Profile for Gordon White > Reviews

Content by Gordon White

Gordon White "gwhite1506" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
Wallflower
Wallflower

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it, it might not be jazz but it is one I will enjoy for along time to come, 7 Feb. 2015
This review is from: Wallflower (Audio CD)
Well done, love it (also love all her other albums). This is everything she said it would be, an album she wanted to make which was not her as a jazz singer. Go to the YouTube interview, it gives you an insight to the reasoning. In the end what is wrong with strings and beautiful arrangements? Nothing at all.

Senses
Senses

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, the soulfulness of it is beyond words, 28 Sept. 2014
This review is from: Senses (Audio CD)
Another brilliant album from the master. There is just so much in it, the depth it beyond words. How does Omar do it? Each CD os so unique and his music covers such a wide spectrum. Sorry not good with words but do get this fantastic album. Thanlks Omar for such amazing music.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 7 July 2014
Great product, easy to use and produces crisp outlines

WD My Book Live Duo Personal Cloud Storage 6TB NAS Drive with RAID Mirroring
WD My Book Live Duo Personal Cloud Storage 6TB NAS Drive with RAID Mirroring

1.0 out of 5 stars A VERY costly mistake, 7 July 2014
I have run this for almost two years and it seemed OK, I was comfortable that ALL my photos, video, music etc was safe as it was in RAID 1, WRONG. A few weeks ago it threw up a fault message that WD didn't know about so I was recommended to leave it running. A couple of days later it lost its connection. All basic trouble shooting tried using two PCs etc. No good so WD said they would replace it but I had to recover the data. £225 later I get the drive back and only partially recovered. Apparently all data is stored using LINUX so I could not just remove a drive and connect to my PC directly. It looked like I had lost not only ALL my photos, videos and music but "225 as well. Just before I was a bout to return it to WD I thought I would try it one more time. Goodness me was I surprised, the drives we there and the data available. I have now transferred it all to two other HDDs. The use of LINUX rather than Windows is obviously a cost issue for WD and the customer but I wish I had appreciated the shortcomings of this and other WD RAID drives when the controller board in the case fails rather than the drives themselves. Lesson leaned but will not go near WD again

GO TRAVEL - Combination Link-Lock -supplied in assorted colours- Go 891
GO TRAVEL - Combination Link-Lock -supplied in assorted colours- Go 891
Offered by GADGETS4TRAVEL

5.0 out of 5 stars What a great little item, 12 Feb. 2014
It is a small lock but very adaptable with the security wire. Clearly will not stop the determined thief but great for luggage whilst at the airport, station etc. Small enough to not cause a problem keeping it with your bags. Highly recommend. Will buy a couple more, to keep in cars etc. Great for my photo-bag.

Manfrotto Professional 70 Roller Camera Bag
Manfrotto Professional 70 Roller Camera Bag

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera case, right on the cabin allowance limits so maximum space avaialble, 17 Jan. 2014
I was unsure when ordering this because the dimensions stated were a big vague but that has been corrected by Amazon and the case is terrific. Total weight with two bodies six lenses, flash, vertical grip, etc etc is 15kgs so meets the cabin weight allowance. Very sturdy, I will use this to travel and then decant what I need on a trip/visit to a day bag. This bag is two inches deeper than the Lowpro equivalent and means that all the lenses can stand vertically, even my Sony 70-400G lens.
Well done Manfrotto.
ps Are you are wondering what the little grey pouch with the four tubes in it, as shown on the Manfrotto site, is? Well is is just a cloth pouch for loose items and the tubes are for illustration only and do not come with the case.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 21, 2015 5:41 PM BST

Gaggia RI8525/08 Carezza Manual Espresso
Gaggia RI8525/08 Carezza Manual Espresso

5.0 out of 5 stars The best Gaggia yet, 14 Oct. 2013
This is my third Gaggia, Baby finally gave out, the Baby Dosa was problematic, this unit is brilliant. It makes the best espresso and the lattes are to die for. The drip tray surround had some rub marks form the box but Philips/Gaggia are sending me a replacement part without a quibble. First couple of days the water tank didn't want to seat properly and I had to push it home before brewing but now it is perfect. Worth every penny, trust me, I'm an engineer! Well done Gaggia.

If You Wait
If You Wait

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing album, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: If You Wait (Audio CD)
What an album, lyrically and musically. I am in awe of her voice. You will not be disappointed if you buy this CD, trust me!

Skydiver Paratroopers, 8 supplied
Skydiver Paratroopers, 8 supplied

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, 2 Sept. 2013
I use them for parachute drops from RC model aircraft, great fun, adding a camera to have video of descent. Brings out the child in me.

3mm Button Head Bolts / Screws M3 x 6mm A2 Stainless Steel Socket Allen Key Dome Head Bolt (20 Pack) Free UK Delivery
Offered by Falcon Workshop Supplies Ltd

1.0 out of 5 stars The shipping is NOT free, 2 Sept. 2013
I have highlighted it twice to Amazon but nobody changes the header The product is great I just which it was advertised correctly and not misleading. I would still buy it but just be honest, pleqase
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 3, 2015 9:33 PM GMT