Profile for Misty > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
Appetite for Corruption: A Rockline Novel
Appetite for Corruption: A Rockline Novel

4.0 out of 5 stars This Book Rocks !!, 17 April 2015
As a Geordie rock chick I loved the connection to the Newcastle rock scene.

At times it was like reading a friends diary, it took me back to when town was full of live music venues and the crowds were dressed in denim, fringed waistcoats and there was a permanent cloud of Patchouli in the air.

The rock angle admittedly had me hooked from the start, as the story unfolded I couldn't put it down.
Rock bands, fans, concerts and aliens draining life force for some reason it just goes so well together.
Look forward to reading the next one in the Rockline series.

I was lucky enough to receive this book in exchange for an honest review.

Forsaken: Book One of the Shadow Cove Saga
Forsaken: Book One of the Shadow Cove Saga

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark, Fast Paced and Creepy., 17 April 2015
Brilliant gave me goose bumps but at the same time kept me intrigued. I couldn't wait to turn the page to find out more.

The family wake up after a horrific thunder storm, to a lawn of blackened dead grass, brittle trees and piles of rotten smelling earth dotted about.
Strangely it's only their garden that is affected.

This is the same morning; Author Thad is heading off to New York to hand over his latest manuscript, Rise of the Witch.
Leaving his wife Rachael and daughter, Ashley to cope with the strange happenings after the storm.

The book is fast paced and very well written. Blending together chapters of the manuscript, Thad's trip to New York and the happenings at the house. As the story unfolds it has some great twists adding a spooky but very realistic edge to the whole story.

I was lucky enough to receive this book in exchange for an honest review.

Missing Gretyl: You Only Love Twice (comedy drama)
Missing Gretyl: You Only Love Twice (comedy drama)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Fun !, 10 April 2015
Lots of little chapters made it ideal to read travelling to/from work, much to the amusement of other commuters watching me giggle away to myself.

I Loved Gretyl's Character, I'm sure I've passed her haggling with stall holders at our local car boots.

I could see this book being made into a film/tv show very easily, it has a good old fashioned humour about it similar to Faulty Towers.

Received this book in exchange for honest review.

The Hazards of Skinny Dipping
The Hazards of Skinny Dipping

4.0 out of 5 stars A college campus romance with a refreshing sense of humour, 21 Mar. 2015
I was giggling all the way through reading this one.More realistic than most romance books I've read.

Crimson Sin (Rebel Heart Book 1)
Crimson Sin (Rebel Heart Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars Crimson Sin is a paranormal delight, 16 Mar. 2015
I'm a huge fan of the Alexa series,So I was looking forward to reading this one.

Trina's books always manage to pull me into the story.I could imagine myself in the crowd watching the battle of the bands.Packed full of Great characters,I think I'd feel quite at home amongst the Werewolves, Vampires and Nephilim.

The attraction between the two rival band members,Spike and Rowen is adorable and there's some brilliant twists with Arrow,I hadn't expected.

I've got a real soft spot for Cinder,hope there's more to come from his character. I can't wait to see where this series leads.

What Might Have Been
What Might Have Been
by Matt Dunn

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Comedy with added Sax Appeal :), 12 Mar. 2015
This review is from: What Might Have Been (Paperback)
I felt like this book was written just for me, there's something about the sound of a Saxophone; it has a magic about it that makes me melt.

The atmosphere of the Jazz club was described so well I could almost hear Evan playing.
After a passionate night together, we follow the romantic chase between Evan and Sarah.
The story is packed full of great characters, brilliant humour and some unexpected twists to keep you guessing.

Loved it !

The Mermaid's Sister
The Mermaid's Sister

4.0 out of 5 stars enchanting, 18 Feb. 2015
An Enchanting story, easy reading but with plenty unexpected twists as the story unfolds. Some lovely realistic emotions between all the characters. Look forward to reading more from this author.

Escape for Christmas: A Novella (The Escape Series Book 2)
Escape for Christmas: A Novella (The Escape Series Book 2)

5.0 out of 5 stars A Christmas Delight, 7 Nov. 2014
I received a free copy of this book for an honest review.

This is just what you need on a cold frosty day, curl up with this Christmas delight. The warmth of the characters will soon draw you in so make sure you have all those jobs done before you settle down to read it. You won't want to put it down.

It was great to catch up with the gang from Escape for the Summer again.
It wont spoil the story if you haven't read the first one,But I can highly recommend it.

Dead Romantic
Dead Romantic

5.0 out of 5 stars I Loved it !!, 21 Oct. 2014
This review is from: Dead Romantic (Kindle Edition)
I Loved It!!

I was lucky enough to receive a copy of this book for exchange of an honest review.

It had me hooked practically from the first page.Packed full of great characters,there's a lovely warmth to this book.

Ruth's writing seams to magically bring you into the book,I could almost hear the song "Christmas kiss" playing in the background,while I was reading it.I even caught myself checking around for ghostly visitors.

The Wedding Countdown
The Wedding Countdown

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved it !!, 7 Jun. 2014
I was hooked from the first chapter,a fascinating peek into how relationships work in a different culture.
I was so eager to find out what happened next almost missed my stop on the train...one of those books you can't put down but you really don't want it to end.

Page: 1 | 2