Profile for janet planet > Reviews

Content by janet planet

janet planet

No Title Available

2.0 out of 5 stars cheap and nasty, 17 Jan 2014
This item is cheap and it looks cheap. If you are buying it for fancy dress or for a little girls dressing up box- fine but not otherwise (maybe the positive ratings people have given are because they bought it for this reason). It is too shiny and sparkly so just looks- well -cheap and nasty. i won't be wearing it unless going to a fancy dress party as Galadriel.

Silver Treble Clef Music Note Brooch
Silver Treble Clef Music Note Brooch

5.0 out of 5 stars simple and effective, 5 May 2013
This is what it says on the tin - a music stave brooch. Nice and simple. This is for a present but it would be hard to dislike it. Came in a nice box too.

Third Shift: Pact
Third Shift: Pact
Price: 1.49

4.0 out of 5 stars good read, 5 May 2013
This review is from: Third Shift: Pact (Kindle Edition)
I liked all these books once I got into them and kept buying them as they hooked me in. Will get more from this author.

A Discovery of Witches
A Discovery of Witches
Price: 5.49

2.0 out of 5 stars DULL DULL DULL, 5 May 2013
I had been recommended this book by a friend but having read quite a few of the poor reviews I was uncertain. Unfortunately I agreed with the poor reviews. Perhaps 2 stars is a bit harsh but this book was DULL DULL DULL. I did not care about the characters (they were dull) and it all felt rather tedious with not much happening a lot of the time. It picked up about three quarters of the way through but not for long. I am surprised I managed to finish it and I won't be buying the follow ups. If you want really good vampire books, check out The Morganville Vampires series. SO much better (in my 'umble opinion).

Yorkshire Dales: A Dog Walker's Guide
Yorkshire Dales: A Dog Walker's Guide
by Rob Godfrey
Price: 7.99

5.0 out of 5 stars With or without dog, 2 Jan 2012
I really liked this book and have done 6 of the walks so far and not got lost! (and with a lot of walking books I have used previously this has not been the case). The directions are clear and easy to follow and the walks I went on were beautiful. I liked the fact that I could find a dog friendly pub for after the walk (very important!) and this made my dog happy too. You do not need a dog to enjoy these walks or find this book useful. The only thing I would say is that average times for each walk (rather than just distance) would have been handy although I am a slow walker so it might not apply to me anyway. Highly recommended.

Daddy's Home (A Holly Jennings Thriller Book 1)
Daddy's Home (A Holly Jennings Thriller Book 1)

3.0 out of 5 stars kept me reading, but..., 29 May 2011
I had read the other reviews on this and thought it sounded good (not sure how it comes up in Amazon under 'romance', however given it is crime fiction). Whilst the story idea is quite good, the book is badly written and the layout and mistakes in it jar. For example, within 2 sentences the spelling of Lynne changes to Lyn; someone is in one country and then complains to themselves because they can't use their mobile out of it but name a completely different country! That was annoying so it needs proof reading. It also needs to be set out better as sometimes it was hard to work out who was speaking. Lots of cliches and it was pretty predictable so I am not sure why other reviewers found this so good.
Comment Comments (5) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Nov 17, 2012 6:01 AM GMT

BLOOD
BLOOD

4.0 out of 5 stars Bloody!, 3 April 2011
This review is from: BLOOD (Kindle Edition)
I read the authors previous book and enjoyed that although 'enjoy' is not perhaps the right word given the graphic details in both. If it were a film I would be watching this between my fingers I think! I like the heroin who is quite querky but found some of it not very believable. She gets panic attacks at the drop of a hat but when she sees something REALLY nasty she is fine. Does not quite add up. I would read more from this writer and found it a page turner even if it is rather grissley. Perhaps that is part of the appeal.

Diamonds To Dust [Us Import]
Diamonds To Dust [Us Import]
Price: 24.99

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 20 Mar 2011
I loved this album and bought it after after hearing Gurf on the radio being interviewed by Bob Harris. All the tracks are great. He has a deep gravelly voice which I really like. The title track, Diamonds to Dust would be a great track to play at a funeral. Thought I might get it played at mine!

Relentless (Dominion Trilogy #1)
Relentless (Dominion Trilogy #1)

3.0 out of 5 stars good story, bad writing, 20 Mar 2011
I liked this book. It kept me turning the pages and I liked the main character. The idea was a good one even though the concept of 'the one' is an old one. Not sure what I thought of the ending. Unfortunately for me, this book was let down by the amateurish and cliched writing but it was the author's first book so perhaps he will improve on this front. Not sure I would buy book 2 of the trilogy though.