Profile for Justin.S. > Reviews

The Wrong Mans [DVD]
The Wrong Mans [DVD]
Dvd ~ James Corden

4.0 out of 5 stars Worth a watch. ., 22 May 2014
This review is from: The Wrong Mans [DVD] (DVD)
I bought this for my girlfriend and as expected, we both enjoyed it and watched the entire series in one sitting! Corden plays a very similar role to his previous outings which isn't necessarily a bad thing, and combined with Mathew Baynton the two of them make a funny duo. I have to admit I did get a bit lost in the storyline a couple of times but otherwise it's well written and there are plenty of laugh out loud moments throughout.
Well worth a try!

Multimedia Guitar Audio Interface Adapter for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Black
Multimedia Guitar Audio Interface Adapter for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Black
Offered by CableMart UK

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item!, 22 May 2014
Does exactly as you'd expect and it's well worth the price. I use mine for garageband on iPad mini and it works perfectly, a tenner well spent :)

FIFA 12 (PS3)
FIFA 12 (PS3)
Offered by Future Gaming UK

2.0 out of 5 stars Infuriating gameplay., 10 May 2014
This review is from: FIFA 12 (PS3) (Video Game)
If you like high octane thrills and spills in your footy games, a thrilling 4-3 win, a sending off and a penalty in the last minute, the feeling that the match could go either way which makes you want to play again straight after, then don't buy FIFA 12, it is anything but fun to play. . .
I'm currently three games away from completing my first season on manager mode and I'm seriously considering calling it quits and going back to FIFA 11. Every single match, and I mean EVERY SINGLE MATCH is just that much of a slog to get the ball in the back of the net that it is genuinely infuriating to play. 1-0 or 0-0, that's pretty much how every game ends up, there are no thrills and spills, there is no fun, you can't score amazing goals, you can barely get a shot on goal for all the blocking that goes on in and around the oppositions area, it just feels like too much hard work to enjoy (unless you put the difficulty level on Amateur or Semi Pro, but then there is no challenge whatsoever unless you enjoy your footy games to be a doddle!?).
It just plain and simply annoys the hell out of me FIFA 12 does, that is all.

Adults Harrington Jacket color - Navy,size -M
Adults Harrington Jacket color - Navy,size -M
Offered by G5 Apparel

2.0 out of 5 stars Not bad, not great. ., 26 April 2014
At first glance/wear I was delighted with the jacket, especially for the price but less than 24 hours later I noticed both outside pockets and inside pocket had frayed and developed huge holes in them, I rarely wear it now because of this reason, I have nowhere to keep my stuff!
Consider spending a few more quid and buying a Harrington of better quality.
Shame.

niceeshop(TM) Creative Guitar Tone Interface Converter Effects On Phone Amplitube For iPhone 4S iPad 1 2
Offered by niceEshop

1.0 out of 5 stars Buy from a more local seller. ., 22 April 2014
I got sucked in by the cheap price didn't I, not realising that over a month later and I'd still be sat here waiting for the blasted thing to arrive! I appreciate the fact that this seller is based in Hong Kong (wish I'd looked into this sooner) and you're bound to be left waiting a little longer for delivery but still, 5 - 6 weeks later and still nothing?!?!
So yeah, I cant actually offer you any insight on the product itself, maybe its good, maybe it isn't, who knows, all's I can suggest is that you order from somewhere local to avoid a painstaking wait. .

Tiger Music GAC42 3m Jack to Angled Jack Guitar Lead Cable
Tiger Music GAC42 3m Jack to Angled Jack Guitar Lead Cable

4.0 out of 5 stars Well worth a few quid of your money :), 25 Feb 2014
Any guitarist will know that leads come and go at an annoying rate whether they've been lost, broken, swiped at a gig, all sorts. .
Now, my last lead decided to pack in on me one night leaving me rather irate so my first port of call was to check out what was on offer on Amazon.
Im neither rich nor poor but decided to keep it cheap and cheerful and basically just wanted something to tide me over which is when I noticed this little number and for the price of it including P&P (around £3.10 altogether) I thought 'why not? It'll do for mucking around at home'.
It turned up a few days later and I have to say its done a sterling job so far and its lasted a fair few months with no problems at all! Its not the longest lead in the world and in the long run you will probably get more life out of an expensive one but for messing around at home with when you're having a little jam, for the price its faultless! A purchase well made :)

Rockburn LP2 Electric Guitar Pack - Black
Rockburn LP2 Electric Guitar Pack - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap and effective :), 30 Aug 2013
I bought this guitar as a sort of stand-in as my main guitar packed in on me, and I have to say, four years later it has yet to disappoint me! Yes, I had my reservations on how good a cheap guitar will actually play/sound/last, and at first glance on getting it out of the box it certainly isnt an actual Les Paul, and you might want to have a decent set of strings at the ready to replace the one's it comes with, but with a bit of tweaking here and there (I took the scratch plate off leaving it all black, gave it a clean and as above, replaced the strings), it is a very good guitar for beginners or for the more seasoned of players!
The amp and spare strings are a bit below par for my liking but that is probably because I am used to playing through a big beefy Line6 with Ernie Ball strings, but for the beginners out there im sure they will serve you well until you're ready to make the step up :) So yeah, its 5 stars from me for this little beaut, its been one of my closest friends since the day I got it, long live Rockburn guitars hahaha!!!
P.S. Ive yet to have a single problem with it (knock on wood).

FIFA 13 (PS3)
FIFA 13 (PS3)
Offered by Gameline GmbH.

3.0 out of 5 stars There's something lacking. . ., 31 Dec 2012
= Fun:3.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: FIFA 13 (PS3) (Video Game)
With a hefty bit of Xmas money left lying around, I thought id treat myself to the new Fifa installment with excitement and nostalgia seeing as ive played the games since the SNES days and hadnt purchased the latest offering since '09. . .
I wont ramble on here and i'll try and keep it short and sweet. Basically, I think this game feels a little 'tame', the goals i score tend to be a lucky through-ball past defenders and then a one-on-one with the goalkeeper and believe me, ive scored some whoppers on previous Fifa's from outside the box, a well worked up bit of play etc etc, ive yet to experience that on this one. There doesnt seem to be much action going on in the matches either (im currently half way through my first manager mode season and im still yet to see a crunching tackle, yellow card, sending off, penalty awarded. . ) I didnt notice at first but 25 matches in and I cant stop noticing it now! Every match feels very samey, bland, non-descript and uneventful. When you're midway through a match and get an update on whats going on in another match in your league and hear 'Port Vale have been awarded a penalty, Wycombe are down to 10 men!!' you cant help but think 'why arent my matches that fun? Why am I playing out a boring 1-0 victory for the 7th match running?!?!'.
All in all its not a bad game, but I do feel a bit deflated from this latest offering, it wasnt the return to Fifa I quite expected. Its really quite boring and that in itself is a big shame considering previous Fifa games have kept me stupidly addicted to the point of staying up til 3am when my alarm is due to go off at 7am, not this time im afraid! Approach with caution. 3 stars from me.