fitness Abs Workout Gym Bench - Black & Orange BY HOMCOM
Offered by MHSTAR

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, 10 July 2014
You may be amazed how much a decent bench can help your bench press form. The bench at my local gym is too wide, too padded, and too tall. What that means is I'm less tight in the bottom, it interferes with my shoulder angle, and leg drive wants to raise my hips off the bench and cramp up my hams. A bench like this, firm, sturdy, narrow, not too tall, is exactly what I needed to increase my poundage. Don't go for anything substandard, this is the one.

Do-Win weight lifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 7, White/Black
Do-Win weight lifting shoes 'Gong Lu II' (Power), UK 7, White/Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Big help, 4 April 2014
I'm more a powerlifter than anything, adopting a moderate width, hip dominant, low bar style of squat. Chuck Taylor's were OK but once I'd adjusted to this new footwear (it did feel weird at first, harder to keep the weight back on my heels) the added stability and support and extra grip make the lift feel much more natural. As for the fit - nice wide toe-box, with a Velcro strap you can tighten up for extra arch support. With the strap I think you'd need a very narrow foot for the normal size not to fit.

Page: 1 | 2