Profile for vb > Reviews

SBC Aloe Vera Body Butter, 450ml
SBC Aloe Vera Body Butter, 450ml
Offered by Bodylife-uk Ltd

5.0 out of 5 stars Soothing and moisturising, 26 Jun 2014
Very happy with this product, love SBC, have used all the body butters. The texture is just right, easily absorbed. Fragrance is light and aloe vera is very soothing on a summer day. Love it.

50 x 12" inch Vinyl Record Album LP 450 Gauge Polythene Sleeves Covers
50 x 12" inch Vinyl Record Album LP 450 Gauge Polythene Sleeves Covers
Offered by Vinyl Guru

4.0 out of 5 stars Good, 26 Jun 2014
Bought these for my husband. He was pleased with them as they offer good protection for his vinyl collection. He has given a 4 star rating as he feels they could have been clearer but this is only a small detail, overall very happy and would re-purchase.

Crazy Horses / The Plan
Crazy Horses / The Plan

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 26 Jun 2014
This review is from: Crazy Horses / The Plan (Audio CD)
These were my 2 favourite Osmonds albums in the 70s and they still stand the test of time. As I've got older my taste has turned to heavier rock bands but these album still work for me. Great musicianship, good songs, intriguing philosophy around The Plan. Can still spend happy hours listening to both these works.

Spiritual Awakening: (the easy way)
Spiritual Awakening: (the easy way)
by TIm van der Vliet

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Jun 2014
Books around spirituality either grab you or they don't and sadly this one did nothing for me. Best described as a series of short poems which can be read in about an hour. I read a write up of the book before buying which suggested that the author had taken a dog's attitude to life and looked at the lessons we could learn but I didn't get that from the book at all. It was alleged to be funny but again this bypassed me. Not for me.

RANDALL & HOPKIRK DECEASED(1969)COMPLETE COLLECTION:7 DVD BOX SET.NEW:SEALED
RANDALL & HOPKIRK DECEASED(1969)COMPLETE COLLECTION:7 DVD BOX SET.NEW:SEALED

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as ever, 26 Jun 2014
Adored this series in the 60s/70s and happy to say I still adore it now. It is dated with regard to fashion and attitudes and it's amazing to see London streets with so little traffic, but the stories are still strong and entertaining. A good evening's escapism.

Dream of Sadler's Wells : Veronica at the Wells   (2 books in 1)
Dream of Sadler's Wells : Veronica at the Wells (2 books in 1)
by Lorna Hill

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 26 Jun 2014
I remember reading these books as a young teenager and I loved them. Thought I would re-read to see if they were still good, I enjoy reading ballet related stories and it's very difficult to get adult books on this theme so I thought I'd try Young Adult. I was amazed at how stilted the writing style was and how childish the characters were. They bore no relation to today's teenagers and it shocked me how things have changed over the years. Teenagers now read Twlight and the Mortal Instruments series and these can be equally enjoyed by adults of all ages. I was really disappointed, just goes to show, never try to revisit the past.

Clare in the Community: Series 4
Clare in the Community: Series 4
by Harry Venning
Edition: Audio CD

5.0 out of 5 stars Unmissable, 19 May 2014
Bought this as a birthday present for my brother who is a social worker. He found it unmissable and thoroughly entertaining.

The Closet aka Le placard [DVD] [2001]
The Closet aka Le placard [DVD] [2001]
Dvd ~ Daniel Auteuil

5.0 out of 5 stars Thoroughly enjoyable, 19 May 2014
This film was totally amusing, entertaining and enjoyable. The acting of Daniel Auteuil was, as always, perfect. Will watch this film again and again. Would recommend.

Little White Lies [DVD]
Little White Lies [DVD]
Dvd ~ François Cluzet

2.0 out of 5 stars Tedious, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Little White Lies [DVD] (DVD)
I found this film to be tedious. It was like listening to a conversation by a crowd of unknown people who are not very interesting. Wouldn't recommend.

A Cat in Paris [DVD]
A Cat in Paris [DVD]
Dvd ~ Jean-Loup Felicioli

1.0 out of 5 stars Unsuitable for adults, 19 May 2014
This review is from: A Cat in Paris [DVD] (DVD)
Despite the write-ups saying that this film would be equally enjoyable by adults as well as children I found this film childish and boring. Perhaps suitable for young children by certainly not adults

Page: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6