Profile for In my view > Reviews

Silverline 612120 10 Pack 3 mm Lip and Spur Drill Bits
Silverline 612120 10 Pack 3 mm Lip and Spur Drill Bits
Offered by Tool and Fix

4.0 out of 5 stars Speedy delivery, 30 Jun 2014
I did not know that drill bits get broken and need replacing no matter how good the quality. I am pleased to have 10 bits to get through . I have not tried them though. the stars are for the speedy delivery. thanks Silverline.

Agnus Castus 100 x 1000mg/ 100 tablets (vitex)
Agnus Castus 100 x 1000mg/ 100 tablets (vitex)
Offered by Fast Track Health and Beauty

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped with my suspected hormone imbalances thank God!, 30 Jun 2014
I have found that there is a dose- response attached to this food supplement. If you take one or two tablets your breasts will swell and your uterus will contract in the most painful way imaginable. Yes, I mean worse than childbirth and more in tune with the uterine contractions that some women experience when they first breast feed their second child. The breast swelling following the daily ingestion of one or two tablets daily could be what is meant when it is said that it helps stimulate lactation. However if you experienced this pain but persevered increasing to four tablets daily something else may happen. Over the next 2 to 3 months. You may have a pain- free, shorter menses unannounced by symptoms of PMS. You may have a personality change and become milder and more benign to those you love . You may also find hair at the crown growing better because this stuff apparently out competes DHT in the scalp but do not quote me . This is a food and some women use it to help reduce menstrual blood loss, ovulate, normalise prolonged cycles but do not quote me. If you are taking synthetic hormones for whatever reason this is not for you as the results will probably be unpredictable . Usually people talk about this herb in terms of getting pregnant or not . But by re-balancing the ratios of estrogen and progesterone it will help sufferers of uterine fibroids which basically is caused by estrogen dominance. If you suffer male pattern baldness this will help release your follicles from the clutches of Dihydrotestoterone and allow you hair grow once more, if you have Iron loss caused by heavy menstrual bleeding this may help you conserve your iron/ferritin levels , and PMS symptoms may be reduced to point when you forget your dates. I took these as a sort of trial and I have been happy with the results. I feel every woman will respond differently to this herb which is aromatic almost like swallowing perfume tablets.

Iliada PDO Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tin 5 Litre
Iliada PDO Kalamata Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tin 5 Litre

4.0 out of 5 stars This oil is mild according to my insensitive taste buds ..., 30 Jun 2014
This oil is mild according to my insensitive taste buds and has replaced whatever rancid oil I used to buy from various supermarkets. No, it is not cheap but eggs seem less likely to burn or stick to the pan . I would buy again. The packaging is stylish too .

Pitch Perfect [DVD] [2012]
Pitch Perfect [DVD] [2012]
Dvd ~ Anna Kendrick

1.0 out of 5 stars This is about female disempowerment. Not for under 21's, 10 Mar 2014
This review is from: Pitch Perfect [DVD] [2012] (DVD)
That was all it took for me to know that this film was not for us. the famous cup scene lasted 14 seconds or so. If I had watched "camp rock" or "glee" or "stepup" I might have dulled my tastes and been lured into giving this film one more star but no, I have been watching a number of black and white movies with Charles Laughton and this film left me feeling nauseous. There is no moral to the tale and so the characters are bland with no sharpness, there is no real baddy. I found myself alternating between sleep; and cries of switch it off.!there was a scene where a man was tapping (or hitting) Fat Amy's breasts with a microphone. I was indignant and expected her to slap the young man in the face or have someone else do it but nothing happened. What are they teaching 12 year olds?. There was an irrelevent scene in the shower where a member of the group accosted the "heroine" to sing with her. The girl was obviously uncomfortable but did not shoo or shout her away . and then, a young man walked into the shower with them What!!! this is certifcate 12. This film is about female disempowerment Trying to normalise abnormal behaviour by using anoxious looking and sounding actors of middle class background. Oh and the music aimed at 12 year olds "Let talk about sex baby , Lets talk about you and me" and "No digity" yeah great inspiration songs for the yoof dem. Oh and for a movie set on a school campus not even a nod to educashun just sexual references , scenes of a sexual nature , adult themes dressed up with blandness and aimed at 12 year olds.

