Profile for Faye Belle > Reviews

Content by Faye Belle

Faye Belle "Woo-Chan" (uk)

Page: 1 | 2
Bio-Kult Candea - Pack of 60 Capsules
Bio-Kult Candea - Pack of 60 Capsules

4.0 out of 5 stars so I don't feel I can really judge the results yet - I like to wait 6 weeks before deciding about any supplement, 18 Oct. 2014
I have only been taking these for a few weeks, so I don't feel I can really judge the results yet - I like to wait 6 weeks before deciding about any supplement. However, I have experienced some symptoms of candida die off, so I think they are doing the trick. I also want to say that I haven't had any problems with the garlic at all. I don't taste the garlic and it doesn't repeat on me. They are capsules so the garlic doesn't directly touch your tongue when you take them. I also find the size of the capsules is fine, no larger than an average paracetamol. The other reviews almost put me off trying these, so I wanted to share my experience as it is very different.

Great Gizmos Zoob 75
Great Gizmos Zoob 75

2.0 out of 5 stars Great at first, 19 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Great Gizmos Zoob 75 (Toy)
My son got these for his birthday last year and at first he loved them and played with them a lot, but over time some weaknesses in this toy have become apparent. The first thing is that they are very limited in what you can make with them. There aren't enough different shaped parts to make a variety of different things. My son just makes the same things over and over again. The second thing is that they are not strong enough. A few months ago the plastic on the connecting sections started to snap. My son doesn't play with them roughly, so it seems this is due to the plastic being too brittle. Considering the price of this toy I am very disappointed by this. If you are paying £20 for moulded plastic then it should at least last more than a year. After about 10 months a third of the pieces are useless and he doesn't even play with it very much. If I could go back in time I would choose something more versatile and hard wearing.

Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans: Over 100 Nomtastic Recipes!
Nom Nom Paleo: Food for Humans: Over 100 Nomtastic Recipes!
by Henry Fong

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful book and fantastic recipes, 15 Feb. 2014
I have been eating paleo for about 18 months and have lost 4 1/2 stone and improved my health immensely. Until I bought this book I just got paleo recipes from the internet or adapted recipes from my other books. However I was tempted into buying this by the cute style of the book and the great reviews. I am so glad I bought it because it is lovely to look at and there is something more satisfying about reading a book rather than surfing the web.

I have made quite a few of the recipes and they have all been lovely. Basic paleo favourites like zoodles and cauliflower rice are included which makes it suitable for people who are new to paleo, but there are also more complex and unusual recipes for the more experienced. My absolute favourite is the peruvian chicken which is amazing. The instructions are easy to follow and there aren't too many wacky ingredients that are impossible to find. I love that the book has US and British measures and oven temp conversion chart at the back so that I can easily look up the info I need.

Overall I really love this book and I would highly recommend it.

Snowman Small
Snowman Small
Offered by Theme Fancy Dress

4.0 out of 5 stars So cute!, 24 Mar. 2013
My son loved wearing his snowman outfit to all his parties at Christmas and he looked very cute in it. The hat was a bit big and fell down over his face a lot, but other than that it is great.

Bentwood Chair With Natural Cushion
Bentwood Chair With Natural Cushion

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 24 Mar. 2013
I bought this chair to use occasionally for when we have guests and it is great for that purpose. It looks good tucked away in the corner and is good quality for the price. The foam is pretty thin and you can feel the strapping underneath it, which isn't particularly comfortable when you have been sitting in it for a while. For that reason I wouldn't recommend it for everyday use.

Cooksmart Kids Robots 3-Piece Spring Loaded Cutters
Cooksmart Kids Robots 3-Piece Spring Loaded Cutters

4.0 out of 5 stars Great fun., 24 Mar. 2013
I bought these for my robot mad little boy and he loves them. They make great biscuits with lots of detail. My only criticism is that the biscuits come out a bit on the large size.

Hell Bunny 50's Dixie Retro Dress Blue - Size 12 (M)
Hell Bunny 50's Dixie Retro Dress Blue - Size 12 (M)
Offered by Tiger Milly

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful dress!, 24 Mar. 2013
I love this dress! I bought it to wear to my sisters vintage hen party and it was perfect. The cut is flattering and the quality is good. I didn't need a petticoat as it flares out nicely without one, especially if you use starch spray when you iron it. It was really good fun to wear and really got me in the mood for a fantastic night out.

PME Plain Edge Side Scraper Cake Decorating/Sugarcraft
PME Plain Edge Side Scraper Cake Decorating/Sugarcraft
Offered by Direct4Crafts Ltd

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 24 Mar. 2013
For some reason I thought this was going to be a metal scraper, it clearly says it is plastic, so my fault entirely. I was unsure whether it would be right as my book recommends to use a metal one. However it gave my buttercream cake a nice smooth finish, so I have no complaints. My only criticism is that it is more expensive than I have seen elsewhere for a plastic scraper.

The Primal Blueprint: Reprogramme your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health and boundless energy
by Mark Sisson

5.0 out of 5 stars 6 months on and 3 stone lighter!, 9 Feb. 2013
I have been following the Primal Blueprint for 6 months now and I have lost 3 stone. My adult acne and IBS have also completely gone. I don't have to starve myself and I no longer get horrible sugar cravings all the time. I look and feel great and would never go back to my old way of eating. I think other reviewers have said enough about the book itself, so I will just give a couple of tips based on my experience of following the recommendations in the book.

The blueprint is so different to how I was living and eating before that I found it a bit overwhelming to make so many changes overnight, so instead I introduced them gradually. I started with cutting out bread, then the next week caffeine, then sugar etc. It took me about 6 weeks to fully adjust, but I think this was much easier mentally and physically than doing it all at once.

Try not to get too stuck in a food rut. Whenever I find myself feeling a bit bored with Primal eating I get my recipe books out and come up with some new dishes to try. I also find it good to keep a few meals in the freezer for those days when I just can't be bothered to cook from scratch. That way I'm not tempted to have a take-away or something for convenience's sake.

I would recommend looking at Marks website marksdailyapple.com . There is a lot of information on there and you can get some free exercise and recipe PDFs. The success stories section is particularly good if you are in need of some inspiration. Some of the people on there have been through some truly amazing transformations.

I wholeheartedly recommend this book to anyone wanting to lose weight and/or improve their health.

Vie Patch - VITAMIN B12 PLUS 10 - 6 Patches. No More Feeling Tired Or Sluggish. 100% Natural. 1 Month Supply
Offered by Rare Gear

1.0 out of 5 stars Did absolutely nothing for me, 17 April 2012
I ordered these as I have very low levels of B12 and was suffering from deficiency symptoms. I started off taking Jarrow formula B12 lozenges and found my symptoms started to go, but decided to switch to these patches for convenience. What a mistake! All my symptoms have returned and I can only conclude that the B12 is not getting into my system. These patches are a complete waste of money and I would not recommend them. Try the lozenges instead, they aren't as convenient, but they actually work.

Jarrow Formulas Methyl-B12, 1000mcg, 100 Lozenges