Profile for Miss B > Reviews

The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me
The Giraffe and the Pelly and Me
by Roald Dahl

5.0 out of 5 stars Great version of a classic Dahl story, 24 Feb 2013
These large full colour illustrated versions of Dahl's stories are great. My seven year old daughter is really enjoying reading all the Dahl children's stories - shame they are not all available in this large format colour version.

premium quality black and red cleardate slim calendar 2012 one 1 month to view with appointments

5.0 out of 5 stars salmon calendars rule, 11 Mar 2012
Salmon calendars are the best on the market in my opinion. I work with dyslexic adults and organisation is a real issue - these calendars come in various sizes and styles to suit all sorts of needs, the style is clear and simple and well thought out. Sometimes it is difficult to get hold of the style of calendar I need in the shops, especially if I'm looking mid-year. I've found it easy to find a selection of Salmon calendars on amazon and they always arrive promptly.

1 x Pack of 6 Monster/Alien EVA Foam Masks - assorted designs
1 x Pack of 6 Monster/Alien EVA Foam Masks - assorted designs
Offered by Top Online Store

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Alien Masks, 11 Mar 2012
My daughter, age 6, had to go to school dressed as an alien the other day and these masks made the task a doddle. They are not very thick so possibly won't last long, but for the price I think they are super! There are enough masks to give a group of friends one each and I suppose an alien party could be an idea...
It's hard to find reasonably priced alien costume (my daughter refused to have her hair or skin painted green!) but these masks arrived promptly and well packaged and they suited our needs perfectly.

London (See Inside) (Usborne See Inside)
London (See Inside) (Usborne See Inside)
by Rob Lloyd Jones

5.0 out of 5 stars 'See Inside' books are great!, 11 Mar 2012
We have several of these Usborne 'See Inside' books, including ones on Science, Houses Long Ago, Space and How Things Work. These books are excellent in providing kids with lots of information in an easy to digest and fun way. My daughters are 6 and 10 and they both use these books for getting information for school work as well as just for a fun reading experience. I would recommend this series of books to anyone with children (and I have learnt a fair bit from them too!)
The 'See Inside London' book shows a broad sweep of how London has evolved over the years and gives information on important times in the history of London, like the great fire and the plague. There are so many children's books on London but I think this one makes the facts interesting and accessible, especially as you can choose how many flaps to lift and therefore how much info you have to read. There is a good sprinkling of humour in the book too, which is effective in keeping the chldrens' interest long enough for them to learn lots of stuff about history.

Wonderful Wizard of Oz
Wonderful Wizard of Oz
by L. Frank Baum

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful Wizard Sabuda, 26 Jan 2012
This review is from: Wonderful Wizard of Oz (Hardcover)
We now have three of Robert Sabuda's beautiful pop-up books: this one, Alice in Wonderland and Narnia. My daughers (age 6 and 10) absolutely love them and the Wizard of Oz is a particularly wonderful one. I would recommend this book wholeheartedly. The text is detailed and held in little booklets on each page. Each page you turn reveals another fabulous piece of paper wizardry. Adults are just as enthralled by this book as kids as they try to figure out how Sabuda has managed to create such intricate structures with paper that fold away so neatly. This book is beautiful and of very good quality.

GoKi Wooden Push Along Duck
GoKi Wooden Push Along Duck

1.0 out of 5 stars a waste of money, 22 Mar 2010
= Durability:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: GoKi Wooden Push Along Duck (Toy)
This toy did not wheel along - which would seem to be the main purpose of it. It is poorly made, cheap and a waste of money. A friend had something similar which my daughter loved to play with, but she was very disappointed by this present.