Profile for Emma R > Reviews

Content by Emma R

Emma R

EcoAir DD122 MK5 Desiccant Classic Dehumidifier with Ioniser and Silver Nano Filter

1.0 out of 5 stars SMELLS - not possible to use in a bedroom, 9 Nov 2014
Good enough at lowering humidity, but SMELLS. I am very annoyed at this as I specifically bought this device to have in our bedroom during very cold and damp nights when our new baby is born. The idea was to maintain a good level of humidity and also to possibly get the room a few degrees warmer. But. The dehumidifier gives off a rather strong smell which resembles plastic when it is running. I believe this is the desiccant and according to the manufacturers info this is "harmless to humans and pets". It is also recommended to run the dehumidifier for about a month as the smell will then possibly diminish. I have done this without any improvements. The fact that the smell from the Zeolite desiccant is stated to be 'harmless" just doesn't suffice for me under the circumstances as the smell is so strong and so chemical-like. I actually use a bag of Zeolite in my car to absorb the smell of wet dogs etc and that works really well. My understandings is that natural Zeolite absorbs smells, it doesn't let of plastic like fumes, but something in this product stinks.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 26, 2014 8:03 PM GMT

It Starts With Food: Discover the Whole30 and Change Your Life in Unexpected Ways

5.0 out of 5 stars Hardcore, 24 May 2013
Thorough and inspirational program for people who are serious about cutting all the bad stuff out of their diet and starting to heal their bodies instead.

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Good stuff, 24 May 2013
Arrived promptly. Product really does a difference to my mental energy levels. Taste is a bit peculiar so recommend mixing it with juice.