Profile for ruskidog > Reviews

Content by ruskidog

ruskidog

Veho VMS-004 Discovery Deluxe USB Microscope with x400 Magnification & Flexi Alloy Stand
Price: 40.32

1.0 out of 5 stars I wouldn't recommend that anyone buys this product, 20 July 2014
Cannot use this with any of our macs or any of our pcs. Have sent several emails asking for support from Veho who simply respond by saying that it works for them. They may as well add 'tough'. They didn't answer our support request in the end and then did not respond to our subsequent email. I wouldn't recommend that anyone buys this product. We are not I.T. numpties either. This was bought for use by our development test department for checking small pitch components on dev boards. We have a shed load of firmware software engineers in house.... No one can figure out how to get it to work. As Veho have stopped answering my requests for support we are just stuck with an expensive item that will not work with any kind of computer on any kind of platform.

Why School?: How Education Must Change When Learning and Information Are Everywhere (Kindle Single)
Price: 1.27

5.0 out of 5 stars on message totally, 9 April 2014
This (online kindle) book is a direct, totally relevant, Internet-era view from educator and parent view of the crossroads public education is at. Will states the options open to us. However the choice between training the creativity out of children to prepare them for lives as foot soldiers of a system convenient to the privileged few and facilitating the flourishing of each individuals talents and creativity is not a new choice and it is no more relevant in the age of the Internet than it has been since public education was invented. Will clearly shows that the Internet era however provides so much opportunity for educating independent of the control of teachers in the system that we could all just get on with it. He astutely draws our attention to the competitive nature of our current mainstream system and the way that competitiveness keeps people hooked in, afraid to miss out. Gripping stuff, well written so you don't want to put it down.

Rotastak Small Animal Housing Maxi Tunnel of Fun
Rotastak Small Animal Housing Maxi Tunnel of Fun
Price: 24.49

3.0 out of 5 stars it OK, 8 July 2013
I bought this for my 2 robberovski hamsters!
The instructions where simple and it was easy to put together.
My hamsters found it hard to get up the tube and they only just managed to put to get up the first bit
and couldnt even get to the next level.
The BIG problem is when you move the cage the tube comes off so if you are going to get this cage
make sure you tape the tubes together very well so it dosn't come out.
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George and the Big Bang (George's Secret Key to the Universe)
George and the Big Bang (George's Secret Key to the Universe)
by Lucy Hawking
Price: 5.24

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 8 July 2013
great book love it,
lots of facts about the universe,
amazing colour real pictures of the universe!!!
I have read the first 2 and in the middle of this one.
I strongly recomend all the books!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
a real page turner!!!