Profile for Amazon Customer > Reviews

Content by Amazon Customer

Amazon Customer "Beeneyman" (UK)

Page: 1 | 2 | 3
Outsunny Large 1.8m Patio Garden Beach Sun Crank Umbrella Sunshade Folding Tilt Crank Parasol New

5.0 out of 5 stars High quality, 29 Sept. 2014
Fantastic and exactly what I was looking for. High quality and a great fit. The tilt function works perfectly by sliding the hinge cover upwards first.

Sell-Ideas® Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Ultra Slim / Light Case Wallet Cover Leather (PU) Black - N9000 GT-N9002 N9005 16GB 32GB Smart Book Protective Magnetic Folio Flip Case (Prem Leather Stand Wallet - Black)

5.0 out of 5 stars Full marks from me, 29 Sept. 2014
I got this case as a back up but it turned out to be the best case I've used for the Galaxy Note 3. Unlike the vast majority other case manufacturers they have moved the clasp magnets (which hold the case closed) so the position does not interfere with the operation of the S-Pen or compass, so four stars just for this. This case looks great and fits the phone perfectly so full marks from me.

Fulton Magnum Auto Men's Umbrella Black One Size
Fulton Magnum Auto Men's Umbrella Black One Size

1.0 out of 5 stars Blew inside out in the first gust of wind, 2 Jan. 2014
I'm shocked bitterly disappointed at how quickly this umbrella blew inside out, literally within the first 10 seconds of my using it, in the first gust of strong wind, on the first day of 2014 in London. At least it didn't destruct completely and break apart like my old umbrella did, but all the same it was totally unexpected and not the level of performance it should have been at this price. I was left soaking wet and struggling to get the canopy back to its original position. This umbrella is definitely not windproof so my search continues for one that is. I think I'm going to just buy a golf umbrella in future, as they look quite tough and sturdy.

The Secret Race: Inside the Hidden World of the Tour de France: Doping, Cover-ups, and Winning at All Costs

5.0 out of 5 stars a great read, 14 Nov. 2013
A great read. This book was eye opening in the way it explained what some sports people will do to win and the lengths they will go to. The book leaves no doubt that Lance Armstrong doped his way to his wins, as did many others. Its a great human story about the quest for victory no matter what the cost.

iClever® 20V 3.25A Replacement Laptop / notebook AC / DC Adaptor Charger Power Supply for Fujitsu-Siemens Amilo Li1705 M1451G 1451G & Pi2512 Pi2515 Li 2727 Li2732 Li 2732 Li2735 Li 2735 Li2727 Li 2727 Li3710 Li 3710 Li3910 Li 3910 M1450G Pa1510 Pa 1510 Pi1502 Pi 1502 Pi1505 Pi 1505 Pi1506 Pi 1506 Pi2515 Pi 2515 Pi3625 Pi 3625 Si1520 Si 1520 Si2636 Si 2636 Si 3655 Si3655 with compatible number Delta : ADP-65HB AD / ADP-65HB BD

Accurist Men's Two Tone Multidial Watch MB938
Accurist Men's Two Tone Multidial Watch MB938

5.0 out of 5 stars Great looking watch, 30 Jun. 2012
This is a great watch that looks very impressive and expensive. The strap was too loose so I had to send it to their service centre for re-sizing at my own postage cost, but the repair was free and watch was returned quickly. The watch runs perfectly and looks good on my wrist.

AIO Black Gel Case Cover For Orange San Francisco + Screen Protector
AIO Black Gel Case Cover For Orange San Francisco + Screen Protector

5.0 out of 5 stars A perfect fit, 30 Jun. 2012
This case fits perfectly and hides the ugly orange logo on the underside of the phone. Being smooth rubber, it absorbs impact well.

Ployer Momo9 7 Inch Android 4.0.3 Capacitive Touch Screen 1.6GHz 8GB DDR3 Super Slim Tablet PC - 2160P & 3D Output - Flash 11.1 - New Google Play installed - All iPlayers and Flash Content Compatible - YouTube, Documents to Go, eMail, Maps all pre-installed, plus 1.3MP Camera

5.0 out of 5 stars A winning combination of price and performance, 30 Jun. 2012
I wanted a cheap but powerful tablet and this certainly fit the bill. It runs the latest android 4.0 software and it works smoothly. The processor, though single core, is fast and the 512mb of ram is perfectly adequate for most applications.

