Profile for One after 909 > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2
The Badge
The Badge

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 14 Mar. 2016
This review is from: The Badge (Kindle Edition)
An excellent book and and one of the best reads about a soldier today. Highly recommend.
Comment Comment (1) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Mar 14, 2016 5:19 PM GMT

Photoshop: The Photoshop Handbook: Simple Ways to Create Visually Stunning and Breathtaking Photos (Photography, Digital Photography, Creativity, Photoshop)

Case Logic DCB304 High Zoom Compact Digital Camera Bag
Case Logic DCB304 High Zoom Compact Digital Camera Bag

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Mar. 2016
Really good value and quite good quality

Kinps®24pcs Square Full + Graduated Filter Set + 9 Size Adapter Ring Filter Holder for cokin p series
Offered by Kinpsbuy

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 14 Mar. 2016
Really good value and quite good quality

Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11 (Mac) [Download]
Adobe Photoshop and Premiere Elements 11 (Mac) [Download]

1.0 out of 5 stars Product OK but poor very poor 'Download' service from Amazon, 20 Aug. 2013
The download time took considerably longer than described by Amazon and that I anticipated. I also had some difficulties in getting this up and running. When i spoke to Amazon they said "we can't help you contact Adobe" After many hours of being put through to the right department and at premium phone rates (at my expense!!) I eventually got there. Will not be using this service again and regret not downloading it direct from the Adobe web site.

The Digital Photographer's Guide to Filters: The Complete Guide to Hardware and Software Filtration (Digital Photographer's Guide To...)
by Ross Hoddinott

2.0 out of 5 stars Lacking in information and poor quality paper, 20 Aug. 2013
I'm a reasonably experienced photographer with good grounding in the exposure, speed & ISO ratio. I only mention this to help you gauge your ability and put this into context with the book. I found the book to lack detail for an experienced photographer but will be a good primer if you are just starting out. I specifically wanted to learn more about the use of ND filters and Polarisers. To be honest I have found more information in camera magazines available in the high street over the last couple of months. I also own 'The Landscape Photography Workshop' by the same author and co-authored by Mark Bauer which in comparison is an excellent book and provided a similar information on ND filter / polarisers. Impressed by the first book I thought this would provide further information but this left me disappointed. Poor quality matt granulated paper does not show some suburb and inspiring images in the best light. Call me old fashioned but photographic books should have good quality gloss paper.

67 67mm Circular POLARISING CPL Filter for Nikon Canon Fuji DSLR Camera
67 67mm Circular POLARISING CPL Filter for Nikon Canon Fuji DSLR Camera

4.0 out of 5 stars Good value, 20 Aug. 2013
Not a bad quality filter and does the job nicely. But I have upgraded to a square filter system simply because of the number of lenses I own

Armed Forces Tests (Practice Tests for the Army, RAF and Royal Navy) The Testing Series: 1
by Richard McMunn

5.0 out of 5 stars Helped my son pass his RT for the Royal Navy, 20 Aug. 2013
Great investment, my son worked for a week solid using this book and managed to pass his Recruitment Test (RT) with three times the score he needed to join his intended branch. Good quality paper and very good value. Better than other general books on the market. If you want to join HM Forces then this is a must-have in my opinion.

Photoshop Elements 10: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
Photoshop Elements 10: The Missing Manual (Missing Manuals)
by Barbara Brundage

2.0 out of 5 stars Snap Happy, 7 Jan. 2012
I find this book really heavy going. I pick it up and put it down again very quickly.

To me it's not in a logical order. I purchased Photoshop Elements 10 and this book to get up and running very quickly. There is lots of information but the book is quite academic and there is a wealth of information there. However, I have learned more by following examples in photographic magazines which take you from start to finish. I'm a visual person and prefer a step-by-step guide.
Comment Comments (2) | Permalink | Most recent comment: Oct 12, 2012 12:44 AM BST

Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control
Nikon ML-L3 Remote Control

5.0 out of 5 stars Snap happy !, 7 Jan. 2012
If you are in the market for an R/C you won't be disappointed with this Nikon ML-L3.

Great Nikon accessory that will improve your photography and stop camera shake for long exposures. Yes, I agree you could use the self-timer but with this gadget you press the button once to open the shutter and it will stay open until you press the button a second time. I have carried out exposures of over 2 minutes. (you can't do this with a self-timer)

I was surprised and pleased to find that that this device comes with a handy little pouch to keep it in and can be attached to your neck strap on a semi-permant bass. I have found this very handy as when working in the dark I just grab my camera, tripod and go. No rooting through your camera bag for the remote which is quite small and on the camera strap. It's about the size of a 9v battery and virtually weightless.

The price is also a bargain and is arguably one of the best-value genuine Nikon products. I know people who have purchased similar gadgets made by other manufactures that are incompatible even though the packaging states otherwise. As in everything it's a case of buyer be-aware. Go for the Nikon option !

Page: 1 | 2