Profile for Sagacity > Reviews

Content by Sagacity

Sagacity

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
The Master Key (King Penguin)
The Master Key (King Penguin)
by Masako Togawa

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read from start to finish, 18 May 2015
Fantastic first book from Masako Togawa. It's a shame that not many of her books have been translated into English.

The Thief
The Thief
by Fuminori Nakamura

1.0 out of 5 stars One of the worst books that I have ever read., 18 May 2015
This review is from: The Thief (Paperback)
One of the worst books that I have ever read.

After Dark
After Dark
by Haruki Murakami

1.0 out of 5 stars Book about analysing thoughts in an overemphasised way, 9 May 2015
This review is from: After Dark (Paperback)
This is my first Murakami book, and I’m very disappointed. I felt like giving up reading it, but I kept an open mind and persevered to the end. Unfortunately there was no reward.

If you would like to read a book with a story, this one isn’t for you. If you would like to read a book describing and analysing thoughts and camera angles in an artistic way, this one is for you.

Haiku: An Anthology of Japanese Poems (Shambhala Library)
Haiku: An Anthology of Japanese Poems (Shambhala Library)
by Stephen Addiss

3.0 out of 5 stars A little Missleading, 21 Jan. 2015
The book started off going into detail about the Japanese meanings behind the different Haiku Poems. This was also shown in the `look inside book`option on Amazon. I presumed the detailed explanations would continue throughout the book, but sadly it was just for a few Haiku at the start of the book.

It's still a nice book, but I might not have purchased it if I knew the detailed explanations would just be at the start.

Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition (PS3)
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition (PS3)

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 12 Jan. 2015
Fantastic game! Maybe even better than Dark Souls 2.

[3 Pack] TECHGEAR® Lenovo Yoga 10 & 10 HD+ Tablet (Model: B8000 Series) ULTRA CLEAR LCD Screen Protector Gaurd Covers With Screen Cleaning Cloth & Application Card
Offered by TECHGEAR Solutions

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the correct size for Yoga 2., 22 Dec. 2014
Not the correct size for Yoga 2. However, is a good fit for the older Yoga 10".

Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing
Epson WorkForce WF-3520DWF 4-in-1 Printer with Double-sided Printing

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 15 Dec. 2014
Works well with Win 8, Win XP and Linux.

Ryu ga Gotoku ishin![JAPAN IMPORT]
Ryu ga Gotoku ishin![JAPAN IMPORT]

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Samurai Action, 15 Dec. 2014
I've waited a while for this game to drop in price as it's an import only game, and it was well worth the wait.

I've got Ryu ga Gotoku 5, and this is a nice twist to the series.

Acorn 6210MC HD Wildlife Trail Camera, Standard Infrared
Acorn 6210MC HD Wildlife Trail Camera, Standard Infrared
Offered by OneBird

4.0 out of 5 stars VISIBLE RED LED's!, 16 Jun. 2014
Purchased partly to view wildlife and also as garden security. The video quality is very good, not really 1080p HD, but still decent quality for a reasonably cheap camera.

My only disappointment was that about 24 small RED LEDs light up when activated. It isn't as noticeable as a regular camera power light, however it makes it an easy target for an intrude to cut the strap and steel the camera. Also some people say that the red lights can scare off animals, but I don't know how true this is.

Also the camera's LCD screen doesn't function without a compatible SD card inside. I thought my unit was faulty at first as the splash screen is set to about 1 second and then goes blank. A simple message on the LCD saying "Please insert SD Card" would have solved this issue.

All in all, I was very happy with the camera, but will be purchasing the next model up `Acorn 6210MC HD Wildlife Trail Camera, Covert 940nm Infrared` which doesn't light up when recording.

Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)
Offered by EVERGAME

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth it for under £20, 6 Jun. 2014
This review is from: Gran Turismo 6 (PS3) (Video Game)
I have a copy of GT5 and would give it 5 Starts. I wasn't sure whether to buy GT6 as there were a lot of negative comments about it being unfinished.

Well, I decided to buy the game when the price had been reduced and got my copy for around £20. I prefer the new physics and game play compared to GT5 and the cars don't seem permanently fixed to the track, and it looks realistic when cornering.

On the down side, the overall presentation isn't on the same level as GT5. I miss a few features such as buying used cars (even though some people hated this). Also a simple feature when you would see your current car in a picturesque screen as a sort of screen saver seems to have been taken out.

I think that there are more changes from this game than FIFA 13 to FIFA 14 for example. I don't regret my purchase, and if you see this for under £20, I think it is worth it.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3