Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Enchantment Emporium
The Enchantment Emporium

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun, kept me hooked, 18 Mar. 2016
Well written, interesting take on the urban fantasy genre. Good fun, kept me hooked.

EXPED TRANSIT 40 BACKPACK (DARK BROWN)
EXPED TRANSIT 40 BACKPACK (DARK BROWN)
Offered by ALL OUTDOOR LTD

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a beautiful bag, minimalist and stylish, 4 Jan. 2016
Its a beautiful bag, minimalist and stylish. The detailing on the straps is wonderful. Slim, so it doesn't take up much space when you are walking through crowds. The large opening makes it easy to find stuff when you arrive. I absolutely love it.
Having said that, it is not perfect. If only partially full the single compression strap isn't really enough. And the shoulder straps aren't comfortable for carrying a heavy load for a long time, though of course that is not what the bag is designed for.
I used it for a two week trip to Japan, and it was absolutely perfect for carrying my gear between towns and hotels and airports. Great travel bag.

Lakeland Soft Grip Bathroom Squeegee 16cm
Lakeland Soft Grip Bathroom Squeegee 16cm
Offered by Unity Goods

5.0 out of 5 stars Its a simple thing, but having it hanging there ..., 17 Feb. 2015
Its a simple thing, but having it hanging there means I actually use it. And it is quite satisfying to use.

douself Colorful Bicycle Bike Cycling Wheel Spoke Light 14 LED 3 Colors
douself Colorful Bicycle Bike Cycling Wheel Spoke Light 14 LED 3 Colors

1.0 out of 5 stars I'm not convinced the patterns ever worked properly, but ..., 17 Feb. 2015
I'm not convinced the patterns ever worked properly, but more importantly the whole thing switched off at the first set of traffic lights so it is completely pointless.

Do It With a Rockstar
Do It With a Rockstar

5.0 out of 5 stars Love it so much, 22 Mar. 2013
I'd never heard of Amanda Palmer until I saw the video for this song on YouTube. Such a sassy bouncing good tune. Listened to it to death now.

The Blade Itself: The First Law: Book One
The Blade Itself: The First Law: Book One

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun. I enjoyed it., 22 Mar. 2013
Pretty good. Enjoyable. Well written. Subverts the genre a bit (the heroes aren't heroic etc). Good quality writing, hard to put down, I went straight on and read the rest of the series. Not exactly great literature, but on nasty winter days it was perfect a perfect read.

Constellation Games
Constellation Games

5.0 out of 5 stars Believeable. Inteligent. Fun., 21 Feb. 2013
I am half way through and enjoying the book so much I needed to share. It is a really fun book about first contact, with believable characters who wouldn't be out of place in a cool box set interacting with aliens who are, surprise!, individuals too.

I'm not a gamer but the focus on games still worked for me and was a clever bridge. I did get the 'Hey Ash, what you playing?' reference, which made me wonder how many others I had missed.

Looking forward to his next book already. Such a joyful antidote to the rote formulaic rubbish so many are churning out.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 21, 2013 7:47 PM GMT

The Human Division #2: Walk the Plank
The Human Division #2: Walk the Plank

1.0 out of 5 stars taking the piss, 12 Feb. 2013
ok so this is a chapter in a serial not a book. i get it. but this is so short its taking the piss. i read it in two minutes. it cant be more than a few pages long.
i like scalzi and this is a good idea for the kindle age but he has blown it with this rip off. i wont bother to try future chapters.

Frontier Stove
Frontier Stove
Offered by R&M Outdoors

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 20 April 2012
This review is from: Frontier Stove
The moment I opened the box the quality of this stove was overwhelming. The finish is a fantastic matt steel, I don't know if it is powder coated but it feels that good, looks beautiful. As soon as I started assembling it, which is easy and takes 3 minutes, the build quality was obvious as every moving part neatly fitted into place.

Ingenious design: light,easy to carry, chimney is just over 6 foot tall from the ground which keeps the smoke out of your eyes and lungs, and yet it is very stable. Easy to light, easy to feed and control the burn using the door and chimney baffle.

I bought mine mostly as a fun patio heater and it works for this even though it wasn't designed for this purpose. With the lid off and door open you see enough of the fire to make watching it hypnotic, and it puts out enough heat to warm your hands, although not a whole patio, unsurprisingly.

All in all I love it, it was well worth the money, and it would clearly be excellent for use in a tent or shed or anywhere else you wanted some heat and to boil a kettle. I recommend it 100%.

Toolzone Double Pinion 1/4" Hand Drill Wood Handle
Toolzone Double Pinion 1/4" Hand Drill Wood Handle
Offered by Toolhopper

1.0 out of 5 stars Simply doesn't work, 2 April 2012
I threw this in the bin 10 minutes after receiving this, it simply doesn't work.
The chuck will not tighten down on a drill bit enough to hold it, it comes loose as soon as you start to drill, and therefore the whole thing is pointless. Perhaps I was just unlucky with mine.

Page: 1 | 2