Profile for BRP > Reviews

Content by BRP

BRP

Samsung Series 5 550 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Silver)
Samsung Series 5 550 Wi-Fi Chromebook (Silver)

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for internet based stuff and video calls via Hangouts, 31 July 2013
I bought this to use on the road 5 days a week as my personal computer in the hotel. Very fast to start up, I use google Hangouts to talk and see the family, and fine for web browsing. Plus with google drive I can pick up docs I need easily.Strongly recommended. Oh, and my 11 year set it up for me in 2 mins. One of the few products that lives up to the marketing hype.

Sennheiser PX685i Sports Headband In-Ear Headset - Black
Sennheiser PX685i Sports Headband In-Ear Headset - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Well I like them anyway, 8 July 2013
They replaced a pair of PMX's of the same brand which have the over-the-neck band (great for running but the ear plug part snapped on both left and right buds over time when I leaned back while seated with them - they still lasted 3 years). So far so good with this model.
I had read that some people find them too tight and painful. For me they are fine, even on the smallest size. They stay in place fine while running - and that's using the bog-standard set up without the extra ear widgets supplied. Extra bonus - I meant to buy them here but as I was going through Heathrow I picked them up for 30 quid. Still, thought I'd share the review on Amazon in case you are considering them.

Time To Run High Visibility Armband With LED Pack Of Two
Time To Run High Visibility Armband With LED Pack Of Two
Offered by Time To Run Limited

5.0 out of 5 stars They do the job. Happy with them, 26 Feb 2013
I use these bands around my calves for running early in the morning. No problem with them so far after 1 month.

Linksys E3200 High Performance Dual Band N Wireless Router with SpeedBoost (discontinued by manufacturer)

3.0 out of 5 stars 3 months and awaiting delivery by seller, Amazon, 13 Dec 2012
Well I thought I was getting a bargain when I ordered this product over 3 months ago. I try to buy products directly from Amazon as the seller where possible, but not a good idea on this occasion. Alas, it's probably a great product, but until Amazon's 'fulfillment' centre get it to me, not much I can say.

Pack of 6 Breathable Shirt / Sweater Carriers
Pack of 6 Breathable Shirt / Sweater Carriers
Offered by CaraselleDirect

4.0 out of 5 stars Good quality product, 13 Dec 2012
Have been using these bags for a few months now travelling every week. They help keep clothes tidy and uncreased - happy with this purchase.

Archos 35 Home Connect Internet Radio
Archos 35 Home Connect Internet Radio

3.0 out of 5 stars Love-hate relationship with this product, 13 Dec 2012
This is a unique product. I have not found another internet radio on the market that lets you copy music files directly onto it to save you from plugging in an MP3 to listen to your own music. I bought one for myself in December, and another for my daughter in Jan. They both broke though - the USB charging socket broke. I think the design of using a USB plug to charge it is just not robust enough which is a real pity because it could be such a great product. I have placed an order for a Pure One Flow to replace the Archos as it looks more reliable even though it has less functions.

Lexmark Impact S305 Wireless 3-in-1 Inkjet Printer
Lexmark Impact S305 Wireless 3-in-1 Inkjet Printer

1.0 out of 5 stars Waste of money. Drinks ink and needs constant realignment., 21 Dec 2011
Enjoy buying loads of ink and spending time aligning the print cartridges ? Do you collect numerous print outs of the printer alignment results ? Then this is the printer for you. I thought I would save money buying the colours separately with this printer, but instead you just spend time and money buying all the colours individually. This printer is a serous money pit. I will certainly not bother with another lexmark after this experience.

Honeywell Warm Steam Humidifier
Honeywell Warm Steam Humidifier

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth trying something different, 3 Aug 2011
I usually buy products with lots of favourable reviews. In this case I made an exception and went on the strength of a single favourable review. I'm happy with the product - it is pretty quiet (It's basically like having a quiet kettle in your bedroom, so you have to expect some gurgling). It has not leaked at all and is easy to fill. The cleaning instructions are simple (just use vinegar). Also important is that it requires only a small surface area. Most other humidifiers look like they are designed to take up lots of space and probably do. So overall, a very good product. And incidentally, it has helped avoid a really dry throat in the mornings.

Polar FT4M Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Silver
Polar FT4M Heart Rate Monitor and Sports Watch - Silver

4.0 out of 5 stars Good design, no issues so far, 6 Jun 2011
Have been using this monitor for a month now and am happy with it. It replaces an older model Polar. If I can change the batteries ok when the time comes, I will be particularly pleased with it, as being able to change the battery myself was a factor in choosing this model. Functionally it is simple and reliable. The way it automatically displays the time during a session when you bring the watch close to the chest sensor is neat. I also prefer the material chest-strap (stays in position ok when running) instead of the chunky plastic one on other models which tends to slide down.