Profile for Nancy Huang > Reviews

Content by Nancy Huang

Nancy Huang

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Witch & Wizard: The Lost: (Witch & Wizard 5)
Witch & Wizard: The Lost: (Witch & Wizard 5)

5.0 out of 5 stars Literally the best book in the Witch and Wizard series!!!, 21 Dec. 2014
Wow, this is literally the best book in the series!

I bought the Kindle edition on day 1 when it came out, and sank into the story immediately. I was so caught up that I finished it in 4 days. Having read the previous 4 books, I thought the storyline is amazing. But because The Lost is the last book, James Patterson has totally made it a whole lot better! The Lost has a fantastic and satisfactory ending. The climax starts with Whit and Wisty being dragged to the middle of the City's vast courtyard before Darrius by the Horsemen, and the following events build up, each one more intense and exciting than the previous one. Darrius revealing his true form as Pearce, Whit and Wisty's battle against Pearce, the Lost Ones feasting on the Horsemen, the discovery that Pearce shared his soul with a Lost One (who is his father The One) and that he is a wizard half alive and half undead, the return of The One's monstrous spirit, the epic battle between good and evil (where Byron, Janine, and the Allgood family unite against Pearce and The One), Byron's sacrifice when he leaped into the pit that leads to Shadowland in order to save Wisty and the City...I loved every bit of it! The epilogue where Whit and Wisty made their glorious, hopeful speech was very emotional & almost made me tear up.

I love all the characters. Whit is a mature, brave wizard with a kind, loving heart. He will do anything to protect and save his friends and family. In order to do whatever he can to help, he chose to be Excised for the good of the City, but I'm glad that he got his magic back later. He has the great ability to heal. He always thinks before he acts, he is strong and clever, but most of all he is loyal. Wisty is a loving, fun, powerful witch with the incredible gift of fire. I admire her powers--how her whole body flickers & erupts into flames. Although she's not very good at controlling her temper & her fire within, she is caring, enjoyable, and loyal to those she cares about. The siblings always had each other's backs, no matter what. They successfully dealt with all problems they faced, they saved the City thrice, and are heros all the way to the end.

Byron Swain changed a lot throughout the series, from an annoying, proud, and mean jerk to a helpful, loyal, brave, and compassionate person in the end. I thought he was a hero when he gave up his life to save the City from The One's wrath. The weasel will be remembered always.

Janine is thoughtful, pretty, gentle, kind & has all the qualities a good person has. She is fantastic at speaking out in public. She is an optimist who never gives up. She encourages Whit by showing him the bright side of life every day. In this book, we learn that she has an unbelievable amount of medical knowledge as well. I really like how James Patterson portrayed Whit's relationship with Janine and Celia.

Pearce is one of my favourite character. He is the only villain who I actually liked. I was completely obsessed with Pearce ever since he shockingly kissed Wisty in The Fire. I love how he's powerful, wicked, proud, arrogant, and yet devilishly attractive at the same time. I'm so glad that he returned in The Lost! I admire how powerful he is. He transformed to first Heath, then Darrius, and that was amazing. The part where he broke all 206 bones in the clerk's body when the Family stole at Robert and Son's was quite creative. It's also impressive that he can silence everyone's vocal cords just with a slicing motion of his arm. His relationship with Wisty is very interesting and complex. His feelings for Wisty is what makes him different from The One. It shows that, despite all the terrible things he's done (like melting away children's faces & turning people into ash & kissing Wisty suddenly & unexpectedly), there is still some goodness in him. He refused to be controlled by his father, told Wisty how to close the Portal, willingly returned to Shadowland, and left the City in peace. I believe that he chose and did the right thing. I like the way James Patterson described his appearance , speech, and action. I kind of felt sorry that he's gone in the end. I admit that I sympathize with Pearce the most.

Overall, the Lost has a fantastic storyline & it's so sad that it's the last novel in the Witch and Wizard series. I really enjoyed reading it. I will definitely return to these books again at some point later on. James Patterson's The Lost is a wonderful read. I will recommend it to anyone! It's suitable for not only teens but adults will like it as well!

Comvita Manuka Honey UMF+15
Comvita Manuka Honey UMF+15
Offered by Best4Deals

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 20 Dec. 2014
Very good! ordered twice already, will do it again😊

PME Christmas Reindeer Sugarcraft Cutters 25mm/40mm
PME Christmas Reindeer Sugarcraft Cutters 25mm/40mm
Offered by P A Sugarcraft

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars, 20 Dec. 2014
A bit too small, it doesn't meet my expectation.

Instant Pot Lux60 6-in-1 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker with Stainless Steel Cooking Pot and Exterior, 6 Litre, 1000 W

5.0 out of 5 stars Good and easy to use!, 28 Aug. 2014
Good quality , very easy to use and it works effectively. Highly recommand.

No Title Available

4.0 out of 5 stars Neat, pleasant and good value, 28 Aug. 2014
Neat, pleasant and good value, love it. The only down side is that it a bit easily leaves stains when it gets spill on it. Overall, quite pleased with it.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing, 17 May 2014
I found this game when I was browsing the store, and at first I thought it was a bit costly but the gain 2000 coin bargain sealed the deal. Now I can tell you the game is worth every penny- and the bargain is amazing.
The main problems are that the game takes up a whopping 2.5 GB space on your device- which is why I'm afraid to buy the other 2 GTA apps. But, I don't really mind, as the graphics are fantastic and I'm really impressed by the whole map of San Andreas.
The only problems are that currently it seems the only way to gain money is to kill civilians- and that attracts police. I've already been wasted 3 times, but I keep coming back to it!
AMAZING GAME!!!

Note: Not appropriate for under 13s!!

Clash of Clans Walkthrough
Clash of Clans Walkthrough

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 15 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Clash of Clans Walkthrough (App)
Good guide, it helps to get around the basics. Perfect for beginners, but... the game isn't on the kindle. However, I have found a way to get it! Either sideload it using a Android market, or simply search: clash of clans for kindle fire on Google.

BlockLauncher
BlockLauncher

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic- 100% working- Has never failed., 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: BlockLauncher (App)
Amazing- beyond my highest expectations. Once I downloaded this, my Minecraft PE was changed forever. I have skins, mods, scripts and everything that makes Minecraft fun. Download this- You Won't be disappointed.

Little Empire
Little Empire

4.0 out of 5 stars love it, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Little Empire (App)
Good, well-balanced game. Revolves around the basic strategy templates, Graphics are amazing and 3d is well perfected. Perfect for older children.

Grabatron HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)
Grabatron HD (Kindle Tablet Edition)

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 8 Feb. 2014
A well-made, good-looking game that offers hours on end of chaos and mayhem controlling the perfect device of destruction: A alien spaceship.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3