Profile for Clara > Reviews

Content by Clara

Sony NWZE585 16GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Black
Sony NWZE585 16GB Walkman Video MP3 Player - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Certainly would recommend this, 18 Feb. 2014
Got this to replace my Creative Zen Touch, I always used Creative before but I've not been impressed with their offerings now. And I am not a fan of Apple products.

This mp3 is really light and the buttons make it much easier to use without looking at the screen (great for when you're on the move) I love the sound quality, I also really liked the SenseMe feature. I don't normally use functions like this but it actually groups the tracks together well and has been nice to hear some tracks I forgot I had.

Also it's a really nice size, but sturdy. Doesn't feel like you could snap it despite it being thin. If you want a reliable mp3, don't like Apple, this is a really good one to go with.

Only problem I have is if using Media Go to add to playlists (which is much easier) if the tracks are already on the mp3. You have to make the playlist on your computer and then apply it (again frustrating if your tracks are on an external hard drive)

The Fool Of The World And The Flying Ship/Cinderella [DVD]
The Fool Of The World And The Flying Ship/Cinderella [DVD]
Dvd ~ Fool of the World and the Flying Ship

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutly enchanting, 12 Feb. 2005
Having watched this constantly as a child when my video was destroyed I was devastated. For years I searched for The Fool thinking in the end it had all be a sweet dream of mine and it had never exsisted. Now here it is on DVD and not worth missing! This story is beautiful, animation is beautiful and will not fail to entrance young and old. I urge people to buy it now!

There and Back Again: An Adventure Journal (Lord of the Rings)
There and Back Again: An Adventure Journal (Lord of the Rings)
by Cedco Publishing

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect gift, 14 May 2004
This was given as a present for a dear friend of ours. She absolutly loved it. When I received it Must admit I wanted my very own. It's such a beautiful book you don't want to write in it. Perfect for any Lord of the Rings fan.

The Raging Quiet
The Raging Quiet
by Sherryl Jordan

5.0 out of 5 stars Beauty in words!, 14 May 2004
This review is from: The Raging Quiet (Paperback)
I must admit I picked up this book for it's front cover. And I'm glad I did. I've read it a number of times now, and everytime it gets better. Heartbreaking and heartwarming at the same time. I recommend it to anybody who will listen. I'm eagerly looking forward to the Audio Edition of this so as I can listen to it easily wherever I go. Buy now! Read and beware don't make any plans as you won't be able to put it down!

Truckers [VHS] (1992)
Truckers [VHS] (1992)
Offered by smallerneil

5.0 out of 5 stars An easy watch, 27 Dec. 2003
This review is from: Truckers [VHS] (1992) (VHS Tape)
I remember watching this when I was a small child and it's something that's always stuck in my mind. Needless to say when I found the video on here I bought it straight away.
Now I've always thought that Terry Pratchett is something that needs to be left to the book. The humour is rarely going to be matched. This however I think pulls it off. I'm not saying it's an exact representation. Down to every tiny detail. But it's kept the characters well. Granny Morkey stubborn and proud but very funny in her own right. Grimma a fantastic new age woman (nome). If you don't feel like picking up a book then I suggest giving this a try.
Fans of stop motion animation like myself would also find this a good viewing. Made by the same people (I beleive) who made 'The Wind In The Willows' stop motion animations (Mr Toad voiced by David Jason), also another set of videos if found should be watched.

Addams Family [DVD] [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]
Addams Family [DVD] [1991] [Region 1] [US Import] [NTSC]

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantabulous!, 27 Dec. 2003
I grew up with this film so maybe I'm biast. It was this film that made me fall in love with the delightful Christina Ricci and making Wednesday Addams my idol.
What's so lovable about these characters, is that they don't KNOW they're weird. To them burying a cat alive is perfectly normal. The reactions of those around them is hilarious and you can't help but wonder why someone wouldn't be impressed by the blood soaked Shakespere performance of Wednesday and Pugsley. Beautifully gothic sets suit the Addams perfectly.
Anyone watching this however should not expect a deep a meaningfull plot. That's not what these films are about. Funny, beautiful and an absolute delight. A great film for you to just sit and watch over and over again, each time noticing more and more things about not only the characters but everything around.
(A special note on the lighting which I always loved. The subtle effect of Mortisha's eyes always being highlighted while the rest of her face is shadowed.)
So if you like a good fun film to watch, a fan of mad outrageous sets and characters, then this is a film for you.