Profile for MrZodiac > Reviews

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5
In The Minds Of Evil
In The Minds Of Evil

5.0 out of 5 stars A blasphemous Crusade, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: In The Minds Of Evil (Audio CD)
Starts off with the catchy title track and continues brutality from there. This is an album which sounds so aggressive and has such tight teeth grinding riffs that I feel almost inclined to wield my mace and go on a personal crusade against religious zealots myself. Fast paced tracks are in abundance and usually have some vocal part which will stick in ones head and make you attempt to growl along, stand out for me is 'Kill the light of Christ' which has guitars reminiscent of Black Metal, the final track is rather melodic and a good end to a Brutal audio assault. Deicide are still going strong and this album is one of my favourites of 2013.

Whales And Leeches
Whales And Leeches
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Sludge Metal/Hard Rock greatness, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Whales And Leeches (Audio CD)
This album is quite fast paced and has riffs with such hooks they could certainly catch a whale (excuse the pun) the tracks are catchy the vocals are rough yet melodic and discernible whilst everything going on sounds like an actual band smashing out rocking tunes with each other with energy and musicality that isn't dull and is consistently good throughout, nothing on this album feels like filler. An highlight for me is 'Dawn Rising' which features Mike Scheidt from a band called YOB, this track is reminiscent of the aforementioned, 7 minutes long and Doomy also reminiscent of Black Sabbath I must say. Overall this album has me latched on like a leech (excuse the 2nd pun).

Once Upon a Crime
Once Upon a Crime

5.0 out of 5 stars 18 Tracks of violent lyricism, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Once Upon a Crime (Audio CD)
The title of this review says it all there is many fast paced lyrical attacks on this Mob-themed album and Necro has stepped up his game from the (what I thought was sloppy) production of 'Die!' His rhymes are tight as ever and this is the most enjoyable Necro album I've heard since 'Death Rap' the subject matter is sick and the delivery is certainly sick too from both Necro and Kool G Rap whose verses in some tracks I actually favour e.g. 'Unsub' which has a rock rap vibe with it's simplistic slow tempo riff and multiple Killer references. Overall this has my attention from start to finish and I can't pick any flaws at all. Fan of lyricism and violent themes? Do check this one out. Booklet includes lyrics so you can gawk in awe at the verses

Kill The Architect
Kill The Architect

5.0 out of 5 stars Melancholic and dark, 10 Dec 2013
This review is from: Kill The Architect (Audio CD)
I have listened to this a lot since I bought it, Cage continues the kind of depressive vibe which was also on 'Depart from me' this album though I happen to enjoy a lot more than the previous... every track is consistent and seems to weave onto one another flawlessly, Cage has some great wordplay and a delivery which sounds like he's on the edge and ready to jump... The ongoing vibe is slow and melancholic there isn't no fast paced raps, just pure emotional genius with beats that feel unconventional yet work wonders for Cages flow. Do give this one a try Cage is one of the best Hip Hop artists out there and one of the most distinct.

Metro Last Light (Xbox 360)
Metro Last Light (Xbox 360)
Offered by Wowudo

5.0 out of 5 stars Immersive post-nuclear underdog, 1 Jun 2013
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
I could not give this game more praise it basically throws you into the underground and you should be immersed immediately... eavesdropping on conversations and getting some interesting gossip, yet a minor thing "gossip" it's just one of the many things that I think make this game fantastic. You progress deeper into the tunnels and if a conflict seems likely ahead you can stick to the shadows and cut throats/knock the unsuspecting victim unconscious... the stealth felt very satisfying as did looting the downed foe of anything of value... not a stealth type? Not to worry you can go gung-ho on human enemies and that approach is also satisfying, guns feel authentic as do the physics AI is pretty good at reacting to your attacks too, they'll fire random suppressive fire at times, in the location you were spotted by them. Some areas of humanity holding onto their last civilised hopes and survival instincts are beautiful as opposed to some tunnels and surface areas (Not in a bad way!) Tunnels feel claustrophobic and at times tense, very intense if you're low on ammo and you're hearing strange sounds. I could write so much since I absolutely love this game! Definitely recommend it!

Sonnderkommando
Sonnderkommando

5.0 out of 5 stars Gritty and innovative as always, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Sonnderkommando (Audio CD)
Album is very enjoyable, ambient moments some clean guest vocals here and there, gritty sounding and brutal production fits the album perfectly it sounds human and not mechanised by over-productive trickery... definitely a stand-out band Metatron (vocals) has a unique voice when he growls with his cockney tinged accent, drums are fantastic and the bass is actually noticeable amongst all the tremolo madness. One of my favourites of this year thus far. Recommend if you like something that sounds completely bonkers and original overtoned by harsh Black Metal

Raging Death
Raging Death

5.0 out of 5 stars Flawless from start to finish, 1 Jun 2013
This review is from: Raging Death (Audio CD)
This album kicks off at a fairly fast tempo and the buzzsaw sounding guitars and quite audible bass and pummeling drums just drew me in and had me hypnotised throughout, vocals are fantastic also. It has an old-school charm to it and some brilliant hooks and guitar work, I consider this album to be one of my favourites of this year thus far. If you like old-school Death Metal with great musicianship that also feels fresh and stand out from other Death Metal releases lately then definitely try this one! LOVE IT!

Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition (PS3)
Fallout: New Vegas - Ultimate Edition (PS3)
Offered by GAMES CONSOLES BARGAIN

3.0 out of 5 stars Ruined by bugs., 21 Mar 2013
I've played through this game on Xbox and it runs fine minus some minor glitches occasionally and the odd crash every 10 hours or so... The ps3 version is ruined by a certain bug in particular, the game will drop in frame rate about every hour and it really does make it un-playable as you get further in as it seems to get worse... I kept having to restart the game to reset the FPS.

One of my favourite games ever with a serious flaw on the Ps3.

Caligvla
Caligvla
Offered by Fulfillment Express

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic, 21 Mar 2013
This review is from: Caligvla (Audio CD)
This album is just fantastic, crushing riffs, brutal yet somewhat understandable death growls and some awesome symphonic stuff going on that adds another layer of greatness to the album... Me being a history enthusiast I enjoyed the lyrics a lot too, this album is one of my favourites of 2012 and I'd definitely recommend it.

Tomb Raider (PS3)
Tomb Raider (PS3)
Offered by MyMemory

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredible, 19 Mar 2013
This review is from: Tomb Raider (PS3) (Video Game)
I didn't expect I'd enjoy this as much as I did... the story is pretty good the climbing is just so fluid and there is some nice (optional) exploration to find some trinkets from pacific asian history, I found it exciting to find these artefacts and also to find the journals lying around which have been written by people such as Lara's friends/acquaintances... there is some pretty dark moments which I, being quite a morbid person enjoyed alot. So yeah buy it I doubt you'll be disappointed.

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5