Profile for FraserM > Reviews

Robex Snack Bowl, Orange
Robex Snack Bowl, Orange
Price: 4.23

3.0 out of 5 stars Sticky Bottom, 1 Feb 2014
These bowls look great, but the material they are made from is a bit light-weight. For a bowl I was hoping for something a bit weightier than this, it is basically a plastic type of material.

My biggest bug-bear with these bowls is the stupid sticky label they have put on the bottom of them. They are just impossible to remove without leaving a sticky mess on the bottom. I have tried everything from soapy hot water, to MANY runs through the dishwasher. But even now when I put the bowl down somewhere, it sticks to whatever surface it is sat on, or your fingers while you are carrying them!

In summary, good looking, and especially useful to bowl-slip concerned people who go on bumpy plane-rides, or live on a hill.

Frankenstein latex mask
Frankenstein latex mask

4.0 out of 5 stars Good details, but a few tips.., 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Frankenstein latex mask (Toy)
I like this mask, it is well detailed and pretty scary - but there are a few things to be aware of:

Firstly, it is very large! I have a fairly large head (I`m 6'3"), and the issue with this mask is that the forehead space is so large that your head just slips all the way up into it! I found a bit of "boob tape" stuck to the inside of the masks forehead works nicely, so that the mask in effect sticks to your own forehead and doesn't slip down. You can line it up with your eyes then.

Secondly, the neck line - when the mask is positioned correctly, you need to have a high collar item of clothing for best effect, otherwise you just see the end of the mask showing. The neck is pretty baggy as well due to the size of it.

Finally, it gets verrrry hot inside! I wore this for a couple of hours at a party and was very hot inside after that time, so wear with caution! On a positive note, if you are at a party, you can fit a bottle of beer through the mouth. :-)

That said, I`m pleased with it and it will get people second-looking for sure.

Buffalo Airstation NFINITI WL-N 300MBPS Wireless Broadband Router and Access Point

1.0 out of 5 stars Maybe it was defective.., 27 Dec 2012
I bought this to replace another Buffalo wireless access point product I have been using previously, and I count myself as technically competent - I`ve installed many access points for people previously.

For this one, I truly hope it is defective, but I cant be bothered to try another one to find out! It would just take many minutes to load an initial configuration page then timeout after that. Frustrating waste of time and disappointing for a Buffalo product.

Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
Sennheiser RS 170 Closed Digital Wireless Over-Ear Headphone
Price: 169.99

3.0 out of 5 stars Great sounds, with gripes., 24 April 2011
I bought these headphones mainly for listening to music, and even though many reviews comment on how good they are for movies, I personally think they are great for music too. They are comfy to wear. The base station charger works well.

These are however "Wireless" headphones, and this is where the design has failed in my opinion, and why I am considering returning them.

1) My biggest issue is the fact that when you come to use the headphones, you have to actually go to the base unit to turn the base unit on. It turns itself off after a certain period of time of no music playing. The base unit has to live where your music source is. So when I wake up early on a Sunday morning and want to listen to a couple of tunes in bed, I`d have expected to just reach for the headphones, and use them (together with my wireless music controller unit). Not possible without a trip downstairs first I`m afraid.

2) The range has been pretty dissapointing for me. I`ll admit, I have a lot of wireless gear around the house, all operating around the same sort of range. Network, baby monitor, electricity monitor, water monitor, phone. But ultimately, if I walk from my louge into my kitchen, about 10m away from the base and through a couple of walls, it begins cutting out. It would be interested to turn all of the wireless gear off in my house to see if its a feature of the headphones, or if its my own doing. All my other wireless devices play nicely together, so why don't these headphones? They are supposed to choose a clear channel to avoid such issues.

3) The buttons on the headphones are a little badly designed. Many reviews reported that they were a bit small. I feel they are sized fine, but why did someone decide to put the Power on/off button in between the Volume up and Volume down buttons? I dont mind fumbling around a little trying to find the volume, or pressing Volume down by mistake instead of Volume up, but in trying to find the volume button if I turn the headphones off, that is annoying to me.

So, love the headphones themselves, but really, I bought them for their wireless ability, and thats a fail for me I`m afraid.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Apr 29, 2011 7:08 PM BST

BaByliss For Men 7855U I-Trim Stubble+ Trimmer
BaByliss For Men 7855U I-Trim Stubble+ Trimmer

1.0 out of 5 stars Avoid this trimmer, 30 Jan 2010
I got this for Christmas, it looks great and has a nice stand for when its charging. That is about as good as it gets though.

1) The battery life is terrible, as per other reviews. Very often I would start shaving and... it would stop half way through.

2) It doesnt seem to have been designed by anyone who has ever trimmed their beard. If like me, you trim the length of your beard then like to remove the guide to tidy up the edges directly, avoid buying this. If you have the length set short, to remove the guide you need to hold down the length adjust button and wait for the guide to rise up to the maximum height before you can remove the guide. Trim, then put the guide back on, and then re-adjust it back down to a short length. For those rushed mornings, this is slow and annoying.

3) Mine seemed to develop a fault whereby the little screen would report it was at the maximum length, when actually it was at the minimum.

A dissapointing effort. I have exchanged it for a Remmington MC320C, I hope this one is better!
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Feb 18, 2010 10:34 AM GMT