Profile for Gordon White > Reviews

Content by Gordon White

Gordon White "gwhite1506" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4
StarTech.com 6ft 4-in-1 USB DVI KVM Cable with Audio and Microphone
StarTech.com 6ft 4-in-1 USB DVI KVM Cable with Audio and Microphone

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item to accompany the KVM switch, 2 Aug 2013
I bought this to accompany my Star-Tech KVM switch, another great bit of kit. All the cables you need in one loom, brilliant. I could have done with one half the length in present configuration but this does future-proof me. Well done Star-Tech you are a top class company with brilliant tech support to advise you when considering their products.

StarTech.com 2 Port DVI USB KVM Switch with Audio and USB 2.0 Hub
StarTech.com 2 Port DVI USB KVM Switch with Audio and USB 2.0 Hub

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product, exceeds my expectations, 11 July 2013
This switch is brilliant. I'm using two PC's, both running W7, with loads of externals, HDs, scanners etc and DVI monitor. Bought the dedicated Stardata looms with DVI, audio mic/speaker and USB A/B leads. Just plug 'n' play, switching could not be easier. The USB allows for mouse and keyboard to use two of the outlets, I went for dedicated wireless keyboard and mouse for each PC, thus freeing up the two USB ports for other items, works great. Can't use wireless through the KVM due need to synch items to selected PC. Stardata Customer Service is the best I have experienced, good sound technical people. product is well manufactured and just feels right and professional.
Highly recommend and would look to Stardata when looking for switching devices etc. I anguished over which KVM to buy as I had no experience with the concept, many other products had mixed reviews, I have no regrets at all with Stardata product, 'trust me, I'm an engineer'

USA, Canada, Mexico Road Atlas 2013 (Michelin Tourist & Motoring Atlases) (Michelin North America Road Atlas)
by Michelin Travel & Lifestyle
Edition: Spiral-bound

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 29 May 2013
Use it for trips and recording journeys made on those trips, the 2004 version now archived as it finally fell apart

Sony MDRNC100DB.CE7 In-ear Digital Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black
Sony MDRNC100DB.CE7 In-ear Digital Noise Cancelling Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars The best, 29 May 2013
Great product, great price, use it on numerous long haul flights, keeps all the noise out even with no music playing

Draper 69009 75 mm x 500 m Black/Yellow Barrier Tape
Draper 69009 75 mm x 500 m Black/Yellow Barrier Tape

1.0 out of 5 stars 'It Ain't Yellow, 29 May 2013
The product is nothing like the image, the yellow is a translucent beige, returned it, not fit for purpose, now trying the red/white tape

TomTom GO LIVE 1005 5" Sat Nav with World Maps (66 Countries) (discontinued by manufacturer)

2.0 out of 5 stars Free Lifetime maps is NOT what it seems, 1 Mar 2013
If you buy a Go Live 1005 WORLD version you only get free lifetime Europe mapos updates, you only see this when you go to the registration for the validation code after you have bought the unit. It does not even appear in TomTom's T&Cs for the offer, Amazon needs to highlight this. It's a TomTom issue and not of amazon's making.

AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for 5-Inch / 12.7 cm Sat Navs
AmazonBasics Hard Black Carrying Case for 5-Inch / 12.7 cm Sat Navs

1.0 out of 5 stars Too small for Go Live 1005 kit, 1 Mar 2013
Very disappointed with the whole amazon experience. First Yodel state they have delivered it through my 'mailbox', really! Unless they were going to cut a hole through the door, anyhow, no parcel aywhere, so I contact Amazon and they send a replacement, two days later the site says that Yodel have delivered it through my 'Mailbox', damned liars and I told them so. I came home and found it on my doorstep in full view of the street, sp what happened to the original one? and to top it all, I found the case was too small to take the SatNav, lead and screen mount, tried to retuyrn it but told I would have to pay the postage, yet they sold it tpo me as suitable. Word of warning, amazon sent a £250 shipment and it didn't require signing for. Crap company, guess they can afford it as they don't pay tax in the UK.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 15, 2014 1:17 PM GMT

Fool in a Bubble
Fool in a Bubble

5.0 out of 5 stars A little know star, 24 Dec 2012
This review is from: Fool in a Bubble (Audio CD)
awesome music, I have only just found Syd's music, via the John Matyn Tribute CD, and I bitterly regret not being aware of his talent. His other CD, Bafo Bafo, has some terrific tracks on it. There are two other CDs available only on iTunes and they are equally brilliant.

Moods Of Marvin Gaye
Moods Of Marvin Gaye

5.0 out of 5 stars Marvin Gaye at his best, 24 Dec 2012
Just as I remember it in '66 when I bought it, in Mono as I recall. It is as fresh and wonederful as ever. Why can I remember every word of every song, music of a magical era with true talent. Buy it, you will not regret it. I'll Dogone is stunning, as is every other track.

Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Spektrum DX8
Savvies Crystal-Clear screen protector for Spektrum DX8
Offered by protectionfilms24-com

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant product and a bargain, well done Savvies, 27 Dec 2011
Brilliant product, Spektrum have yet to release their version and when they do it will be 3x more expensive. Application is simple and no bubbles. I highly recommend this screen saver, get one and protect your investment in the DX8i

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4