Profile for A. J. Davey > Reviews

Content by A. J. Davey

A. J. Davey "FatMac" (London, UK)

Tre Mercati Millenium Low Pressure Handset
Tre Mercati Millenium Low Pressure Handset
Offered by Bradford Bathroom Company
Price: 33.77

1.0 out of 5 stars Edited - Much worse than a 12 shower head, 8 Jan 2014
We have relatively low pressure so when i read the reviews I thought i'd give this showerhead a whirl. Unfortunately it doesn't add a lot to the pressure, just spreads the spray around a bit and that's all. It's all a bit Disappointing. If you have low pressure, this really isn't the showerhead for you. **UPDATE** this is possibly one of the worst shower heads I have ever used. After 3 months it's basically down to a trickle. Just Awful,.

Sennheiser MM50iP Stereo Headset with integrated microphone - tailormade for the iPhone - Black

1.0 out of 5 stars Designed to fail, 21 July 2010
As reported these failed within 6 months. The sound is completely muffled in one earpiece. I've also had their noise cancellation headphones which had a 2 year guarantee and at least 6 different pairs were sent back and forth because of various faults, in the end you just give up.

Never again!

Handheld Console Value Pack (Includes Memory Stick, Battery Pack, Headphones, Demo Disc and More) (PSP)

5.0 out of 5 stars Blown Away! Awesome!, 30 Mar 2005
OK - so i've grown up with computer gaming - Sinclair ZX81, Vic20 and the Commodore 64. Since then my love affair with the gaming industry has been subdued! i've owned a Gameboy and more recently acquired a Gamecube that I never play.
So why did I decide to buy a PSP? well i'm in New York and there's a buzz! so I line up in the longest queue ever and wait from 7am to Midday - finally I get my hands on the machine.
I pop in the UMD cartridge of Ridge Racer and WOW! this is crazy! a handheld that's better than my Gamecube, in fact it's better than the PS2.
I've shown it to all the people at work and the general consensus is that they all want one - with picture better than a portable dvd player, gaming better than PS2 and wi-fi enabled. The Future has arrived - and as for the Nintendo DS - my cousin has been very pleased with his gaming until he saw my PSP and he's jealous as hell.
Nintendo - i'm sorry but your time is up.

Natural Mystic
Natural Mystic
Offered by Fulfillment Express
Price: 11.61

5.0 out of 5 stars The Legend that is Bob Marley., 13 Jan 2004
This review is from: Natural Mystic (Audio CD)
What am I doing buying Legend? you may ask. Well i've absolutely, brutally killed my last copy from years of playing, in fact it's over 10 years old and the time has come to replace it. Need I say more? Bob was a true Legend, the best Reggae artist that ever was and ever will be - you can never turn-off or dislike anything from this CD. The only problem with this album was the glaring missed entry of Trenchtown Rock, but hey! you'll need to dicover all Bob's albums for everything - start with this to get going. Enjoy! One Love/No Woman No Cry/ Buffalo Soldier etc etc etc etc etc.

TDK Outloud Stereo Black
TDK Outloud Stereo Black

5.0 out of 5 stars NXT Flat Panel Speaker Technology in a CD Case!!!!!, 13 Jan 2004
What amazes me about these Speakers (and CD Case, Lest I forget) is the quality of the sound. I sound tested 10 of my friends and none were ready for the volume, crisp bass and treble. Word of mouth has meant that nearly all have bought one, and have over Christmas bought some for family and friends. Will you be surprised - yep! i'm carrying mine around in my briefcase as it's not heavy and holds 24 CD's and you never know when you might need it as a speaker - it's been used for presentations on occasion. Anyway don't take my word for it, buy one and see. PS- I don't work for TDK, but if they want me to do some PR............

Sony DSC-P10 Digital Camera [5MP 3xOptical]
Sony DSC-P10 Digital Camera [5MP 3xOptical]

3.0 out of 5 stars Should and Could be better - but nothing beats the price!, 22 Sep 2003
I purchased the 2.1 MegaPixel DSC-P51 last year and was extremely happy with the quality of the pictures - the only trouble I had was trying to blow the pictures up. Faces became distorted and grainy, well what do you expect from 2.1 MegaPixel. Anyway fast-forward to this year and I purchased the DSC-P10, surely this would compare with the previous camera - however there have been some flaws to my new purchase and I thought you should know about it - no.1 The Battery is rechargable which is fine on small trips away from a power outlet, but horrible when you need to be out and about all day (battery time about 100 mins)Oh! and another battery will set you back over 50!!! no.2 Despite the fact it's a point and click camera - a lot of pictures will require you to be absolutely still as slight movement causes the pictures to become fuzzy or blurred - a common problem, but it's ten times worse than my previous Sony and quite a nuisance. No.3 Be prepared to spend money on lots of extras - a new Memory Stick Pro as anything under 256 MB holds hardly anything; a Carry Case- those of you familiar with Sony Cameras will know they cost extra (cheapest 19.99 but ill-fitting).
Despite these flaws - the price is a knockout 299.00, silly cheap for a 5 million megapixel camera and the facilites are as good if not better than most of the others.
The choice is yours.

Game Boy Player (GameCube)
Game Boy Player (GameCube)

5.0 out of 5 stars Big Screen Gameboy Madness, 14 Aug 2003
As I've owned my fair share of Gameboys and their games - I thought purchasing the Gameboy Player would be a perfect addition for my little collection.
The Gameboy Advance is very good on the move, but in the comfort of my own home - a 28" Widescreen version has got to be an added bonus - what's more the translation to big screen does not really affect the quality of the picture(it reminded me of the SNES). Added to this the funky borders and the extra quality in the sound (the Gameboy Advance SP's little speaker does no justice)and you've got an excellent piece of equipment.
So while I wait for MarioKart: Double Dash I can play the Advance Version now, in comfort with a wavebird - Lovely!.