Profile for C. Tait > Reviews

Content by C. Tait

C. Tait "Cat man" (London)

Page: 1 | 2
Mechanical Bull
Mechanical Bull
Offered by Side Two

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 29 Sep 2013
This review is from: Mechanical Bull (Audio CD)
Must admit, I was never a fan of "Come Around Sundown" which came as a bit of a disappointment after "Only By The Night".

I have been listening to this album the whole weekend on Spotify (sorry Amazon, maybe later!) and must say I am really liking it. A lot.

Can't think of any weak tracks and it gets more enjoyable with every listen. Right up there my favourite KOL albums OBTN and BOTT.

Nice one boys. A real musical treat.

One Fine Day [Blu-ray] [1996]
One Fine Day [Blu-ray] [1996]
Dvd ~ George Clooney

5.0 out of 5 stars My favourite romantic film of all time, 16 Sep 2013
Sigh, watched my old dvd of this again last night. Who knows, maybe tonight too. I'm just in the mood at the moment (but I won't say her name!)

I could never really understood the mediocre "official" reviews this film received. It has to be my favourite romantic comedy of all time and I fall in love with it over and over again.

I think the pundits had some kind of problem with Pfeiffer and Clooney being "impossibly glamorous" (and therefore the film being unrealistic) but it's a really stupid argument. Whilst they are both fabulous looking, what strikes you rather is that they possess a wonderful screen chemistry, adding to the intense underlying romantic premise of the film.

I honestly find this movie impossible to fault. A fab fab film to fall in love with (in love to!) for all time.

Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dredd (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray)
Dvd ~ Karl Urban

5.0 out of 5 stars Top class!, 9 Oct 2012
I absolutely loved this film. I saw it three times at the cinema and was riveted to the screen each time. Dark, brooding and intelligent: this is a story of real justice, dished out in real time. Karl Urban is fantastic as Dredd and I hope he gets due credit for his performance. Great supporting cast too. Can't recommend this highly enough and can't wait for the blu-ray.

Contagion [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Contagion [DVD + UV Copy] [2012]
Dvd ~ Matt Damon
Offered by gowingsstoreltd

1.0 out of 5 stars Snoozefest, 29 Oct 2011
There is a rumour going around that if you say "Contagion" three times you will fall asleep instantly. Let me test the theory: "Contagion", "Contagion", "Contag....... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Therefore, if you're looking for a new way of counting sheep, watch this film.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 7, 2012 2:17 PM GMT

Body Talk
Body Talk

5.0 out of 5 stars This woman can do no wrong., 2 Aug 2011
This review is from: Body Talk (Audio CD)
I bought this on a whim and was completely blown away. Talent-wise, she is up these with fellow Scando-wizards Mew: simply on a different level. If you're sick of the depressing and mediocre efforts of most of today's so called musical "stars", then give this a spin.

Uplifting, invigorating and restoring one's faith in the gift of great music.

Lovarzi Women's Pink Jewellery Scarf with Beautiful Heart Pendants - Perfect Valentines Day Gift for Her
Offered by LOVARZI

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice!, 13 May 2011
Brought this for my niece in South Africa. She loved it and all her teeny friends want one now. The silver hearts make it very original.

Spiral Series 3 [DVD]
Spiral Series 3 [DVD]
Dvd ~ Caroline Proust

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 10 May 2011
This review is from: Spiral Series 3 [DVD] (DVD)
About halfway through the recent Danish crime drama "The Killing", I was thinking that it might turn out to be the best series I'd ever seen. By the end, however, I was very disappointed.

"Spiral", on the other hand, is truly brilliant from start to finish. If the makers of "The Killing" are planning a second series then they would do well to take some notes: "Spiral" is grittier, more realistic, better acted/scripted/plotted and, most importantly, never gets too clever for its own good.

Oh, and if hot-blooded (or just plain hot) redheads are your thing, just wait till Audrey Fleurot pitches up onscreen. Good Lord!
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Aug 9, 2011 8:55 AM BST

The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
The Killing - Series 1 [DVD] [2010]
Dvd ~ Sofie Gråbøl

3.0 out of 5 stars Let down by the ending..., 9 May 2011
When I first started watching this, I thought it had the potential to be the greatest crime series ever. However, by the end I did feel let down and think it was because by then the whole "red herring" (no Scando-pun intended) thing had got a bit tiresome and formulaic. The ending itself was incredibly lame. I eventually lost all empathy for most of the leading characters and the heroine herself just seemed more and more selfish and silly.

From what I have seen far, the Fench drama "Spiral" is much better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: May 10, 2011 11:47 AM BST

Somewhere In Time
Somewhere In Time

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic: Still holds up well!, 19 Mar 2011
This review is from: Somewhere In Time (Audio CD)
Not often I write reviews but thought I would for this one. I remember first listening to this as a fourteeen-year old travelling in a car from Durban to Johannesburg. Didn't know at the time I was listening to a future masterpiece!

Anyway, after more than 20 years, I ordered the cd for a bit of a nostalgic listen. Was I ever blown away. Honestly, this is one of the greatest metal albums ever. The real standout tracks for me are "Stranger in a Strange Land" and "Sea of Madness" but the whole thing is great. The guitar work is consistantly brilliant and Bruce Dickinson's vocal attack is unbelievable.

Overall, I would rate this as Maiden's finest album, eclipsing the follow-up "SSOASS" which is usually more highly rated. Don't delay: just buy it.

Live From The Royal Albert Hall [Blu-ray] [2010]
Live From The Royal Albert Hall [Blu-ray] [2010]
Dvd ~ Joe Bonamassa
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Guitar Heaven, 8 Jan 2011
This is a superb concert. The most surprising thing for me is how humble and softly-spoken Joe is in person...almost like a loveable guitar nerd. Then, when he steps on change, all that changes: Supreme confidence in his abilities, awesome playing, growling ballsy blues vocals and some great guitar showboating.

What a talent this guy is. His stunning rendition of ZZ Top's "Just got paid" is worth the dvd price on its own and one of the most awesome things I've seen in a long time. If you like guitars, get this now!!

Page: 1 | 2