Profile for David Nash > Reviews

He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson
He Is Legend: An Anthology Celebrating Richard Matheson
by Christopher Conlon

4.0 out of 5 stars Over all, a good book, 23 Sep 2011
I liked some stories more than others, and there was one story that I didn't like at all, but the book is good. Worth reading. Plus it has a story written by Joe Hill and Stephen King together. Can't argue with that!

She Wakes
She Wakes
by Jack Ketchum
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars Top drawer horror, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: She Wakes (Mass Market Paperback)
I've read average to below average reviews for this one and I can't help thinking, "Really? But She Wakes is so good!" And it is good. Jack Ketchum is one of the best horror writers around and this book is no exception. If you like horror you should read this one. It's great!

The Beast House
The Beast House
by Richard Laymon

3.0 out of 5 stars Huh..., 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Beast House (Paperback)
I heard so many good things about this book that I was expecting a lot. I ended up being disappointed, and thought the book was average at best. In my humble opinion, this is not Laymon's best work, but surely not his worst either. Still, for some reason I was under the impression that The Beast House was one of his best novels. Different strokes for different folks, I guess.

Boy's Life
Boy's Life
by Robert R. McCammon
Edition: Mass Market Paperback

5.0 out of 5 stars So Amazing, I read it twice., 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Boy's Life (Mass Market Paperback)
Yeah, this is one of the finest novels ever written. The characters are wonderful, and each chapter is like its own little story. You need to read this one. EVERYONE that reads it, falls in love with it.

The Girl Next Door
The Girl Next Door

5.0 out of 5 stars This book hurts so good, 23 Sep 2011
Reading this book hurts - a lot. I had to put it down over and over again because it was just too much. Jack Ketchum really hits a nerve with this tale, and he hits it hard. I don't think I've ever read a book that upset me the way this one did. I'm not sure if I should give it five stars, or beg people not to read it.

Swan Song
Swan Song
by RobertR McCammon

4.0 out of 5 stars Not sure why people love it quite as much as they do, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: Swan Song (Paperback)
The book is okay. More than okay. Almost great, in fact, but there are so many things that don't make sense. Little things, you know? Like: years after the bombs go off people will say, "Do you want some coffee?" Huh? Where did you get that? So many little things like this makes the book fall a little flat - but it's almost super-amazing if you have your kid gloves on...
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jan 17, 2012 2:38 PM GMT

The Terror
The Terror
by Dan Simmons

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, 23 Sep 2011
This review is from: The Terror (Paperback)
Great writing. Great story. Lots of history. Lots of things to think about. All of it done with a cold, almost emotionless tone that's colder than the situation the characters are trapped in.

24: Season One DVD Collection [DVD]
24: Season One DVD Collection [DVD]
Dvd ~ Kiefer Sutherland

5.0 out of 5 stars 24 rocks, 23 Sep 2011
When I started watching this series I couldn't stop. I think I watched 24 within about 24 hours. If you haven't seen it, clear your calender. This one is a good one.

Dawn of the Dead [Blu-ray] [2004] [US Import] [2007]
Dawn of the Dead [Blu-ray] [2004] [US Import] [2007]
Dvd ~ Ving Rhames
Offered by skyvo-direct

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome., 20 Aug 2011
Yes, I loved this movie. I saw it in the theater and then I bought the Director's Cut when it was released. Some people will say that they didn't like it because bla, bla, bla,... comparing it to the original, but what more do you want from a remake? They stayed close enough to the original storyline to please the fans, and different enough to make it interesting. I thought the film was awesome.

Sharktopus [DVD] [2010]
Sharktopus [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Eric Roberts

3.0 out of 5 stars Bad. But Good...?, 20 Aug 2011
This review is from: Sharktopus [DVD] [2010] (DVD)
This is the type of movie that would be best enjoyed watching in a loud bar full of people, while drunk, and a punk band played far too loud for you to be able to hear the questionable dialog. It's stupid, but maybe it is meant to be stupid? I want to give it a one star review, but I know I sort of love it a bit...? If I never see Sharktopus again that will be alright, but if someone bought it for me that would be good to. Three stars.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3