Profile for David Hampshire > Reviews

Content by David Hampshire

David Hampshire

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Revelation ED 2x Barlow 2"
Revelation ED 2x Barlow 2"
Offered by Telescope House

4.0 out of 5 stars For my purposes the Barlow is fine. I have rated it as four stars since ..., 5 Jun. 2016
I bought this Barlow for a specific application where I use the Barlow unscrewed from the tube supplied. In this mode the Barlow is approximately x1.5 rather than x2. For my purposes the Barlow is fine. I have rated it as four stars since I have not tested it more comprehensively.

Fantinel Borgo Tesis Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso Wine (Case of 6)
Fantinel Borgo Tesis Refosco dal Peduncolo Rosso Wine (Case of 6)

2.0 out of 5 stars Refosco is quite difficult to obtain in the UK and ..., 10 April 2016
Refosco is quite difficult to obtain in the UK and I thought it worth giving this wine a try. Unfortunately to my own personal taste I have drunk more preferable Refosco from other sources.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 28, 2016 8:02 AM BST

La Palma: Reiseführer mit vielen praktischen Tipps
La Palma: Reiseführer mit vielen praktischen Tipps
by Irene Börjes
Edition: Perfect Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars I am very pleased with this book and with Amazon making me aware ..., 7 Mar. 2016
I am very pleased with this book and with Amazon making me aware of its existance. As far as I know there is no equivalent in English which provides anywhere near as much detail which is a pity. The book was the main text used in my recent visit to the island.

Croydex Flexi-Fix Canterbury Towel Ring
Croydex Flexi-Fix Canterbury Towel Ring
Offered by NOVELTY STORE

4.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, 29 Sept. 2015
I bought three in total to replace existing towel rings which had started to break after more than 25 years of use. They are of good quality construction and as described are sufficiently versatile to use existing screw holes in the wall. The base is also larger than that for the previous fittings so no visible marks are observable on the wall after replacement.

Manfrotto 338 Leveling Base
Manfrotto 338 Leveling Base

4.0 out of 5 stars Well made and easy to use, 29 Sept. 2015
The levelling base was primarily bought for use with a panoramic head where I found levelling to be most important and quite difficult without the use of this base.

Observing the Sun: A Pocket Field Guide (Astronomer's Pocket Field Guide)
Observing the Sun: A Pocket Field Guide (Astronomer's Pocket Field Guide)
by Jamey L. Jenkins

3.0 out of 5 stars An informative book with some reservations, 29 Sept. 2015
This is my second book on the sun. I also have Banisch's book, "Die Sonne", bought through Amazon UK, which is in German and I think is extremely good and informative and is intended to be an introduction for "hobby" astronomers like me. Content wise Jenkins is generally fine and to some extent complements Banisch so I have no regrets buying it. However, Banisch's book has a larger page size, uses a larger font, better quality paper, generally is better illustrated and cheaper. I gave Banisch four stars in my review and given my comments above I think three stars for this book is appropriate.

Altair Lightwave 3mm LER 1.25" Planetary Eyepiece
Altair Lightwave 3mm LER 1.25" Planetary Eyepiece
Offered by Altair Astro Limited

4.0 out of 5 stars The eyepiece is essentially fine and good value for money, 21 Aug. 2015
The eyepiece is essentially fine and good value for money. I have tested it out both terrestrially and on the moon. The eyepiece is sharp but the contrast could be better so hence four stars rather than five. I already knew this from reviews of this design of eyepiece from other manufacturers i.e. Williams Optics if my memory serves me right. For planetary use I would expect the contrast issue to largely be addressed with the use of appropriate filters but I have not tried this out to date.

43-37mm Step Ring Adapter for Camera Lenses and Filters
43-37mm Step Ring Adapter for Camera Lenses and Filters
Offered by Jack the Hat Photographic

4.0 out of 5 stars The item is fine. An advantage of this step down ring is ..., 18 July 2015
The item is fine. An advantage of this step down ring is that the 37mm female thread goes through the entire ring so it can be used to connect two 37mm male threads together and in fact that is why I bought this step ring.

XCSOURCE® Metal Sliding Quick Release Plate for 501PL Manfrotto 501HDV 503HDV 701HDV LF390

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 2 Mar. 2015
The plate is fine for my purposes. The provided screws were a little short but I had suitable spares.

THG Designer Style Anti-fatigue Folding Foldable Pocket Reading Glasses Spectacles Clear Vision Magnifier +2.00 Outdoor Travel Elastic Belt Case
Offered by THG LIMITED

3.0 out of 5 stars ... out of the frame and therefore it would be good for the manufacturer to do something about this, 7 Nov. 2014
The main problem is that the lenses have a tendency to fall out of the frame and therefore it would be good for the manufacturer to do something about this.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3