I've had this tablet for a few weeks now and although its not as fast as my SGS2 phone, the size of the screen makes this my first choice for more intensive portable computing and is also a good tablet to carry around the house.

So, why buy this tablet over similarly priced ones? The 4200mah battery is on the more powerful end of the scale which is especially important to me as I hate running out of juice and this one just keeps on going. The 1.3mp camera is above most other tablets in this price range. The price is significantly lower than similarly specced tablets.

It conveniently comes with a screen protector already on it, plus a spare. It also includes: a soft case, earphones, screen cleaning cloth, and USB connector cables free of charge, so make sure you check the bottom of the box for these as I almost didn't know they were there.

The wi - fi reception works extremely well and BBC iplayer works like a dream. Google Play store works perfectly, it lets you download apps with ease. The battery is amazing and I have used this for 9 hours at a time with no problem which makes a welcome change from the lower battery life of smartphones. It also lasts for days on standby. The screen is impressively bright even on the lowest brightness settings. Apps like Kindle are so much better on a screen like this and I actually prefer using this over my Kindle Touch, especially because the bright screen means it can be read in the dark. This can run high resolution videos and the clarity of the picture can be absolutely stunning at times, which is amazing considering the low price of this tablet.

Downsides: I haven't been able to get my 3G dongle to work with this yet, but this may be because I need to play around with it more, as the settings menu shows support for lots of dongles. You have to press the touchscreen a bit harder and longer than on a top range mobile phone like my SGS2. No vibration, no GPS, no inbuilt 3G. The resolution is not as sharp as what you would find on a smartphone, but it's generally not a massive problem and HD videos still play in a high resolution.

Overall, this is a fraction of the price of the top tablets, yet does 90 % of what they can do. I checked the specifications and sizes of similar priced android tablets and decided this was the best value all round. Also, it's cheaper than a laptop or net book and far more portable, with a longer lasting battery. I got a keyboard case separately and I find it the perfect solution for mobile computing. Obviously the other very expensive top of the range tablets are better and faster, but for what this is, it still packs a winning combination of price and performance.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Jul 15, 2012 2:13 PM BST

Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone
Samsung I9100 Galaxy S II 16 GB Sim Free Smartphone
Offered by Casky UK

5.0 out of 5 stars A great phone, 23 Jun. 2012
This is a great phone with a lovely big screen, expandable memory, fast processor, etc. I'm still amazed at all the things this phone can do. I was torn between getting this and the Galaxy Note but in the end I knew this would be a bit more practical as its much smaller. Only downsides: The GPS signal takes 20 seconds to fix your location properly, my old Nokia E63 which didn't even have GPS was able to triangulate my position within 3 seconds from phone mast signals so I don't why it's so much slower with the SGS2. The battery isn't good enough so I ended up buying an extended battery which solved the problem. Oh and don't buy a case with a magnetic clasp as the magnet WILL affect your phones operation. Overall, I have nothing but love for the SGS2.

Nokia E63 SIM-Free Mobile Phone - Blue
Nokia E63 SIM-Free Mobile Phone - Blue

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than a Blackberry, 23 Jun. 2012
I had this phone for 2 years (2010-2012) before moving onto the Orange San Francisco, then the Samsung Galaxy S2. I really love the Nokia E63 and I will never sell it as its such a great phone. Its based on the Nokia E71 which in its day was better than the current Blackberry. The battery on the E63 seems to last forever, easily well over 1 day of the heaviest use, and I was laughed when I saw my Iphone having friends bringing their chargers into work as their batteries would literally die after a couple of hours. The phone has no GPS but instead works by locking onto phone mast signals which trust me, is just as good as GPS. It finds your current location in 3 seconds, in contrast to my current Samsung Galaxy S2 which unbelievably takes 20 seconds. The keyboard is great, the torch function is useful and handy, the camera is good, the internet works best by installing Opera Mini as a browser. This phone never let me down, it was always fast and responsive with a stellar battery life, so glad I chose this over a Blackberry. Many people actually mistook the phone for a Blackberry whenever I used it, so why pay more? Only downside and the reason I eventually moved up to a Samsung Galaxy S2, is the small screen but that's no different from other similar phones.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3