Profile for K. Ward > Reviews

Content by K. Ward

K. Ward "Karrie" (Wigan, UK)

Bird Box
Bird Box

3.0 out of 5 stars And now we see....?, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Bird Box (Kindle Edition)
I did enjoy this book....it kept me interested. However, I ultimately felt a little flat. I may be a part of the want-it-all generation who are used to seeing the monster and so the ending came too soon. I needed to know more about the visitors, why they had come, what they wanted etc. I do have an imagination but think that this book would have benefitted from a little more disclosure.

Me To You I Love You This Much Medium Bear
Me To You I Love You This Much Medium Bear

5.0 out of 5 stars Love at first sight., 28 Jan. 2013
My daughter absolutely loved this. It is a good size, excellently made and has a good quality, weighty feel to it. I would recommend it to anyone who likes Tatty Teddy.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Lots to use., 28 Jan. 2013
This little set was delightful. Although only the 2 sheets - 1 of toppers and 1 backing sheet - with imagination and a few extra bits you'd be able to make lots of cards from this.

Fushsia 12 Inches Metallic Helium Quality Latex Balloons - Pack of 50
Fushsia 12 Inches Metallic Helium Quality Latex Balloons - Pack of 50
Offered by ROCK LTD

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely balloons!, 28 Jan. 2013
These balloons arrived nice and swiftly in no-nonsense packaging. The fuchsia was a really lovely dark intense colour which did not go much lighter when they were blown up. They also had a nice sheen to them. They looked fantastic in the balloon net we had.
My only quibble was that a few of the balloons had holes in them....approximately 4 out of the bag. This did not matter to me as I did not require a specific number but if you do need a certain number, you should bear this in mind.

3M Scotch Pink Advanced Tape Glider & Tape-.25"X36 Yards 2/Pkg
3M Scotch Pink Advanced Tape Glider & Tape-.25"X36 Yards 2/Pkg
Offered by UK ONLINE

5.0 out of 5 stars Cardmaker's dream!, 23 Jun. 2012
I absolutely love this product. I ummed and ahhed about it for a while thinking it was a lot to pay when I could just use the small disposable tape dispensers. However, having dropped birthday hints, my husband bought me one and I love, love, love it.
It's tricky to load but that tape lasts ages and once you know how to load it, it gets easier.
Ideal for cardmaking and scrapbooking.
I would highly recommend.

Magna Tropical Splash Girls Bike - 16-Inch Wheels (Old Version)
Magna Tropical Splash Girls Bike - 16-Inch Wheels (Old Version)

4.0 out of 5 stars Lovely bike, 8 Aug. 2009
We bought this for our daughter who had outgrown her old one. It came in pieces and required putting together. I have never attempted this before but managed it on my own in about an hour, with only some nuts requiring tightening later after the first ride.
It is a lovely looking bike - silver and pinky purple and great for a trendy little girl who is beyond the Dora/Fifi stage but not onto a grown-up bike.
The tassles on the handle bars are great but unfortunately didn't last very lond before one fell off and my daughter pulled the other off - bit of a waste of time really.
My other gripe was the stabilisers. Our daughter is only 4 and so did need them. However the ones that are sent with the bike are not great - very 'plasticky'. I also had trouble getting them to touch the floor on both sides at the same time so I do nt think they are the right size for the wheels on this bike. I did try another set of stabilisers but wit no great success and so my husband taught our daughter to ride without which was great and we are very proud - even though our hand was slightly forced in this matter!
All in all we love this bike and, more importantly, so does our little lady. (And an absolute bargain price when you shop around too!!!)

Morphy Richards 48710 Oval Slow Cooker 3.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Morphy Richards 48710 Oval Slow Cooker 3.5 Litres - Stainless Steel
Offered by Southern Electric

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant!, 9 Jun. 2008
I had wanted a slow cooker for ages and decided on this one for two reasons - the price and the good reviews it had previously.
My first attempt at cooking with the slow cooker was poor because I used a jar of sauce instead of cooking from scratch. I was concerned that I had wasted my money but plodded on and chose a recipe in the booklet accompanying the machine. It was superb! I now understand that the whole idea of a slow cooker is to avoid the easy option of buying a jar of sauce etc. With simple ingredients you can get a superb sauce which is far superior in taste and nutrition to it's pre-made counterparts. I have since made several of the recipes in the booklet. These are a little repetitive though (chicken paprika and beef paprika) so I have just ordered 2 further recipe books specifically for the slow cooker.
The recipes included do need a little preparation beforehand but are well worth the effort and take no more than 10 or 15 minutes to prepare.
This particular machine seems very well made - I have no doubt you could break something if you threw it around so don't and it will last you! The size is bigger than I expected. We are a family of 4 and it is plenty big enough. I always seem to have some left over to freeze too.
This has to be my purchase of the year so far!!! Treat yourself!!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Dec 23, 2012 8:44 PM GMT