Profile for Mr. R. J. Ellis > Reviews

Content by Mr. R. J. Ellis

Mr. R. J. Ellis (Birmingham, England)

EMARTBUY MOTOROLA T191 500 mAh COMPATIBLE BATTERY
EMARTBUY MOTOROLA T191 500 mAh COMPATIBLE BATTERY
Offered by emartbuyuk

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't charge properly, 18 May 2013
I previously bought an identical item from another supplier, which didn't work either. I guess that they are all old stock, and really shouldn't be on sale at all. In the end I threw the phone away.

FLASH SUPERSTORE MOTOROLA T191 500 mAh COMPATIBLE BATTERY
FLASH SUPERSTORE MOTOROLA T191 500 mAh COMPATIBLE BATTERY
Offered by FLASHSUPERSTORE

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work, 16 Mar 2013
Quite simply, the item was defective. I put it in my phone and it would not charge. I sent it back, and would therefore not recommend this product.

The Official DSA Guide to Riding - The Essential Skills Book (Driving Skills)
The Official DSA Guide to Riding - The Essential Skills Book (Driving Skills)
by Driving Standards Agency (Great Britain)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent publication, 17 Aug 2011
I am an experienced driver but novice motorcyclist.

I found this book very clearly laid out, and full of useful information, without going into excessive detail. The diagrams are good, and relate well to the text.

Thoroughly recommended.

4 Channel PT-04 Wireless Flash Trigger Control Set with 2 x Receivers
4 Channel PT-04 Wireless Flash Trigger Control Set with 2 x Receivers
Offered by UK Highland Photography

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 4 Feb 2011
I've just used these in combination with umbrella reflectors to photograph some work for an artist customer and found they worked just fine. When testing them out before the job I did find that one of the units fired at random, but this stopped when it was re-set. I noticed that one reviewer saw this as a reason to discard the unit, but I would suggest that he should read the instructions in the box....

Orchestral Suites 3 & 4
Orchestral Suites 3 & 4
Offered by EliteDigital UK

5.0 out of 5 stars If you haven't got it, get it, 20 Mar 2010
This review is from: Orchestral Suites 3 & 4 (Audio CD)
Some years ago I heard a Roy Goodman recording of the Brandenburgs, and this, to my mind, seemed a world apart from the rather stodgy renderings I had grown up with. This disc of Orchestral Suites 3 and 4 (along with that of 1 and 2 which I also own) continues in that vein. Everything, even the most complex passages, is light and poised, and yet full of energy. I can only surmise that this is how Bach intended the works to be, and they vividly display that spirit. I'll leave the details to the experts, but this amateur is a happy one!

720P HD CAR DVR TFT 2.5" LCD IR HD QUALITY CAMERA VIDEO RECORDER BRAND NEW IN BOX

4.0 out of 5 stars Good idea, great price, 20 Mar 2010
This is quite a bargain - it pretty much does what it says on the tin, and it's simple to install and use. The way it divides the recordings into six minute segments makes them very easy to review. The quality of the video is enough for e.g. recording the sequence of events leading to an accident (thankfully I haven't had any recently but with Birmingham drivers it's only a matter of time...) but number plates can only be read within about 5 metres. There are a couple of things which might be better:
(1) the lens angle isn't very wide - you see what's directly in front, about 50 degrees, but not much of the surroundings. However, there is obviously a trade-off between image quality and field of view.
(2) the base plate has an adhesive surface to connect to the dashboard - mine kept falling off but the problem is easily solved using sticky pads or blu-tac. A good modification would be a longer base.
However, at the price these are minor issues, and I would recommend the product. There was also a great piece of Chinglish in the instruction leaflet: "Hoped uses this product to be able to take you to feel relieved, the happy use experience".