Profile for Little Kotora > Reviews

Content by Little Kotora

Little Kotora (In my bed , Scotland)

Chinese Zodiac - A Short Story for Kids
Chinese Zodiac - A Short Story for Kids

3.0 out of 5 stars Not really what I was l looking for.., 29 April 2012
I love the stories behind the Chinese zodiac and bought this think it would be a good bedtime read for my little one. The book sadly does not contain the stories about how the zodiac supposedly came about, Either Buddha meeting the cat and inviting them to a banquet before making a promise to always be together or the race to Buddhas house that rat tricked cat into believing was a day later. This book is rather a light briefing of the profiles of each animal . The pictures are well done but sadly it was not what we were looking for

The Lucky One
The Lucky One
Price: 3.99

5.0 out of 5 stars An addictive read..., 29 April 2012
This review is from: The Lucky One (Kindle Edition)
At first i was a little skeptical, This is not the type of book I read so it was out of my comfort zone not to mention after reading other reviews I was pretty unsure. Some say it's chapters are confusing , hard to get in to and the ending was rushed. 4.99 for a book I may not read?! hmmm the clincher came when my sister said we were going to see ( I was not asked rather told i was going) At 3.21am I bought the book and figured a few pages might help me fall into the sleep that was evading me. I set my kindle down at 8am this morning on chapter 27. Absolutely Hooked. I didn't want to put it down but the dogs selfishly wanted out and fed!

I returned to the last chapters and I must admit that I was growing a little sad at how quickly the black bar was moving along the bottom. I didn't want it to end that quickly Not because it had been rushed or even confusing. I found the book very simple to understand and far to easy to get engrossed in. I didn't want it to end as , dare I say it?, I loved the characters .....I loved Logan a bit more though :)

The book keeps the same pace throughout and I felt with how everything else had fallen into place in the time line the end came about at just the right time, though I would not minded another few chapters about the way Logans shirt stuck to his chest with sweat or the way he strips down while running before diving into the flooded river to save her [Beth's] son.*swoon*

The Characters are pretty easy to get attached to as I think we ( ladies) have all had that dodgey ex [Keith] that can border on the scary, I think we would all love a white knight on his steed sweep us of our feet, this time it just so happens that he's an ex war vet with a slightly troubled past and his steed takes the form of his loyal German shepard Zeus. Nana is a character in many ways but her straight talking but very confusing metaphors made her lovable from the offset. Ben is the kid we have all seen shying in a park, you know he's trying to keep everyone happy but he'd be happiest with a book or mental challenge. For me, Beth needed a little bit more depth as I didn't get an over all feeling for her but none the less she was still a valid strong character.

I'm not going to give away the story line, the others have done a good job of giving you the gist of it. all I can do is tell you not to judge the book by it's cover and even if it is out your normal reading material to still give the book a chance. It was compelling , endearing and inspiring to the closet hopeless romantic that i am. It's an easy light read that will have you laughing and crying and thinking that the kids or dogs can go without tea for just one more chapter..or six. Treat yourself and get swept away in the love story that is pitted against , bombs ,snipers,deadly accidents and vindictive ex's. I doubt you will regret it :)