WET N WILD Mega Last Matte Lip Cover - Vamp It Up
WET N WILD Mega Last Matte Lip Cover - Vamp It Up
Offered by Rude Cosmetics

5.0 out of 5 stars Mac cyber with a magenta base!, 10 Mar 2014
I do like dark lipstick. This formulation is a true matte . It barely transfers following one or two large cups of tea. It does not run and the stain- I actually like lipsticks that leave a stain - is a very beautiful shade in its own right;a sort of dusky mauve. Although my first purchase of this colour, I bought two because , after reading the reviews both good and bad , I felt that it would be suitable for me. I wear truly topaz in Black Opal and this gives a good contrast.. This colour is dark. And yet there are women who naturally have lips similar to this colour and so for me it is not "vampy " just another nude shade. I have Cherry Bomb and Sugar- plum Fairy WHICH ARE SUPER but I love the pure matte of this formulation ,If you find it too dry for your taste then you can consider applying a base of some sort of grease but you may lose the drama.
It does not cost much and arrived early in the post with no additional charges

Folicure Shampoo 946 ml
Folicure Shampoo 946 ml
Offered by Cosmetic Solutions Inc.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sulphates salt aqua, 19 Feb 2014
This product was not what was expected. The first four ingredients include water sulphates and salt. this shampoo made my scalp itch terribly. It is expensive and I can damage my hair much more cheaply and without waiting for an overseas shipment. The "nutrients" are listed after the perfume to give an indication of the proportion in the formulation. not happy . On the upside it did spur me on to find a better way to cleanse my hair and scalp and teach me not to buy a shampoo without reading the full list of ingredients first.. I realise there are favourable reviews but not for me.- used the rest as a shower gel . It has a nice smell and works really well as a shower gel.

MAGIC STAR 9
MAGIC STAR 9
Offered by Seaview Shavers

5.0 out of 5 stars If you have long or curly coily locks-, 19 Feb 2014
This review is from: MAGIC STAR 9 (Personal Care)
Love this comb. Indestructible. Will not shear off your hair or scratch your scalp. Feels solid in your hand and applies even pressure to strands. Seamless. Not a £1 comb . This comb will be valued by those with very very curly hair and those who view brushes with distaste..

Encona Pounded Yam Packets 1.5 Kg (pack of 6)
Encona Pounded Yam Packets 1.5 Kg (pack of 6)

1.0 out of 5 stars Ground rice plus other substances, 19 Feb 2014
If you are new to the world of "pounded yam" please be warned before you purchase. You need to have cooked with this stuff for years to understand how to manipulate it into some semblance of "pounded yam". Don't return or throw it away - just ask your aunty or friend on how to use this concoction of rice and "carbs". And if you soup is delicious then it won't matter anyway.

The Stations of the Cross (CTS devotions and prayer books)
The Stations of the Cross (CTS devotions and prayer books)
by St.Alphonsus

5.0 out of 5 stars Use this when doing the Stations of the Cross with your children, 19 Feb 2014
I missed having this book around. we had copies as chidren , They were purple and grey in colour and I have tried to find this for years for my children . I bought one as a test and am pleased that it is easy to use and helps one to focus on Our Lord during his Passion. It arrived quickly and in good condition. I did not know it was written by St Alphonsus .

Neutrogena Soya Ultimate Day Cream Norwegian Formula  77233
Neutrogena Soya Ultimate Day Cream Norwegian Formula 77233

5.0 out of 5 stars Neutragena face cream spf 10 yes, 19 Feb 2014
I used to use this product a few years ago and rediscovered the wonderfully soothing and moisturising properties. They used to stock it at Boots on the bottom shelf so you really had to be searching for it because the location where it was stocked meant you would not naturally stumble across it unless of course you did stumble onto the floor and perhaps looked up and saw it there. It is not greasy . I have dry skin in winter so i do put a base oil or serum before putting this on top, then the rest of my facial routine. It helps with wind and uv damage that can cause redness and scarring or promote breakouts. . It is a smooth fomulation not gritty ,and without any smell. It does not cause shine or feel like it is blocking my pores but cannot say it is a mattifier. Not expensive for several months use. Will buy more.

Page: 1 | 2