Profile for Vaiva > Reviews

Content by Vaiva

Vaiva (UK/Lithuania)

Page: 1 | 2
Galaxy S4 Mini Case - Red Smart View Flip Cover for Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini, Screen Protector Included
Offered by JAMMYLIZARD

4.0 out of 5 stars good visibility through the window at the top, 28 July 2014
It's not the highest quality ever, but it does the job perfectly well. The magnetic clasp works well, the cover protects the phone and the screen, good visibility through the window at the top. After two weeks of use, it has already started showing some signs of wear and tear, but it's cheap and convenient. No complaints.

Tfnc Women'S     Maxi Dressblack
Tfnc Women'S Maxi Dressblack

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice dress!, 12 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Tfnc Women'S Maxi Dress (Apparel)
Somewhere between very elegant and very sexy. Great fit and look. The only problem is that it's basically impossible to wear tights with them, as it either shows through the lacy insert on the side, or through the really long parting on the side.

Anyway, I'm very happy with the purchase.

Hanayama Enigma Puzzle
Hanayama Enigma Puzzle
Offered by cleoco | Cleo's Warencontor

5.0 out of 5 stars Takes a while to disassemble and even longer to assemble, 16 April 2013
This review is from: Hanayama Enigma Puzzle (Toy)
I got this as a gift to a friend. The last one I got him was way too easy, and I was looking for something that would occupy him for a while. This did the trick. Disassembling it took him awhile, and trying to put it back together took him days.

Very pleased with the purchase. Heard no complaints. (Apart from the fact that he hates me, because it took him so long!)

Oasis 20 cm Glass Fish Bowl
Oasis 20 cm Glass Fish Bowl
Offered by Sigsworths Florist Sundries

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what you'd expect, minus a small crack, 16 April 2013
The fishbowl arrived excessively packaged, though that didn't manage to prevent it from having the edge chipped. As I was only going to store my wine corks in it, I didn't bother asking for a replacement, which, I'm sure, I would have received.

Other than that, it looks good, and a fairly good value for money.

Fulton Open & Close 102 Bubbles Umbrella
Fulton Open & Close 102 Bubbles Umbrella

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it!, 19 Dec. 2011
Last summer I lost my old simple red umbrella that I owned for a couple of years. And that's when my curse started. I just had to get a "my" umbrella. One that looks fun, but not funny, and elegant/classy in a certain way. And, preferably, doesn't cost a fortune. And so I went through numerous shops (online and not), until I stumbled upon this one. And I didn't manage to find a better one.

It cost £20 back then, and I still feel it was worth it. It's compact, lovely to look at, and I had no problems whatsoever using it (including windy weather). Highly recommended.

SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
SanDisk SDMX18-008G-E46K Sansa Clip+ MP3 Player - 8 GB, Black
Offered by AOT (UK VAT registered)

5.0 out of 5 stars Small, but has everything you ever need!, 19 Dec. 2011
When I first got a Sansa Clip+ (this is my second one), I was looking for a small MP3 player, that has a screen, CAN'T do video (don't see the point of paying for something that I am not going to use) and looks nice. I got it in store after a shop assistant let me listen to this one and a (I believe) Phillips one. Sansa Clip+ sounded so much better! The guy told me later that this is the player they usually test big speakers with. Anyway, I bought it that day, grown to love and have never regretted my purchase.

Unfortunately, about half a year ago, the volume-down button broke and because I lost my warranty somewhere, I had to switch to another player I owned - last (not latest) generation iPod Shuffle. It made me realise how much I loved my Sansa Clip+! Awful (completely unintuitive) interface - if you have to read a manual in order to use your player, something's seriously wrong. Also, with Sansa Clip+ you don't need to use any third-party (Apple) software (iTunes) to upload songs to your player. And, most importantly (?) it doesn't have a screen! Which is strongly related to the ridiculous interface... So I just had to get a new player and without much thought (although I did look at other players) I got another Sansa Clip+.

So, if you want a player with a reasonable storage space (you can use a MicroSD slot if 8GB isn't enough), nice interface, produces good sound, and is in general nice to look at and listen to, then this is definitely the one.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good looking AND properly working, 31 Oct. 2011
I'll start with saying I do not regret this purchase - not even a tiny bit. They look great (as you can see in the picture) - which was one of my most important requirements. They are also extremely stable/reliable - so far I haven't managed to "change" my weight by stepping on to them again, they always show the same weight (unlike the ones I used to use). They also show it nearly instantaneously.

The only tiny drawback is that it does have a slightly odd turning on system - I don't always manage to turn them one from the first tap. It doesn't require force, you just have to know where to do that...

Anyway, all in all, they do their job great and they look great. 4.7/5 from me.

Brother
Brother
Offered by Todays Great Deal

5.0 out of 5 stars Great purchase!, 7 Sept. 2011
This review is from: Brother (Audio CD)
If you're looking for the "old-boyzone" sounding album - this is not the choice for you. It's an older, wiser and manlier, somewhat rustic Boyzone ;) And I love it! The CD comprises of some good songs and some amazing songs, that grip your heart and make you sing along.

And those who are saying that this is a solo Ronan Keating album with the rest of the guys as a back voice are lying! Sure, some of the songs are like that, but what would you expect? It has always been like that! And also, there's a good number of other songs that feature other member of the band. And I would say that maybe even more that the old Boyzone used to.

So, overall - good purchase I definitely don't regret making!

Bodum Pavina Double Wall Thermo Glasse - Set of 2
Bodum Pavina Double Wall Thermo Glasse - Set of 2

5.0 out of 5 stars My new favourite mug!, 25 May 2011
I have bought these cups several months ago and I'm still more than pleased with them - they look great and they keep my drinks warm. The first time I saw them was while having dinner with a friend in a restaurant and a couple of days later I was already drinking coffee from them at home. Have I told you already that they look outstanding?

The double wall does mislead you quite often - the drink is nearly always much hotter than you think it is (always a nice surprise) and the glass walls are always gently warm.

I have used them in microwave and handwash them, and had no problems so far with micro-cracks or anything like that. So they definitely are not as fragile as some of the comments will make you believe - you just need to be careful, just as you would need to with any kind of glass dish.

The only disadvantage I can think of is the size - I would love them to be a bit bigger, but I preferred the shape of these rather than the bigger ones.

When Ronan Met Burt
When Ronan Met Burt
Offered by best_value_entertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars Great discovery!, 25 May 2011
This review is from: When Ronan Met Burt (Audio CD)
I like Ronan Keating in general, but this CD has shown me a completely different side of him - be cautious if you expect songs that are of the same style the rest of his repertoire.

It is a collection of jazzy, emotional songs that showcase Ronan's voice (I did not think/expect his voice is as good as that!) with excellent music backing it all up. True, a large number of songs in this CD are well known (I did not know all of them, but I might be an exception), but the covers are absolutely brilliant!

The only drawback I could think of is that most of the songs are rather sad, so it will probably not cheer you up, but if you want a nice, soothing evening, then this is definitely the right choice.

To sum up, it's a wonderful CD - beautiful music, nice songs, and brilliant voice. I can't wait to listen to this CD on a proper sound system!

P.S. As for buying it from Amazon - I ordered it on Monday with Super Saver Delivery, and on Wednesday I was already listening to it, so I'm more than satisfied with that!

Page: 1 | 2