Profile for 212elisa > Reviews

Content by 212elisa

212elisa

WOMENS WELL JEL RHINESTONE DIAMANTE TANK TOP~ LADIES 10- 16[Black,Womens Size 10]
Offered by Twisted Envy

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 5 Aug 2014
Good quality and not expensive as worn once for a hen night

The Healing Power of Crystals
The Healing Power of Crystals
by Cass Jackson

1.0 out of 5 stars Confused, 24 July 2014
I didn't buy this book on Amazon but on p17 blue is not mentioned as a colour for healing, the throat is given as pink, turn the page and apparently the throat chakra is now relating to blue but has a picture of rose quartz, big editing mistake perhaps? Not sure about the rest of the book now

The Skinny Jeans Vegan Anti-Aging Solution - Nutrition, Diet and Lifestyle Secrets for Younger Looking Skin, a Healthy Body, and a New You

5.0 out of 5 stars wish it was a bit longer, 21 Jan 2014
Really enjoyed this short read, I think I am at a stage ready to take on this lifestyle change hence reading this but it's good to hear other experiences and reinforce the end goal

Salads To Go
Salads To Go

4.0 out of 5 stars good, 19 Jan 2014
This review is from: Salads To Go (Kindle Edition)
Not many recipes but a brilliant concept to get started on. Can think of your own salads or change ones given

Spider-Man Colouring Fun (Marvel Colouring Fun)
Spider-Man Colouring Fun (Marvel Colouring Fun)
by Marvel

2.0 out of 5 stars very thin, 10 Dec 2012
I thought from the picture and description (and price) i was getting a really good bumper book - its not

Mummy from Hell: Two Brothers. A Sadistic Mother. A Childhood Destroyed.
Mummy from Hell: Two Brothers. A Sadistic Mother. A Childhood Destroyed.

5.0 out of 5 stars mummy from hell, 27 April 2012
Such a disturbing story, the account of what this woman did to her own children is unbelievable and very difficult to read. I contacted Kenneth via facebook as there is no indication of what happened to their mother/the authorities and without spoiling the book the answer is nothing! I hope people read this book and act on the authors' wish that people will petition the Irish prime minister for justice for victims of abuse - the strength and courage of these two men in spite of their horrific experiences is inspiring.
Only bad point about the kindle version (maybe just mine as its a phone app) is that I was unable to read the documents in the appendix.

I Miss Mummy: The true story of a frightened young girl who is desperate to go home
by Cathy Glass

2.0 out of 5 stars Really Disappointed, 19 April 2012
I was looking forward to reading this book on account of the brilliant reviews it, and the author has received. Yes it is a moving story but I can't stand people full of self importance and it is so++ patronising - explanations for simple things given in brackets, I think people who are inclined to book reading are unlikely to require explanations and would have the capacity to look up a word they didn't understand. It's also suggestive that the reader knows nothing about children and I feel given the subject matter the audience is likely to be parents, foster carers, social workers etc. who do actually have some knowledge.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 12, 2014 4:18 PM GMT

Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project
Life in a Jar: The Irena Sendler Project
by Jack Mayer

4.0 out of 5 stars Needs to be read, 15 April 2012
I read a little about Irena Sendler on the net and was really keen to read the book. Irena's story is compelling, amazing and heartbreaking and one that everyone should know about. I found the format of the book a bit frustrating - it is split into three sections, two of which heavily focus on the lives of the students and is more about 'their play' and subsequent events. I also felt the authors tried to cram in every piece of information of what they did and buy the time I had finished the very long third section I had almost forgotten the extreme emotion and tears experienced when reading Ireana's story in the middle. One other thing that bugged me is I felt there was a lot of American ownership going on and talking about 9/11 etc but like it says in the book (several times ++)we would know about this amazing lady otherwise. I've given 4 stars as I feel this is reflective on the writing style and authors as opposed to the story but I would definately recommend reading it.