Profile for lucy > Reviews

Paul Thurlby's Alphabet
Paul Thurlby's Alphabet
by Paul Thurlby

5.0 out of 5 stars Love, love, LOVE this book., 15 Oct. 2013
We bought this for our son, who is getting really interested in letters and it's fantastic. The images have a cool vintage feel to them, and the book doesn't have that patronising "children's book" feeling that most alphabet books have. It is stylish and grown up feeling, with interesting and different words and pictures chosen to depict each letter. Instead of the stereotypical apple for a, ball for b, cat for c, it has A is for Awesome, B is for Bounce and C is for Catch.
All the adults who have seen this book seem as enchanted by it as the children.

Little Miss Bronte: Wuthering Heights: A Babylit Weather Primer
Little Miss Bronte: Wuthering Heights: A Babylit Weather Primer
by Jennifer Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Fab book, 15 Oct. 2013
I bought this book for my baby daughter as the original story is my all time favourite. This board book is great for introducing some of the themes and characters from the original. Each page shows Wuthering Heights experiencing a different sort of weather. The images are really bright and interesting. And each page has a quote from the original text too.
Love it!

Pantone: Colors
Pantone: Colors
by Pantone LLC

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for children AND parents, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: Pantone: Colors (Board book)
The design of this book is amazing. So stylish and "mature" that it would be great as a coffee table book. The descriptions for each color are really fun and we like to pick our favourites and make up new descriptions for some shades.
It's a simple concept but a BEAUTIFUL book. We can't recommend it enough.

My Mom Snaps
My Mom Snaps
by Kari McGrath

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVE, 15 Oct. 2013
This review is from: My Mom Snaps (Paperback)
This is the perfect book for any child with a snap happy mama. My children definitely fall into this category and they think this book is really funny. The text is lovely with repetitive sections that my two year old loves joining in with. The pictures are stunning; bright, detailed and really stimulating.

Emma Bridgewater Polka Dot Melamine Dolls Tea Set
Emma Bridgewater Polka Dot Melamine Dolls Tea Set

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for little fingers, 15 Oct. 2013
We bought this for our daughters first birthday. She and her big brother have been playing with it together daily ever since. It's a lovely size and the fact it's a set of four means that everyone gets to join in. The fact it's melamine is great as I don't have to worry about it getting broken. And it's such a lovely classic design.

Manhattan Toy Classic Baby Beads
Manhattan Toy Classic Baby Beads

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic baby toy, 11 Jan. 2013
My three (nearly four) month old had these for Christmas and they are a great toy. They make a satisfying rattle noise, and really bright and stimulating to look at, while also being really classic looking. I'm a big fan of traditional wooden toys and these don't disappoint at all.
She loves looking at them, holding them and chewing them. They are really well made and I'll definitely be buying these as new baby presents from now on.

Fisher-Price 'Ocean Wonders' Soothe & Glow Seahorse (Pink)
Fisher-Price 'Ocean Wonders' Soothe & Glow Seahorse (Pink)
Offered by Wi-Shop

5.0 out of 5 stars Best baby toy, 11 Jan. 2013
My little boy had the blue version as a baby and loved it (still does in fact). I definitely think its part of the reason that he has always settled himself quite happily in his cot, and now bed.

So it was a natural present for him to buy his new baby sister for her first Christmas. And she already loves staring at its glowing tummy and listening to the soothing songs and sound effects.

I know lots of people with these and no one has a bad word to say about them, all their children seem to love them just as much as mine do.