Profile for Slappy Sal > Reviews

Content by Slappy Sal

Slappy Sal

Reader's Digest DIY Manual: With Trade Secrets, Practical Money-Saving Fixes and Project Management
by Readers Digest

5.0 out of 5 stars Not just for men!!!, 1 Nov. 2012
I bought this book for my husband, he was never a big DIYer around the house, I always done everything......Yes I mean everything decorating, tiling, laying floors/carpets, building walls, etc. Now he has retired he wanted to give some pluming a go, it told him everything he needed to know.....He didn't trust my advise.....and he fitted a radiator and plumbed it in and (suprise suprise!!) it didn't leak. He has since refered to it on numerous occassions and he would now be lost with out it. The book covers all aspects of DIY that the home would need, and as my husband has proved even men can do it !!!

Prophecy
Prophecy
by Peter James

5.0 out of 5 stars Another one by Peter James I Love, 1 Nov. 2012
This review is from: Prophecy (Hardcover)
I have only recently started reading Peter James books, I have now read all of the Roy Grace series and can't wait for the next one and now I have gone back to the start of his writing and I am making my way through the books in order. Prophecy is a brilliant read, I couldn't put it down, I'm sure that anyone who likes a little suspence mixed with a little horror and some really dramatic page turning, is going to love this book. I have just moved on to his next book 'Host' and am once again engrosed.

18k Gold over Silver Diamond Accent Hoop Earrings
18k Gold over Silver Diamond Accent Hoop Earrings
Offered by Ladelle-Designs

5.0 out of 5 stars well worth the money, 5 Feb. 2011
I bought these as a gift and was very pleased with the product when it arrived as was the recipient of them. They look stunning when worn and can be dressed up or down for every day use. Well worth the money. Would recommend for any one looking for resonabley priced 18K gold earings.

Breville DF39 Silver Plastic Deep Fryer
Breville DF39 Silver Plastic Deep Fryer

1.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy it !!!, 9 Jan. 2011
I bought this to do the job it was made for 'cook chips'. Its cheap and tacky. I hadn't had it for long when the handle started falling down when you picked the basket out with chips in it. There is no way of tightening up the handle. It was dangerous and after happening nearly every time we used it, it went in the bin. I did not want it replaced or fixed , I would never have trusted it. Im sure Breville ,make good sandwich makers but they havn't mastered the chip pan.

Pink Leather Disabled Badge Holder
Pink Leather Disabled Badge Holder
Offered by BargainShop_London

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty badge holder, 9 Jan. 2011
This review is from: Pink Leather Disabled Badge Holder
I bought this for myself. Lovely colour for my disable badges. Nice soft leather and for the price the quality is acceptable. Would recommend.

Modella Spring Break Fitted Weekender
Modella Spring Break Fitted Weekender

5.0 out of 5 stars A good sized travel bag, 9 Jan. 2011
I bought this travel bag to go into hospital. The bottles are ideal for small amounts of shampoo, conditioner, liquid soap etc. No need to carry a load of bulky bottles with you. The rear compartment is more than big enough for all your extras. Ideal for weekends away, holidays and many more uses. Would recommend.

Rhod Gilbert Live Collection [DVD]
Rhod Gilbert Live Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Rhod Gilbert
Offered by alentertainment

5.0 out of 5 stars I LOVE THIS GUY !!!, 9 Jan. 2011
I would recommend these dvd's to all you out there, who are in need of a good laugh.
Rhod Gilbert is not only Welsh [which to a lot of people is good enough !!), but he is funny as well !!! He hits you with one senario afte another getting more and more stressed as he tells his story, until he is almost bouncing off the stage. He takes you on a ride through every day events that would pass most people by. Rhod is the funniest comedian to come out on dvd for a long time if you cant get to one of his live shows in person this is the next best thing. HAPPY VIEWING.