Profile for Rob > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6
BISSELL Supreme Sweep Compact Rechargeable Floor Sweeper - Silver/Blue
BISSELL Supreme Sweep Compact Rechargeable Floor Sweeper - Silver/Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars A lightweight little gem., 17 July 2016
I use a 2000 watt upright vacuum cleaner daily which keeps my carpets lovely & clean, but there are times when you find bits have been dropped onto or walked in on the carpets even after vacuuming. So I looked to find something to use between normal vacuuming and this little cleaner had lots of very good reviews so it looked just what I wanted. Being a product from a well established old manufacturer I had dealings with in the past, I had no hesitation in buying one & fully expected it to do what I wanted it for which was to pick up the little bits which did not need the big cleaner. So did it work? YES brilliantly! It picked up everything first time and very efficiently. A few minutes was all it took & the carpet was spotless. So although it did not need emptying, I thought I might as well do it just to see how it was done. SHOCK! When I emptied the cleaner, I found not only a few little bits & pieces as I expected, but quite a fair amount of dirt, fluff and other detritus This is after using a 2000 watt electric upright vacuum every day. Where the heck had it all come from when the carpet looked clean already/ Dont ask me, but this lovely little cleaner managed to get it out of the carpet pile somehow & clearly better than the "real" vacuum had done. So would I recommend this to anyone? Yes I would. Its lightweight, very well made and works a treat. You would not think it would be up to much to look at it, but its a little gem. Charged for 16 hours as per the instructions for first use and since used it every day for the last 7 days & still going strong. Not found ou how long the batteries last per charge as yet but its still going as well as when I first unplugged the charger. Very good value for money.

Kenwood Protalk TK-3401D PMR446 Two Way Digital Single Radio - Black
Kenwood Protalk TK-3401D PMR446 Two Way Digital Single Radio - Black
Offered by DST (UK) LTD Established 1999

5.0 out of 5 stars First class 2 way, licence free radio, 3 July 2016
Really solid in construction to take all the everyday knocks you can throw at it. Superb quality audio on digital mode. Crisp, clear & very loud. Well worth the extra money over the cheaper consumer versions. made for professional use they have great range which work with crystal clear audio right to the very edge of the reception range.. Compatible with the old analogue PMR446 too which is useful when I want to keep in touch with friends who have the older/cheaper technology. Fast charge. Used by shop security, pub bouncers etc so built to last & be 100% reliable. Licence free. The extra 16 digital channels are especially useful in built up areas such as large towns etc where the older 8 analogue channels can get clogged up with many users. Some will be security & business doing it on the cheap but also many kids who use them to chat to friends etc. A simple press of the mode button changes to digital and takes you to 16 frequencies above & away from all the noise thereby increasing their useful range. Also if privacy is something you want, then although no radio can be truly secure, there is much less chance of your transmissions being overheard when using dPMR digital mode. Ideal for situations where reliable communications are essential.

5LTR - JOHNSTONES TRADE ACRYLIC EGGSHELL MAGNOLIA
5LTR - JOHNSTONES TRADE ACRYLIC EGGSHELL MAGNOLIA
Offered by Decor8

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent., 27 Feb. 2016
Top quality paint at a good price with VERY fast delivery. Within 2 days of ordering, the room was painted. Arrives securely packaged. Paint dries quickly with no smell. Great colour density so one coat was enough for my needs.

Acctim 74057SL Stratus Radio Controlled LCD Wall Clock, Silver
Acctim 74057SL Stratus Radio Controlled LCD Wall Clock, Silver

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but has its faults., 25 Dec. 2015
Very solidly built, well made and alarm is plenty loud enough. The backlit display is fantastic. How it can run for 8 hours a night for up to 10 months on just 3 AA batteries is amazing. However, the viewing angle of the display screen is very poor and the contrast of the numbers and letters is nowhere near as clear as the photograph suggests. To be honest, if it were not so cheap & would cost me more to send back than its worth, I would send it back to Amazon because my wife cannot read the display. I can read it but only if you get the clock at the right angle. Might box it up & give it to someone as a birthday present or something. Very accurate clock let down by poor display.
UPDATE. I noticed that the display was very washed out when this clock was placed on a bedside cabinet using its inbuilt stand but when viewed from below, i.e. if the clock was held in the air & viewed from below, then the display was fine. So I purchased a pack of 3M Commander picture mounting strips which are strong enough to mount this clock on a wall etc but can be removed without causing any damage or having to drill any holes. I mounted the Actim clock on the door to my fitted walk in wardrobe at a height that the display was clearly visible & am now very pleased with my purchase. Buyers should note that I still think the clock needs to be carefully sited to enable clear vision of the display & the viewing angles are poor, but if you choose the correct place to fit this clock, they are superb.

