Profile for Aphie > Reviews

Sportjock Womens Action Sports Bra
Sportjock Womens Action Sports Bra
Offered by Replaysports Free Shipping

5.0 out of 5 stars Sportjock Action Sports Bra, 18 Oct 2013
I wasn't sure about sportjock initially but they always get great reviews and I was having difficulty getting a sports bra that fitted well and was comfortable enough to go running for 2-3 hrs at a time. Even when the bra arrived I was a little dubious... it really doesn't look like it should do the job! It's actually the best sports bra I've ever tried, fits beautifully, extremely comfortable and very supportive. It didn't take long for me to decide to ditch my shock absorber bras, this is far better fitting and keeps everything in place when I'm running without chaffing.

Don't be put off by the simplicity of it, the bra may look like a simple crop top but it performs fantastically. I've tried shock absorber and moving comfort but this is definitely my favourite.

Booja Booja Champagne Truffles Box 150 g (Organic)
Booja Booja Champagne Truffles Box 150 g (Organic)
Price: 9.49

5.0 out of 5 stars Booja Booja, 27 Feb 2013
These are the most amazing chocolates that I have ever tasted! They are very rich with a soft, melting centre and, although pricey, definately worth the money if you are looking for a special treat. As a bonus for all of the herbivores out there, they are also vegan.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value, 24 Dec 2012
This is a really nice little tablet. I'm used to using an android tablet so the interface seemed a little strange at first but it's easy to get to grips with. Currently there aren't as many apps as for other systems but that is something that will only really change with more users of the device.

The screen is very clear and bright and all of the apps that I have used have run smoothly, also you have the added bonus of being able to watch lovefilm instant on it.

This is a great little tablet for entertainment (if you want more of a workhorse then you would probably want a 10" tablet) and for the price it is a great piece of kit.

Ronhill Women's Trackster Evolution - Black/Flou Yellow, 12 UK
Ronhill Women's Trackster Evolution - Black/Flou Yellow, 12 UK
Price: 24.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Trackster Evolution, 24 Dec 2012
This is the second pair of tracksters that I have bought and overall I am quite happy with them. They are a good basic item for running, cycling or walking which will repel enough water to keep you dry on a drizzly day and also work well enough at keeping you cool in the summer. The two zipped pockets are of decent size and there are reflective strips on the calves for those dark mornings.
I have only given three stars because there are a few things that let these down slightly. The fit is way too big... you definitely need to buy a size down from usual. The material feels quite 'plasticy' and although it does seem to wear and wash well it is just a little cheap feeling. They are a peculiar fit, with the waist seeming very large. This isn't a huge issue as they have a drawstring to pull them tighter.
Overall they are decent enough, not a great product but when my last pair finally wore out I was happy enough to get another pair.

Meditation Now or Never
Meditation Now or Never
Price: 4.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Now or Never!, 24 Dec 2012
This is a really good introduction to Zen meditation. It is written in a straightforward way with clear instructions and explanation to help you to understand what Zen meditation is (and isn't!). I found that this book dispelled a lot of misconceptions that I had about the process and also guided me through the 'what to dos' and 'what to expects' in a very practical way. This is by far the most easily accessible and down to earth guide to Zen and meditation that I have read and I would highly recommend it to anyone, whether they are just curious about it or looking to start meditating themselves.

Warrior Princess -- Xena: Warrior Princess Adult T-Shirt, Small
Warrior Princess -- Xena: Warrior Princess Adult T-Shirt, Small
Offered by S.A.B.

5.0 out of 5 stars Xena T-Shirt, 24 Dec 2012
This is a really nice t-shirt with good quality printing on it. The material is a decent weight and it's a good fit (small fits nicely for size 10).

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars vivobarefoot brilliance, 26 May 2012
These must be the most comfortable shoes that I have ever owned. I was a little worried about sizing because I had seen that for some other styles the VVBF shoes tended to be a little small, but I ordered these in my usual size and they fit perfectly.
The shoe has a comfortable and flexible fit, with excellent grip for off-road adventuring. They are well ventilated, quick drying, plus they look pretty good too!

I find that my toes have ample room to spread out, and the zero drop sole means that forefoot running comes much more naturally. Anyone new to the barefoot style of running can get some really good advice on the vivobarefoot site.

Finding Ultra: Rejecting Middle Age, Becoming One of the World's Fittest Men, and Discovering Myself
Price: 5.46

3.0 out of 5 stars Finding Ultra, 24 May 2012
Half of this book is an enjoyable account of how a life can be turned around to achieve something truly amazing. Unfortunately for the other 50% of this book I felt like a was stuck in an ad break. The constant product pushing was a real turn off for me. The narrative tends to jump around and sometimes I was left wondering if I had somehow jumped back a few pages by accident.

Unfortunately this book just didn't quite match up to expectation and to some of the truly inspiring and engaging stories out there (Mud, Sweat and Tears - An Irish Woman's Journey of Self-Discovery by Moire O'Sullivan being a great example). It's not a terrible book, but one which could have been so much better.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jun 25, 2013 8:46 PM BST

EzyDog Quick Fit Harness Black L
EzyDog Quick Fit Harness Black L
Price: 21.24

5.0 out of 5 stars EzyDog quick fit harness, 6 Mar 2012
I have tried a few Ezydog products now and have found them all to be of excellent quality and design. If there is a flaw to be found then it is that the sizing is not as intuitive as other brands and so you do really need to measure! As a guide, my border collie is very petite at about 18 kg and can (just) fit a medium but is better suited to a large size. The harness is very sturdy and she seems comfortable wearing it. The floating D-ring is a great idea as it allows her to wander ahead on long walks without the lead getting caught up. The initial adjustment is fairly straightforward and after that the harness is really is 'quick fit'. Over the dog's head and then on clip to do.
I'm a definite Ezydog convert!!

EzyDog Neo Dog Collar, Medium, Black
EzyDog Neo Dog Collar, Medium, Black
Price: 14.01

5.0 out of 5 stars Best collar I've ever bought!, 14 Feb 2012
I bought this collar because I was looking for something slightly wider than the normal ones and I wanted one which my dog could wear in the sea without it corroding.

I was surprised at how rigid the collar was however that is mostly because the it is so well padded. It did bend into shape easily and the medium size is a good fit for my very petite collie but I would agree that the sizing is quite small compared to other products. The extra width makes it gentler on her neck and the soft, padded material prevents it from rubbing.

This is by far the best made collar I have ever bought. It is fast-drying, sturdy and excellent quality.