Profile for L. Lewis > Reviews

Content by L. Lewis

L. Lewis (York, North Yorks, England)

Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)
Just One Damned Thing After Another (The Chronicles of St Mary's Book 1)

5.0 out of 5 stars A cracking good story!, 25 Aug. 2013
Totally different to anything else I've read. I chose it due to the huge amount of great reviews and I wasn't disappointed. What a fantastic premise for a story and if only some of the things were possible!!!
Can't wait for the next book!!

Belkin Petals Cover with Stand for Kindle Fire HD 7", Ruby (will only fit Kindle Fire HD 7" [Previous Generation])

5.0 out of 5 stars Super Cover!, 19 Aug. 2013
I chose this because it was brighter than the usual offering. It was slightly more money than I thought I would be paying when I set out looking but the 'name' was reputable and it ticked all my boxes. I took it on holiday with me the second week I had it so it has now been in all the possible positions it can be, opened and closed many times and shoved in and out of bags and it still looks fantastic!
Ignore the reviewer who said they were disappointed that the tab stood up in their eye line and got in the way!!! it's magnetic!! fold it back it's self!

The only thing I haven't found works is the auto on when you open the case but that could be something to do with the fact that I mostly turn my Kindle off when I close it to conserve my battery.

It was been well worth the money, I am delighted with the quality, look, feel and features of this cover and recommend it in whatever colour floats your boat!!

Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack
Les Misérables: Highlights From The Motion Picture Soundtrack

5.0 out of 5 stars If you've seen the film you'll want/love this!, 22 Jan. 2013
Had to get this CD as the movie was so fantastic! All songs wonderfully sung with emotion, the ensemble pieces are particularly good. 'One Day More' had people clapping in the cinema!
If you've seen the film, you'll want/love this!

No Title Available

5.0 out of 5 stars Great machine!, 9 Nov. 2012
This is a great machine, very easy to use and clean. However, I chose this model because of the no contamination claims and although it does state in the instructions to run some pasta mixyure through you that don't need, to get rid of any manufacturing residue, it took me an absolute age and a whole lot of pasta to clear it! Just when I thought it was gone, another bit would wander to the edge and come out with grey smudges on! Anyway it HAS gone now and I love using it. Delivery to UK from Italy very prompt considering!

Billy's Beetle
Billy's Beetle
by Mick Inkpen

5.0 out of 5 stars A long time favourite in our house!, 12 Jan. 2010
This review is from: Billy's Beetle (Paperback)
We bought this book for one of our children when it was first published over 15 years ago. It was a delight then, beautifully told and illustrated and has never left our book shelves since. Once a friends' child was old enough to start having stories read to him, we couldn't wait to buy him a copy so that their family could enjoy it too! You will want to read it over and over again!

The Big Book of Top Gear 2010
The Big Book of Top Gear 2010
by Top Gear

5.0 out of 5 stars A must for any Top Gear fan!, 12 Jan. 2010
For any Top Gear fan this is the perfect 'top up' to the programme. It is fun and frivolous and has many 'tongue in cheek' articles that Top Gear fans will love.

Serendip: My Sri Lankan Kitchen
Serendip: My Sri Lankan Kitchen
by Peter Kuruvita

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful 'flavour' of Sri Lanka, 12 Jan. 2010
This is a beautifully produced book and different from the run of the mill cook book in that it has reminiscence's from the author of his homeland and his family and the part they played in his interest in food. There are many photographs (especially inside the jacket that folds out to give a whole 'vista' of images of Sri Lanka) which add to the whole beautifully presented feel of the book. I purchased it as a gift for my husband who has never had his own cook book before but after our trip to Sri Lanka, was desperate to find somewhere to enjoy more of the wonderful food. Where better than in our own kitchen?! We were both delighted to read the book first and be excited to see recipes of many of our favourite foods, even the gorgeous breakfast hopper (we had purchased a hopper pan from the local market and obtained the hotel chef's recipe to try at home whilst in Sri Lanka!)
The recipes are laid out easily and for any ingredients the author thinks may be tricky to get outside Sri Lanka, he suggests alternatives. We have found nothing so far that we cannot obtain in local specialist (chinese/indian) food shops.
Sri Lanka is an amazing country and this book is a wonderful reminder of it. We cannot wait to go back, meanwhile we can enjoy the authentic recipes in this fabulous book!