Profile for Lolly > Reviews

Content by Lolly

Lolly (Worcestershire. UK)

The Wine of Angels (MERRILY WATKINS SERIES Book 1)
The Wine of Angels (MERRILY WATKINS SERIES Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Just read this for the THIRD time!, 19 Sep 2014
First time I read it far too quickly, couldn't wait to find out how the various threads panned out and what fix certain characters got themselves into. Now I admit to having a bad memory and don't retain things for too long but I was amazed second time around when I realised just how much I hadn't taken in. There is plenty going on with characters to love, hate or love to hate, evocative descriptions of landscapes and pretty black and white villages, informative historical and geographical snippets and don't let the fact that the main character is a female priest lead you to think it's a particularly religious book because it isn't. I had to read it the third time because I'd read all 12 in the series and am going through withdrawal waiting for number13 which isn't out for another year or so!!

I suppose genre classification is Crime Fiction but it's so much more than that, give it a go, you may just become as addicted as I have.

A Message From The Morning
A Message From The Morning

5.0 out of 5 stars Just had to get this after falling in love with SONGS FROM LUCY'S COTTAGE, 27 July 2014
Just had to get this after falling in love with SONGS FROM LUCY'S COTTAGE!! Just can't get enough of Allan Watson's voice or twangy guitars!! Great fun matching up the lyrics to Phil Rickman's books, some obvious, some not! I constantly have these songs worming their way round my brain and I alternate both albums and occasionally throw in Abbey Tapes:The Exorcism for a change! Listen to the music, read the books, read the books, listen to the music! Just do it!!

Review by LOL, comin' atcha from KIDDAMINSTA!! xx

Songs From Lucy's Cottage
Songs From Lucy's Cottage

5.0 out of 5 stars i need my daily fix!!, 15 Jun 2014
I downloaded this album on May 30th this year (2014) played it 3 times in the first 24 hours and have had to listen to it at least once a day since. I've got one or other of the tunes worming it's way round my head during all my waking hours! I don't understand why it's not been picked up and become a major hit considering some of the rubbish that makes it these days! I just love Allan Watson's voice and his amazing guitar work WOW!

For anyone who loves folk/rock give this a try, sample a few tracks, chances are you'll discover something special!

I recommend giving the books a try too, Merrily Watkins series by Phil Rickman! I devoured all 12 in 6 weeks!

Ladies' Braided Italian Leather Watchband, Color Brown, Size 12mm, Watch Strap
Ladies' Braided Italian Leather Watchband, Color Brown, Size 12mm, Watch Strap

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice strap!, 11 Jun 2010
Good quality leather braided watchstrap - comes complete with easily fitted metal posts to secure to watch - comfortable to wear and delivered promptly in secure packaging. When this has worn out will probably get another one the same - possibly different colour but definitely the same.

Chris Ryan's Strike Back [DVD]
Chris Ryan's Strike Back [DVD]
Dvd ~ Richard Armitage

5.0 out of 5 stars STRIKE BACK ?? MORE PLEASE!!, 5 Jun 2010
OK I'm female and OK I love Richard Armitage and OK I'd watch him in absolutely anything and to be honest army type programmes and films just really aren't my thing BUT ..... this series was fantastic. John Porter is a hero with a heart - a killing machine with a soft centre - paying the consequences for events that were out of his control. The cinematography was brilliant - the South African landscape really lending itself well to each story line. The supporting cast, particularly Andrew Lincoln, Orla Brady, Jodhi May, Sean Parkes, Ewen Bremner, Toby Stephens et al were superb. There is something for everyone - guns, explosions, gratuitous shirt off scenes for us girls, heroism, humanity, secrets, lies and redemption, even the odd flash of humour here and there. I am eagerly awaiting my DVD so that I can watch without the adverts!! If you liked Ultimate Force then you should love this - if you didn't like Ultimate Force don't let that put you off because this is UF with class!! Spooks with b@lls!! Bond with a rough edge!! Yes there were plot holes you could drive an army jeep through but what TV show hasn't got those these days?? If you've got an odd £16 burning a hole in your pocket then you could do worse than invest it in this. And I for one (and I know I'm not alone) can't wait to find out if there's a second series.

Fujifilm FinePix S1000/S2000 Series Premium Case ( not compatible with S3200/S4000)
Offered by Picsio

4.0 out of 5 stars What's the problem?, 16 Sep 2009
Took delivery of this case today - within a couple of seconds of being introduced case and camera had become quite intimate!! Unless this case has been modified or altered in some way since the original reviews I can't understand why anyone has a problem.