Profile for St Kilda > Reviews

St Kilda

Page: 1 | 2
JVC HA-S160-B-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Black
JVC HA-S160-B-E FLATS Lightweight Headphones - Black

5.0 out of 5 stars I add my name to the long list of satisfied buyers of this product, 30 Oct 2014
I add my name to the long list of satisfied buyers of this product. Excellent sound. Can't imagine why anyone wants to spend more. I frequently travel on the Northern Line, which has to be the ultimate test for exterior noise exclusion. Well, of course the headphones can't completely exclude the ridiculous rail noise levels on this tube line but it does a not bad job without encompassing your ears in outsize muffs.
If you're thinking of spending more than £10 on a set of headphones, buy these instead and give the rest to charity. Everyone's a winner

HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
HP Deskjet 1010 Colour Printer
Offered by Pearls Books

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 12 April 2014
Wanted a cheap no frills printer for occasional use and Which? reckons this uses very little ink when used infrequently. Only time will tell but it was easy enough to set up. Didn't use the CD driver because my AppleMac automatically downloads drivers for a range of modern printers. Just had to set the default printer in Tools. So up and running very quickly and if it still works in a year I'll give it an extra star and that will be a good result for me. I've got three old printers in the garage waiting to be thrown away.

Canadian Rockies: A Complete Photographic Portrait
Canadian Rockies: A Complete Photographic Portrait
by Sabrina Grobler

3.0 out of 5 stars Just OK., 22 Oct 2013
An inexpensive souvenir of this part of the world. It's OK but some of the photos I took on our trip are at least as good, so, if you want a great pictorial record you will need to look at more expensive options.

Spectacular Alaska
Spectacular Alaska
by Charles P. Wohlforth

5.0 out of 5 stars Great photos, 22 Oct 2013
This review is from: Spectacular Alaska (Hardcover)
I bought this to bring back memories of a recent trip and the photos are amazing. It's better than the books for sale on the cruise ship and reasonably priced

The Marrying of Chani Kaufman: Longlisted for Man Booker Prize 2013
The Marrying of Chani Kaufman: Longlisted for Man Booker Prize 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars One of a kind, 22 Oct 2013
Unusual storyline and insight into the lives of orthodox Jews in North West London. Harris describes an insular (almost suffocating) environment and the reader sympathises with characters who are locked into a way of life because of tradition and the fear of stepping outside rigid parameters.
Nice easy to read style, the book flows easily from character to character and there's much of Pride and Prejudice's Lizzie about Chani, which makes her a most appealing heroine.

Pintoy Wooden Trike
Pintoy Wooden Trike

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks good - feels good, 25 July 2013
This review is from: Pintoy Wooden Trike (Baby Product)
Just a quality wooden toy that is colourful and appealing to little ones. Assembles easily. Already a favourite with my grandson.

Delonghi Icona Pump Espresso Coffee Machine, Aubergine
Delonghi Icona Pump Espresso Coffee Machine, Aubergine

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect....so far, 25 July 2013
I like "flat white" so steamer performance is as important as espresso. It delivers both every time. BUT I've already sent back two espresso makers to De'Longhi this year after only a few days and have little confidence in their short term durability let alone long term. I have emailed De'Longhi about quality control issues but they have not responded. It's Amazon who have to deal with my frustration.

I got so fed up with De'Longhi that I ordered a Which? best buy Morphy Richards but it doesn't steam effectively and sent it back within a few days. No-one who enjoys latte would want to use this product which I would describe as useless.

So have gone back to De'Longhi. One month in and only time will tell.

Morphy Richards Accents 47586 Espresso Maker 15 Bar - Red
Morphy Richards Accents 47586 Espresso Maker 15 Bar - Red

1.0 out of 5 stars Can't make lattes, 22 Jun 2013
Steamer creates big bubbles and not the thick foam you need for latte. If you only drink espresso, this may work well for you but I sent it back after a week following umpteen efforts to produce good steamed milk and I've been making quality lattes for years now.

Simba Smoby KS Garden Slide
Simba Smoby KS Garden Slide
Offered by Splash And Relax

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for little ones, 22 Jun 2013
This review is from: Simba Smoby KS Garden Slide (Toy)
Bought for adventurous two year old and a hit from the start. Well made and colourful. Not bad price. Hard to find fault.

De'Longhi Coffee Machine EC220.CD
De'Longhi Coffee Machine EC220.CD
Offered by eTwist

4.0 out of 5 stars Lasted 2 months, 29 Mar 2013
Makes great latte. Steamer is foolproof. Would score 5 if model was designed to allow a bit more room for cups. Only time will tell if reliability is better than the two Delonghi EC 250's I have recently returned. My first Delonghi was great for a couple of years before I replaced it. This is the last chance for Delonghi to regain this customer's loyaly and confidence. I emailed them about faulty products but no response.

Ok, used it for two months before the steamer failed. No quibble refund from Amazon but they must get a lot of aggravation selling Delonghi espresso makers as this is the third I have returned this year.

Page: 1 | 2