Ability Superstore 2 Feeding Cup with 8 mm Spout Hole
Ability Superstore 2 Feeding Cup with 8 mm Spout Hole

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good feeder., 25 Dec. 2015
Excellent feeding cup has a securely fixing lid so never spills. The spout is nice and wide to allow not only a good flow of liquid, but it is far easier to clean than some we have used before. Nice clear plastic with useful graduated measuring scale on the side. Excellent buy.

K-Swiss  Si-18 Rannell 2 Buffalo//Emrld Glz/Wht M , Mens Trainers, Brown (Buffalo/Emerald Glaze/ 206), 8 UK
K-Swiss Si-18 Rannell 2 Buffalo//Emrld Glz/Wht M , Mens Trainers, Brown (Buffalo/Emerald Glaze/ 206), 8 UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Comfy!, 15 Dec. 2015
Very well made and comfortable to wear.

TP-LINK Archer D20 AC750 Wireless Dual Band ADSL2+ Modem Router for Phone Line Connections
Offered by Kryonet Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Far better than the router supplied by my provider., 15 Dec. 2015
This router looks neat & tidy and it has doubled the speed of my internet. My old router was a wireless G model so I expected an improvement but I have gone from a download speed of 8 meg up to 15 meg. Partly due to the newer WiFi system I guess but a lot to do with an increase of stability and line speed as the ADSL part has a much better throuput than my old router. Much faster & more stable too. I asked a question before buying which was does this have removable antennas & was told yes, but in fact, this model has fixed antennas. I anticipated having to fit higher gain antennas which is why I asked the question, but in fact this router gives a far greater range coverage than my old router so in the end, a change of antennas is not needed. very pleased with this purchase.

ESYNiC USB 3.0 to HD 1080P UGA HDMI Video Cable Adapter Converter External Video Card for PC Laptop - Plug and Play & Desktop Extend and Desktop Mirror & PC TO HDTV

5.0 out of 5 stars Solved a problem for me. Great bit of kit., 4 Dec. 2015
I use my computer as a home media centre. It drives a video projector via aVGA port on the computer. But them my computers motherboard developed a fault so I had to buy another computer but when I got it home I realised it did not have a VGA output or a HDMI output. Disaster!
Then I saw this little gadget which looked like it might solve my problems. I was a little skeptical because of its fairly low price but decided to give it a go.Plugged it into a USB3 port but could not get it to work. I now know this was a problem with Windows 10 in that it won't accept non Microsoft approved drivers. Si I tried it in one of the USB 2 ports and right away, Windows found a driver which was pre installed on the device itself. It installed without a problem so I plugged the video projector into the device & fingers crossed, switched on. result? PERFECT! A great picture & sound, problem solved! Since found out there is a trick you can use to get windows 10 to accept drivers it does not recognise so may try that next so I can use a USB 3 port but to be honest, this device works perfectly via a USB2 port as well. Excellent value for money & it works a treat.

An Audience With Jasper Carrott - The Complete Series [DVD] [1978]
An Audience With Jasper Carrott - The Complete Series [DVD] [1978]
Dvd ~ Jasper Carrott

5.0 out of 5 stars Classic carrott, 1 Dec. 2015
All his best work, Bastity Chelt, the Hari Krishna song, the BBC medical sketch. Classic Carrott at his best

Minder - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Minder - The Complete Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ George Cole
Offered by NextDayEntertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars the original & best. George Cole As Arthur & Dennis Waterman as ..., 1 Dec. 2015
Minder, the original & best. George Cole As Arthur & Dennis Waterman as his long suffering minder. Classic Cockney wide boy duo.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6